X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

Type 0 bodies on first 4 WGSH

So what is the actual deal on this. I know there have been cases of the first 4 WGSH found on Type 0 (AJ) bodies. So what is the exact deal on this. Would the Batman and Robin figures only be the RC/RM versions with skinny boots and stirrups on Bats? Would the Superman only be a silk pattern Superman with stirrups and skinny boots? Would Aquaman be a sewn on sleeves only? I have personally gotten 1 Aquaman that came on a Type 0 with SOS and the owner was the only owner and he never owned any AJ's. So I have some background basis that kinda supports the claim. I have recently gotten a Batman with a non-stirrup suit, nylon shorts uniform, that came to me on a T0 body. Wondering if it may be original or a redress. The suit is in pretty nice shape and we all know how easy the nylon shorts separate if you dress/undress figures in them. Looking for any input. Thanks. C-
    Last edited by megocrazy; Mar 15, '11, 8:29 PM.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.
  • UnderdogDJLSW
    To Fear is Not Logical...
    • Feb 17, 2008

I would imagine that it would only be the earliest figures as like is mentioned in Ben's book. My original solid boxed Megos that I got as a kid were all type 1 and are stirrups, etc.
    It's all good!

Comment

• generic
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 25, 2009

I've never seen a WGSH on a Type 0 body. Although I do think they were probably released on the Type 0 body originally, I think they switched over to the Type 1 very early in the WGSH run, so I don't think any but the absolute earliest figures would have been Type 0.
      Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• rchatlin
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 24, 2001

My solid box Superman, with Large 'S' front & back is T1,
        so any that were released on T0 literally must have been in the first few weeks of distribution.

r
        o
        b

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

well I guess one way to check on it....has there ever been a T0 spidey body?

Comment

• ScottA
            Original Member
            • Jun 25, 2001

I always believed T0's were AJ and AJ alone. I've never seen a WGSH with a T0 body.
            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

There was an Aquaman on ebay last year on a Type 0 body. Whether it was legit,is another story.

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                Removed.
                • Jun 14, 2008

Wasn't Don a Type 0 also?

Comment

• megocrazy
                  Museum Trouble Maker
                  • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                  There was an Aquaman on ebay last year on a Type 0 body. Whether it was legit,is another story.
                  That may be the one I own. Seller had it listed as one owner only, himself. So I jumped on it to see. I recently hit a Batman T1 head on a T0 with no other signs of AJ stuff any where. It is a silk pants suit but no stirrups and not an RC Batman, which would be the earliest. It's in pretty good shape.
                  It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• actjac01
                    Veteran Member
                    • May 17, 2009

The closest I have ever seen one of the original 4 WGSHs with a T0 body is the soft plastic 'flesh' pelvis in place instead of the hard plastic one,
                    but still with the metal rivets in the joints (at least, that's the way all of my are.)
                    Was there ever any originally released with the classic plastic joints, like the T0?
                    "...You can capture the Klingon & bring him back to the Enterprise!"

Comment

• clemso
                      Talkative Member
                      • Aug 8, 2001

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
                      Wasn't Don a Type 0 also?
                      Yes, my Boxed Don came on T0

Comment

• Mr.Krusher
                        Banned
                        • Oct 25, 2010

^ Don looks awfully familiar....is that Bruce Wayne? ....And if it is, couldnt you swap heads between Don and the 'Alter-Ego' BatMan?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

Don has a Superman head.

Comment

• RG
                            Removed.
                            • Oct 1, 2004

Originally posted by Mr.Krusher
                            ^ Don looks awfully familiar....is that Bruce Wayne? ....And if it is, couldnt you swap heads between Don and the 'Alter-Ego' BatMan?

you mean clark kent ... and no ... Don is more pink like superman where clark kent and the other Alter egos have that coffee with cream color. Don has no copyright info at all where the supermans that look just like him do have the copyright info.

see on the right is superman on the left is orginal Don (my don also has a type O body)

now I did get a superman with stirrup suit no emblem or boots on a type O body at a flea market once and the head was very much an early superman with copyright info, and not a Don head. it could have been a head swap but the lady really didnt have much and told me how she tossed out broken ones

Comment

• RG
                              Removed.
                              • Oct 1, 2004

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                              well I guess one way to check on it....has there ever been a T0 spidey body?
                              naw. spidey came out after the first 4. so the type O bodies would have been long gone by the time Spidey came along. but man how cool would that be to find a type O body with red hands

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎