Thread: 8 inch figures from Alien (1979)

8 inch figures from Alien (1979)

How about an 8 inch line based on the first Alien film from`79?.I know Hot Toys and others have done them in the 12 inch format,but I think 8 inch would be just as good with the Alien being about 10 inches of course,lol

Images
    That would be cool they could make the cain mego with alien bursting out of his stomache action LOL

How tall is the 1979 xenomorph?

If the Kenner '79 figure was in scale with 1:6 figures of the time, then that would indicate approximately 9' tall. That then translates to a 12" tall figure in 1:9 scale. Not sure how well a reMego would fare against the Hot Toys 12" Alien in terms of sales.

A line of Mego Scale humans would go well with the HT giger Alien, tho.

There were a couple of Medicom RAH aliens done on 12" bodies years ago. Basically a combat Joe style body with rubber bits added on for the alien arms/hands/feet. The heads on most of them seemed rather small and out of scale on that particular frame.
    I always thought they would make a good portrait for a 10" or so custom figure and see how that worked with Megos 1:9 scale.

and that would be amazing, mego aliens.......

Images
    Hmmmm....

The old Kenner one was huge. I got an AMT/Ertl model kit that's in 8" scale (more or less) and have been retooling it with T2 style joints. The only problem so far is the tail; I want to make it like a bendy fig, but I'm having quite a time finding a good material to cast it in.

Don C.

Is the model kit scaled to look appropriate on an 8" body? That would be a bit short for an Alien figure in 1:9 scale, I would think I was always under the impression that the Alien was quite a bit taller than an average human.

Images
    Took the words right out of my keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Trappy Trek Freak View Post
    That would be cool they could make the cain mego with alien bursting out of his stomache action LOL