X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimsmegos
    Mego Dork
    • Nov 9, 2008

Re- Mego Sentimental Attachment?

Okay, so looking at what my collection is these days I've realized something... these new Mego's are really important to me. More so than simply collecting, I mean REAL attachment. Examples:

RA Superman and Batman found at TJ Maxx. I wouldn't part with them for nothing since I found 'em in the wild.

1950's Commander X- Jay sent me this one and the Western Knight version pre my interview with him to review. Western X is still around ans is just as important as 1950's X, I just had to free him and have him stand guard.

EMCE Kirk- This one's a little stranger. I HAD to buy it after reading a couple of the Shat's books. I became a fan all over again. Actually more than before.

Ralph- This incredible FX exclusive is made with so much MEGO love you can still catch Cupid flying by from time to time checking on him.

CTVT Monsters series 1 and 2 carded AND Castaways Creepy Classics Mr.Hyde and Zombie AND EMCE Frankie and Wolfie AND Flatt's Dracula- I have such a strong connection to monsters right now it's crazy.

The reason this struck me is that I was recently looking at the collection to thin it down again (just something I do from time to time) when i realized that I would NEVER want to part with these figures. Actually everything in my collection with the exception of two figures (Carded Boss Hogg and Carded Luke Duke with a bum knee) is completely off limits to trade or sale. It's really kind of strange for me since this is the first time I've felt a real connection to these toys outside of childhood nostalgia.

Am I alone? anyone else loving the toys with true childlike wonder and appreciation?
    Last edited by jimsmegos; Mar 8, '11, 8:42 PM.
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Well, I did buy these 2 generic youth re-mego from Doc Mego, (one looks like Robin unmasked and the other is a blonde version). I put a red jumpsuit and boots on the dark haired and a royal blue suit and boots on the blonde. I had some leftover emblems of Captain America and The Flash and put them on those. This little boy I used to babysit (named Noe') named them. So red is "Evil Lightning" and blue is "Mr. Star". I originally bought these to use as extras, but since they have names, I can't bring myself to change their clothes.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
      Career Member
      • Jul 25, 2010

Originally posted by jimsmegos
      Am I alone? anyone else loving the toys with true childlike wonder and appreciation?
      You are not alone. I have my collection in boxes right now waiting on display space to become available. It pains me to have them stored away. When i get packages in the mail and open them up, i am like a little kid at Christmas. Collecting these vintage treasures brings me much joy. I hate to have to put them in storage after just a few minutes of admiring them. The other day i finally scored a Captain Action. When he arrived and i opened the box, i felt an instant connection with him. It was as if i had just bought him off the shelf in 1966. Not only has he not gone into storage, but i brought out my GI Joe AT Man of Action to stand proudly beside him next to my computer. Now i can enjoy them every day .
      Vintage Toy Rescue
      1614-B N State Hwy 161
      Grand Prairie, TX 75050
      (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡