Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scariest Movie You Saw Under The Age Of 12?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mego73
    Printed paperboard Tiger
    • Aug 1, 2003

Originally posted by PeterRR
    Wow thanks for the answer haven't seen movie since I was a kid will look for it on NETFLIX

You can probably find it on Netflix but if it's not there there are multiple DVD releases of this movie since it is in the public domain.

Does anyone remember Terror On The Beach. It was a TV Movie with Dennis Weaver and Susan Dey about a family on vacation being terrorized by a gang. There is a scene where they think someone is drowning and it turned out to be a mannequin and I was freaked out by that in the day. The movie is on rotation on Fox Movie Channel and it's not on DVD.
    Last edited by mego73; Apr 20, '11, 10:27 PM.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• timb
      Will Draw for Toys
      • May 1, 2009

When I was in Kindergarten I caught the scene in "The Elephant Man" where all the kids and people chase him into a corner and tear his mask off. Scared the crap outta me. I think the fact that it was in black and white made it even scarier and weirder for me.

Comment

• Randy
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 12, 2006

Salems Lot or Dont Be Afraid Of The Dark!

Comment

• Karen-bionic-fan
          Banned
          • Feb 13, 2010

Originally posted by Randy

Wow just two of my all time favourite TV Films still effective and scary today .

Comment

• torgospizza
            Theocrat of Pan Tang
            • Aug 19, 2010

When I was about five, my folks took me to the drive-in and we saw Deliverance. For some odd reason, they just thought it was about a camping trip. Well done, folks!

Comment

• KosmiCKennY
              Igo ugo we all go 4 mego!
              • May 13, 2004

for me before 12 I didn't see many horror movies beyond the saturday night after star trek Vincent Price stuff which was scary to me, but when I was 9 my folks took me to the drive-in to see the '72 release of the godfather, when the guy woke to find the head of a horse in his bed.....scared the crap out of me

Comment

• johnmiic
                Adrift
                • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by ironman1188
                Carnival of Souls
                Dude, your Avatar is scary!

Comment

• boynightwing
                  That Carl Guy
                  • Apr 24, 2002

There are a few that come to mind. One I've completely blocked out the title and I can't figure out what it's called. What I remember was a little ghost girl singing a song in a classroom. I think she was killed in the coat room or something. I wish I could remember it but as a kid it was terrifying.

Another is Watcher in the Woods. It scared the pants off of me as a kid.

Then there is Creepshow and Creepshow 2. I can't remember which has which stories because its been so long since I saw them, but there was a short story in one involving kids going swimming in a lake and there was this living oil slick that was killing them one by one while they were stuck on this floating dock in the middle of the lake. The other short story in the movie was about a woman who kills a hitchhiker in a hit and run and his ghost kept haunting her saying "thanks for the ride lady!". Freaked me out!!

Comment

• chalwa
                    Mego Philomath
                    • Jun 8, 2007

Originally posted by Randy
                    Don't Be Afraid of the Dark!
                    Hands down! I was seven when I saw this and I don't hang my feet or hands off the bed to this day because of it, no joke.
                    I thought I could see 'em sometimes when I would have a sleepover at someone's house.
                    Dont Be Afraid of the Dark (TV 1973) - IMDb
                    Chalwa AKA The Pre-Crisis Chris

Chris' Blogs:
                    The Misadventures of Captain Blog
                    Comic Book Fanzines: Chain Letters for Disturbed Children

When I am grown to man's estate,
                    I shall be very proud and great.
                    And tell the other girls and boys,
                    not to meddle with my toys.
                    -Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

• ODBJBG
                      Permanent Member
                      • May 15, 2009

Some movie where this old lady looked like a zombie and she had some kind of a ring on or put some kind of a ring on. It's all I remember... Anyone have any idea what it was with that vague description?

Anyway, my brother would act it out from time to time, like he was creepy sort of zombie lady and it freaked me out.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎