Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scariest Movie You Saw Under The Age Of 12?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

For me, it was 'Live and Let Die', a Roger Moore/James Bond flick.

That tall black dude in the white skull makeup scared the crap out of me, and I had to sleep with the light on for weeks.
    JediJaida

Comment

• Brad
      Batman Fanatic
      • Aug 20, 2010

1) Dual - I saw the TV movie at age 6 and it scared me to death.

2) The Exorcist - I was 8 or 9 years old and it scared the crap out of me.

3) Jaws - Age 10 and I never wanted to go into an ocean after that one.
      "Never take a person's dignity: it is worth everything to them, and nothing to you." - Frank Barron

Comment

• Adam West
        Museum CPA
        • Apr 14, 2003

Definitely "Carrie".

This would have been the TV version of it since I wasn't allowed to watch rated "R" movies until I was 16 or 17.

The end of the movie (during the dream sequence) where the hand comes up out of the grave scared the cr** out of me. I couldn't sleep all night.
        "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
        ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Adam West
          Museum CPA
          • Apr 14, 2003

Actually, going back even farther, when I was really young I watched Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds" and that really scared me. I was only about 7 maybe 8 and also saw that one on tv. I was never afraid of any kind of bird until I saw this movie. I haven't seen it forever but would bet this movie would hold up as most Hitchcock movies do.
          "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
          ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Brad
            Batman Fanatic
            • Aug 20, 2010

Originally posted by Adam West

This would have been the TV version of it since I wasn't allowed to watch rated "R" movies until I was 16 or 17.
            We used to sneak into R rated movies all the time (through the exits) and hide in the trunk while entering drive in theaters. We were a bit misbehaved.
            "Never take a person's dignity: it is worth everything to them, and nothing to you." - Frank Barron

Comment

• Wise4671
              Banned
              • Aug 11, 2007

Toss up between The Exorcist and Count Yorga both of them scared the crap out of me I think I was around 7 when I saw these.

and one that I almost forgot about "And Now the Screaming Starts " That hand had me scared to death
              Last edited by Wise4671; Mar 16, '11, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• Megospidey
                Museum Webslinger
                • Jul 26, 2006

My mom would not let me watch ANYTHING scary as a kid. I think the first thing I actually saw was a Disney TV movie called "Mystery in Dracula's Castle." Definitely not on anyone's scary movie list, but for a 7 year old kid who had never seen anything scary, it got to me.

Comment

• david_b
                  Never had enough toys..
                  • May 9, 2008

Oh, and 'Wizard of Oz', even younger...

The flying monkeys and the Wicked Witch were very well brought forth and effective.
                  Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

First scariest scene .....
                    The beginning of Young Frankenstein showing the skeleton in the coffin.
                    I see it new in the theatre and leaped out of my seat they they showed it.
                    After seeing that I couldn't enjoy the movie on it's first run because I kept thinking there would be more scary stuff.

Comment

• luey
                      Treasure Hunter
                      • Jun 17, 2001

Don't be Afraid of the Dark and Trilogy of Terror (wooden staue episode) both were very scary to me in the 70's, watched both on TV... Have both on DVD now and not too bad Of course 7 years old and 40 are a bit different...
                      Greg Mason The Vintage Toy Picker from Knoxville, TN

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

My dreams were scary, movies were not.

Comment

• brent 1701
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Jan 15, 2009

fall of the house of usher scared the **** out of us kids i was 7 or 8
                          MR CHEKOV YOUR AGONIZER PLEASE

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein scared the beejeezus out of me at age 4. My grandfather was a big A&C fan, and his TV was in the repair shop, so he came over to our house to watch it. I guess my parents assumed I'd be up for this, since I was so into super heroes and didn't mind the villains. When Lon Chaney started to change into the Wolfman I went bat-crap!!! My parents had to turn the TV off and my grandfather probably thought I was doomed to be a sissy my whole life. Took me years to get over that one. Now Larry Talbot is my favorite Universal character. Go figure.

I stayed away from scary movies all together until I saw "The Thing" when I was like 9 or so. What a movie to start out with!!! Ye gods that was just grossly disturbing!

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                              Persistent Member
                              • Oct 3, 2007

Most of the scary movies I saw when I was young were Tv broadcast. I recall seeing Carnival Of Souls on a saturday afternoon horror show. Those eerie zombies dancing and rising from the Lake creeped me out. Dr. Phibes The second one in the desert. When Vincent Price has the guy strapped into his cot and crushes him into a cube with only his head sticking out. I could'nt sleep for fear someone would do it to me. Salems Lot had a few scenes. The dead kid floating at the window, and the guy being thrown onto the wall full of antlers. Thats about all I can remember.
                              Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                              MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• Marvelmania
                                A Ray of Sunshine
                                • Jun 17, 2001

The Birds (the part where they guy was missing an eyeball) with the WOZ a close second. A flying monkey! Come on, that's got evil written all over it!
                                Although I never saw the movie as a kid I remember just the ad for the movie The Frogs scared the crap outta me!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎