Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's time for some new Ape cards!!! Wait no LONGER!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoapesnut
    The name says it all!
    • Dec 3, 2007

It's time for some new Ape cards!!! Wait no LONGER!

Ok, I thought we can use something to cheer up the masses this dreary, rainy (at least in my area) weekend. Time to unveil a project I have been working on and whet your appetite for some upcoming projects. First of all, I need to spread some gratitude to Brian and Scott. After, once again, gluing my butt to a chair for countless hours to bring you the following cards, I am in awe of the untold countless hours they have put in to create the collection we enjoy today. I have only worked on a few measley cards and my butt is sore. I can only imagine the hours they have poured into the vast collection of cards we have. I love them all, and I am really partial to the new monster cards Brian produced. Anyone who looked at my recently posted collection pics can see that I strayed from my love of Apes to dive into some favorite monster figures. The cards Brian created were an awesome way to finish my new passion. I love the colors and especially the backgrounds. They have that haunting quality that evoke fond memories of sitting with my much beloved Grandmother on Saturday afternoons and watching Creature Double Feature. She would be knitting and I would have a big bowl of munchies and a couple cans of Coke and we both would be glued to the TV for every second. Those cards really brought back those memories once again and I can't thank Brian enough for that.

Anyway, I had the itch to create some new cards as I really had a blast working on the 5 CIPSA cards. So, I decided to expand upon my passion for foreign POTA figures and the next best set to go with next to my beloved CIPSA's were the Japanese Bullmark figures. There are 5 in that set and without further ado, here are my depictions of them for my new card set.

• megoapesnut
    The name says it all!
    • Dec 3, 2007

Here is a photo of the Bullmark packaged figures to compare to the cards

Comment

• megoapesnut
      The name says it all!
      • Dec 3, 2007

I decided to take a slightly different approach as to what I did with my CIPSA cards. For the CIPSA cards, I recreated the awesome box artwork for the internal photo and the pose of the figure. For the Bullmark set, I used the packaging concept as the actual artwork for the border and lettering of the card. The figures are all in the same pose, which anyone familiar with Bullmark figures in the box, have the figures with their right arms raised. Why they decided to package them this way is a mystery, but my cards pay homage to that. The backgrounds are recognizable to anyone who watched the POTA series. I am working on the backs of the cards and will have these to the printer soon. I hope to have them in the distribution chain in the next month. Along with these five, I am producing a CIPSA POTA Tree House card, which will be a checklist for the five CIPSA cards already produced. I will also have two mystery cards that you will have to wait and see. I have a couple of projects in the works so plan on making a lot of space in your card binders. The next project will be a surprise for now but I will give you a sneak peek at the following project, which will probably not happen until summer or fall at the earliest. Below is the sneak peek to whet your appetite. Between all of the projects I am working on and what Brian and Scott have done/are doing, 2011 should be labeled The Year of the CARDS!

Comment

• BanditJT
        • Sep 13, 2010

They LOOK GREAT!!!!!!

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

SWEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• clemso
            Talkative Member
            • Aug 8, 2001

Those are beautiful Scott, congrats on the superb design. And of course me want
            Also where did you get the japanesque font?

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
              Time to feed the cat
              • Dec 30, 2007

wow those look great, love the writing across the top

Comment

• megoapesnut
                The name says it all!
                • Dec 3, 2007

Originally posted by clemso
                Also where did you get the japanesque font?
                The font is called Cortin. I did a search for font styles and that one popped out as perfect for the cards. That was the font for the Bullmark cards. The Popy card is actually a font called China.
                Last edited by megoapesnut; Mar 6, '11, 3:25 PM.

Comment

• ScottA
                  Original Member
                  • Jun 25, 2001

Nice work. Put me down for a set.
                  sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• hansen14
                    Museum Patron
                    • Feb 10, 2008

WOW!
                    Can't wait to add this to the collection!

Comment

• wolfie
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 31, 2007

Those look fantastic, well done. Really looking forward to these.

Comment

• wilbs518
                        Mego Collector
                        • Jul 25, 2009

These are F"N AWESOME!!! I can't wait to get a set of these!
                        sigpic

Comment

• drzaius1
                          Residident of Camp Eleven
                          • Aug 25, 2010

These look awesome.

I'll trade you that damn talking human doll for some of those. HAHA

Drzaius1
                          Domo Arigato, Mr. Mugato
                          sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by megoapesnut
                            Ok, I thought we can use something to cheer up the masses this dreary, rainy (at least in my area) weekend.
                            ]
                            I have the same weather and this was a fantastic Cheer-up, Scott

Comment

• sauce
                              Removed
                              • Jun 24, 2007

Once again, work of genius!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡