Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scariest Movie You Saw Under The Age Of 12?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

When I was a real little kid the boogiemen in March of the Wooden Soldiers were pretty scary

Comment

• mazinz
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 2, 2007

I know a few tv fright films of the 70's would get me, but of instances I can actually remember:

friday the 13th part 1 or 2 (think it was 2). We had cable (showtime) early on. My babysitter back then wanted to watch the film. So in the end I ended up hearing the entire film while my eyes were hidden by my pillow

the Children was another one that I saw back around that time that scared the hell out of me
      "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• rcbats1
        Banned
        • Nov 1, 2005

Growing up in Rural Arkansas...the nearest city was Memphis Tennesee. The Local station there had a Midnight Movie Madness series hosted by a scary lookin' guy named Sivad...he trolled around town with his coffin in a horse and buggy...and started the show with a " a Good Evening...I am Sivad"....scary stuff for a 6 yr old.
        Movie wise the scariest thing I saw on TV when I was little was a John Wayne Movie where some Mexican Bandits hacked his poor dog to pieces....that scared me to no end.

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

Oh, I forgot about "The Amazing Colossal Man". I watched that on the couch with my mom, and when it got to the part where he picks up the school bus full of kids I freaked. I was afraid to ride the bus the next day!

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by johnnystorm
            Oh, I forgot about "The Amazing Colossal Man". I watched that on the couch with my mom, and when it got to the part where he picks up the school bus full of kids I freaked. I was afraid to ride the bus the next day!
            For giant monsters I freaked out when I seen War of the Gargantuas when one of them ate the girl and spit out her clothes.

That scene traumatized me for a week

Comment

• Blue Meanie
              Banned
              • Jun 23, 2001

I was 12 when American Werewolf In London came out and remember me, my brother Tom, and a few friends rode our bikes to go see it. Now I'm not a huge horror fan...and at 12 I wasn't a Horror fan at all. I got to the scene where Naughton see's his dead bloodied up friend in the movie theater and I went screaming from the isles and jumped on my bike and started to ride it home. Scared the CRAP out of me.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                Permanent Member
                • Jan 17, 2011

The Mole People. I was about 8 and it scared the "bleep" out of me and I had to sleep with the light on for a while.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                  I was 12 when American Werewolf In London came out and remember me, my brother Tom, and a few friends rode our bikes to go see it. Now I'm not a huge horror fan...and at 12 I wasn't a Horror fan at all. I got to the scene where Naughton see's his dead bloodied up friend in the movie theater and I went screaming from the isles and jumped on my bike and started to ride it home. Scared the CRAP out of me.
                  I love that movie. The transformation scene is so awesome!!

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                    Banned
                    • Jun 23, 2001

Not a horror movie, but just as bad, pictures of The Elephant Man used to freak me out to the point of bad dreams.

Comment

• mightyquinn
                      Proud to be a Nerd
                      • Aug 4, 2009

Poltergeist scared the crap out of me, especially that clown.
                      Wanted: Lincoln Dracula & Hunchback, AHI Male Creature, Remco Phantom, Ghost of Captain Kid, 8" Tomlands

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein scared the beejeezus out of me at age 4. My grandfather was a big A&C fan, and his TV was in the repair shop, so he came over to our house to watch it. I guess my parents assumed I'd be up for this, since I was so into super heroes and didn't mind the villains. When Lon Chaney started to change into the Wolfman I went bat-crap!!! My parents had to turn the TV off and my grandfather probably thought I was doomed to be a sissy my whole life. Took me years to get over that one. Now Larry Talbot is my favorite Universal character. Go figure.

I stayed away from scary movies all together until I saw "The Thing" when I was like 9 or so. What a movie to start out with!!! Ye gods that was just grossly disturbing!

Chris
                        When I was little, the Abbott and Costello monster movies scared me too. And I usually did ok with monster movies. But something about the mashup of genres bothered me. Quit goofing around, don't you realize that Frankenstein is right behind you!

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                          Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                          • Aug 14, 2007

I went to the drive-in to see LOVE AT FIRST BITE (parent's choice, I think) and on another screen was some blood-drenched Hammer horror movie all blood and boobs. Talk about having an effect on a young psyche.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
                          https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• mego73
                            Printed paperboard Tiger
                            • Aug 1, 2003

The one that really got under my skin was the first network TV showing of The Exorcist. They took out the profanity and the crucifix scene but left the terror

Same deal for Carrie.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                              OH JES!!
                              • Jul 21, 2005

Beyond the door.......I couldn't sleep for a week....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bDdncqvtfQ

Comment

• werewolfz
                                • Nov 19, 2007

For me, it was Phantasm......that tall dude with the white hair just freaked me out.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎