X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Well, it finally fell apart...

I had gone on a search for the Maya figure that I picked up from Classic TV Toys about a year ago, and started to examine it.

The head is only rooted directly in the front, in the middle section of the back, and at the nape of the neck.

The hair isn't pulled back tightly enough, and that square thing with the hair wrapped around it doesn't really serve any purpose, so I pulled the mini ponytail apart, and set it aside.

I then pulled off the boots, and guess what? You guessed rightly, the feet and ankles fell apart. The whole thing felt very brittle and fragile, so I put aside the head, outfit, boots, and transferred the neck plug onto a Rood Speel Supergirl figure that had undergone neck melt and been beheaded by me.

Oh, BTW, she's got the beginning of zombification, so she's not exactly all that cute anymore, but I'm not getting rid of her.

If Craig's new female bodies have a neck adapter included, I just might put the Maya head on one of those and see how it looks. The clothes will be saved for any female figures that I pick up from DocMego.

Well, I just wanted to put in my two cents worth.

If you want a Maya figure, get the head, clothes and boots from CTVT, and the body from Doc, then do a kitbash.
    JediJaida
  • tllgn
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 6, 2010

thats just what i did and it looks great,still in progress changing all my cttv female figures that are loose,well the the ones with the right color body anyways

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

On another note, I put the boots on a Dinah that had tights on and guess what?

Yup! Both boots cracked up the back of the leg.

I've had the problem before as the white shoes they sell for females tend to crack and split, even when the doll is barefoot!

I plan to get all of my doll shoes from my supplier mimi in hong kong.

I posted about her in another thread, so take a look at it.
      JediJaida

Comment

• TrueDave
        Toy Maker
        • Jan 12, 2008

I thought Maya was the Mego BC female repaint of Ma Walton??

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Maya is from Space:1999.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
            Permanent Member
            • Jan 17, 2011

Yea, Maya is CTVT Space 1999 and Mada if to 1,000,000 BC figure that reused the Ma Walton head.

I didn't get one figure with those boots on where they didn't break an ankle or two. Those boots are just too tight, they cant even go on all the way the feet are pointing straight down inside when they break.

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

The ankles break without being confined to the boots! They're made of cheap recycled plastic, and that's why I don't buy the female figures anymore.
              JediJaida

Comment

• tllgn
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 6, 2010

[QUOTE=JediJaida;719224]The ankles break without being confined to the boots! They're made of cheap recycled plastic, and that's why I don't buy the female figures anymore.[/QUOTE you should for the cheap price,then switch with dr.megos bodies -they work great

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎