Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scariest Movie You Saw Under The Age Of 12?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • artskull
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 14, 2010

Originally posted by Mikey01
    I don't know the title of this movie and I havent seen it for close to 40 years, but man when I did see it some scenes scared me bigtime.

It was black and white (probably low budget)

It had devil worshippers.

Most outstanding thing I can remember was a giant devil coming down railroad tracks at night.

The giant devil appeared a few times (I think) ... usually surrounded by a cloud or smoke
    I think you're remembering Night of the Demon (Curse of the Demon) directed by Jacques Tourneur. Simply one of the BEST horror movies ever.
    --
    ArtSkull: Graphic Design & Illustration

Comment

• jds1911a1
      Alan Scott is the best GL
      • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by Tyme2tyme
      I went to see Jaws when I was 11 (my aunt took me and my cousin). I don't believe we realised how scary that movie was to a couple of 11 year olds in "75. I still remember every time that music started, you could see half the people in the aisle pulling their legs up into the seats (to keep away from the shark!) JOHN
      to quote Matt Hooper "I got that beat" but not my much

I was 4 it was a drive in movie and 2 weeks we were at the jersey shore. My brother said he felt something brush against his leg. my Mom thought he was playing a joke (we were infamous for rubber snakes and mice in the cupboards). he felt it again and told Mom and she said "if you think it's funny to trick me we're getting out of the water" which would have been a real punishment. as we got closer to the waterline 2 guys who had been golfing came running down the beach into the surf past us to club a 3 foot shark that was behind my brother to death (they had seen the fin behind him). It was probably sick or a docile species (like a sand shark) but in 75 Sharks were evil. Mom felt Terrible and shockingly I wouldn't go into the ocean again for a decade

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Without a doubt it was Jaws for me. I had just finished 4th grade heading into fifth that year and boy Jaws freaked me out. I went to see it with my dad. I can clearly remember wanting to leave the theater after I saw the Great White drag that swim instructor underwater. I was absolutely panicked. No film has ever scared me like that. My parents had to make me take a freakin' bath after two days of refusing. The very notion of seeing the surface of water scared me.I guess you could say I was traumatized by it. Of course now it's one of my all time favorites. I think that's true for alot of people. Anything that scares you, ends up fascinating you.

Comment

• Richard J. Fowlks
          repeat offender
          • Feb 10, 2010

When I was nine, my cousins showed me both The Exorcist and Poltergeist on the same weekend when I was nine. Sick people. But they also showed me Monty Python's And Now For Something Completely Different, so I've forgiven them.

Not a movie per se, but I was TERRIFIED of the Thriller video when it first came out; I was 10.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I remember seein the Night Gallery re-run of the "Cool Air" episode around age
            11 and being really terrified. That ending, whew!

Also, the "Prey" segment in Trilogy of Terror--that may have been first-run. The Zuni doll was sooo frightening, I kept thinking it would be creeping around my room at night.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by artskull
              I think you're remembering Night of the Demon (Curse of the Demon) directed by Jacques Tourneur. Simply one of the BEST horror movies ever.
              I agree!
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Joe90
                Most Special Agent
                • Feb 23, 2008

Anybody remember the Japanese Film MATANGO!

aka Gilligan's Island on Mushrooms...
                90, Joe 90.... Great Shakes : Milk Chocolate -- Shaken, not Stirred.

Comment

• Adam West
                  Museum CPA
                  • Apr 14, 2003

Again first truly scary movie was "The Birds"...I was also scared of "Creature from the Black Lagoon" for some reason and WOZ when I was younger. When I was about 13 or 14 I saw "Cujo" with my cousin who got me in. I wasn't scared at all. I have had dogs all my life and couldn't imagine a dog acting that way.
                  "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                  ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• ctc
                    Fear the monkeybat!
                    • Aug 16, 2001

>people tried to get off the island by tying metal barrels together

Sounds like "The Killer Shrews."

Don C.

Comment

• PeterRR
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Jun 2, 2008

Originally posted by ctc
                      >people tried to get off the island by tying metal barrels together

Sounds like "The Killer Shrews."

Don C.
                      Wow thanks for the answer haven't seen movie since I was a kid will look for it on NETFLIX

Comment

• Random Axe
                        The Voice of Reason
                        • Apr 16, 2008

I'll never remember the name of the film, it was only a one word title, but it's about some seriously mutated baby. It was about 1979 or so I think. I remember this horribly disfigured infant crawling down a narrow corridor trying to get to some helpless chick. Someone please confirm that this movie exists and I didn't create it in some nightmare.
                        I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                          The Packaging King
                          • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Random Axe
                          I'll never remember the name of the film, it was only a one word title, but it's about some seriously mutated baby. It was about 1979 or so I think. I remember this horribly disfigured infant crawling down a narrow corridor trying to get to some helpless chick. Someone please confirm that this movie exists and I didn't create it in some nightmare.
                          Plot sounds like "It's Alive" from '74?
                          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Hotfoot
                            Dazed and Confused
                            • Dec 30, 2007

The Legend of Boggy Creek.
                            Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• Hotfoot
                              Dazed and Confused
                              • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by PeterRR
                              Wow thanks for the answer haven't seen movie since I was a kid will look for it on NETFLIX
                              James Best (Rosco P Coltrane) is making "Return of the Killer Shrews" with several Dukes of Hazzard Actors.
                              http://www.killershrewsmovie.com/
                              He was also in the original
                              The Killer Shrews (1959) - IMDb
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaH4qGdo-FM
                              Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

^Y'know, I actually dig that movie--decent pseudo-science, and the disguised dogs are not that bad.

Didn't the same guys do "The Giant Leeches"?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎