Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ghostbusters exclusive Venkman examined.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

Ghostbusters exclusive Venkman examined.

With a little care you can get the Proton Pack and jumpsuit off Peter Venkman to see why his legs are so floppy.

The belt has some sort of rubber cement so it will stay in the same position.

He will stand if posed correctly. I have to guess the proton pack and rubber boots throw his balance off. His torso and underwear are all 1 piece like the old Mego Hulk. The button for his talking action is nearly in the middle of his chest. Note the speaker for this talking version where his six pack lies.

Here is a close-up. His head seems large sitting on the Mattel body. Or it could be vice-versa. When covered with his costume tho it's not noticable. Again, you can see the torso is fused to the underwear.

Here is the crux of it. The legs are linked to each other with black, flat, ribbon style elastic. I apologize for it being out of focus but you can see the front to back assembly poles/prongs inside there. There is no passageway thru the torso to the arms. The speaker device takes up all the room and no provision was made to snake the elastic up to the arms.

From another angle. I apologize for the image going out of focus but you can see the elastic is straining against the other leg and does not snake up towards the arms.

Last edited by johnmiic; Mar 4, '11, 8:34 PM.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

even floppier than the original bodies?
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎