Just thought I'd post this little beauty that I snagged off Ebay last year to see if anyone has any info on her.....the SS Supergirl variant on the right (seen below). I have examined her closely next to my other loose SS Mego Supergirl (seen on the left of the pics below) and there are differences to be sure as listed below.
1. Variant has higher waist.
2. Variant has longer 'hot pants'
3. Variant has fewer belt circles.....4 on the variant (fig. on right) on each side and 5 1/2 - 6 1/2 on the regular issue SS Supergirl (fig. on left) depending on which side you're counting.
4. Variant's 'S'-shield is slightly different design.
5. Variant has thinner black lines around costume details.
6. Variant's eyebrows are just a little higher on her forehead.
7. Variant's blue eye color is just a hint darker.
I've asked a friend of mine if he's ever seen one of these as he is very knowledgeable about Mego stuff and he said he's never seen one but thought it might be an early production run. The only other place I've ever seen one is in Ben Holcombe's book on page 112 (from the Mego foldout booklet as seen below here on the MM site) - it's a tiny black and white photo but it is the EXACT same SS design as the one I have......and best of all she is MINTY - MINT! I just love her and she is my favorite Mego figure that I currently own.
Any help identifying her would be greatly appreciated. Muchas grassy-*** in advance guys! LOL
Well, without further adieu.....he's my lil' SS variant Supergirl in all her minty glory!
The SS Supergirl design in this booklet (below) appears to be the EXACT design as the one I have in the pics above......definitely an early production piece. I wish they had kept this design as I prefer it over the regular issue SS Supergirl.