Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ironman1188
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 11, 2007

Truly an amazing piece of custom workmanship.
    To the Custom Hall of Fame for sure.
    Bugler, sound the advance.

Comment

• babycyclops
      Career Member
      • Jul 9, 2010

'I leave the 20th century with no regrets...'
      Looks amazing, congrats and well done on completing such an ambitious project!

Comment

• alex
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 15, 2009

Amazing, where on earth did U find all the bits and pieces, great stuff !!!

Comment

• jessica
          fortune favors the bold
          • Nov 5, 2007

40-gun salute in Ape City!!!

wow. what's next guys????? and it better be ape related!
          Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
          Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
          1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
          1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• Chris
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by jessica
            40-gun salute in Ape City!!!

The space ship from the TV show. . I'd like to get Matt to do the control panel for the Alpha/Omega bomb but with the new movie coming out Matt will probably be slammed with commissions. I'm going to work on getting my 12" POTA customs boxed and finish about 3 or 4 more figures (Mutant, Milo and Urko) and call it a "collection". Thx for asking!
            If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Matthew Sotis
              • Mar 17, 2011

Originally posted by alex
              Amazing, where on earth did U find all the bits and pieces, great stuff !!!
              Thanks! I swiped some from my kids games and playsets. Really. Shhh, don't tell them! A lot of it was photoshop trickery printed on clear labels and laminated. Chris will tell you that my biggest gripe was that a printer does not print white ink, therefore any console artwork that was silver/grey would print small black dots and would have to be hand painted white underneath to create the desired color and block out any light i didn't want to come through. The Earth Time/Ship Time consoles were a maddening example of this.

After 35 year years of commisioned work (i documented and photographed over 10,000 pieces of sold/signed artwork between 1976 and 1996 alone), i was really looking forward to retiring. After all, NO commision will top this spaceship. And i can only take half the credit. The Oscar for Best Picture always goes to the producer and it is WELL deserved by Chris.
              Last edited by Matthew Sotis; Apr 29, '11, 4:29 PM.

Comment

• Chris
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by Matthew Sotis
                After 35 year years of commisioned work (i documented and photographed over 10,000 pieces of sold/signed artwork between 1976 and 1996 alone), i was really looking forward to retiring. After all, NO commision will top this spaceship. And i can only take half the credit. The Oscar for Best Picture always goes to the producer and it is WELL deserved by Chris.
                That is so cool of you! Thank you. I'm glad you posted pix of the ship with some pictures of the actual set. The piece is exact and will be the cornerstone of my Apes collection. It turned out a billion times better than we ever could have hoped.
                Last edited by Chris; May 1, '11, 2:00 PM.
                If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• MEGO_SUPERMAN
                  Say No To Kryptonite!
                  • May 9, 2011

My goodness possibly the best POTA item I have ever seen! WOW!
                  Truth, Justice and Megos THAT is the American Way!

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan! - Ron Burgundy KVWN Channel 4 News Team

A picture is worth a thousand words. A Chuck Norris is worth 1 billion words. - Chuck Norris

You know what? I can already tell that I don't like you. And I'm probably not gonna like you no matter how many pull-ups or push-ups you do. All right, anybody who wants to pick on anybody in class, aim for him, 'cause I'm not watchin'. -Kenny Powers

Comment

• sixxvanrose
                    • Dec 31, 2010

Looking to Buy: Planet Of The Apes

Lunchboxes, Megos, Toys, You have it, I buy it!

Comment

• battmasterson
                      Career Member
                      • Dec 22, 2010

This is so awesome. GREAT JOB!!! Looks wonderful.

Comment

• AJ Collector
                        The Biggest Little Man!
                        • Aug 24, 2008

Simply Outstanding!

Comment

• Chimpan-Z
                          • Aug 17, 2007

ANSA SPACECRAFT

Hi Matt,it's Jeff at Kool Stuff Toys in Canada.I haven't been on here for awhile,but I finally got a chance to see what's up in the world of apes and I couldn't believe what I saw-AMAZING work !.Your attention to detail is very impressive indeed!.Keep up the fantastic work,Jeff.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎