X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toyman_Chris
    70's Era Pimp
    • Sep 7, 2011

Originally posted by livnxxxl
    That is pretty cool looking in an odd kind of way. I must find one of these. Thanks for adding it to the database.

Ditto! That looks sweet.

Comment

• Megotu
      jerk
      • Dec 16, 2001

I was thinking it was 3/4 of the way there to the Batman Beyond Batmobile.
      sigpic

Comment

• livnxxxl
        Megoholic RocketScientist
        • Oct 23, 2007

I just got this beauty from a really cool member here of The Museum. You may have seen it before not long ago. Now I am adding it to the database.

This is actually a liquor decanter and it is a perfect size golf cart for Mego's. The golf bags come off of the back to reveal the cap underneath.

I will take more pictures and post them later.
        Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
          Persistent Member
          • Oct 3, 2007

Another Bratz Vehicle. This is an RC Vehicle (Forward and turn in reverse style)

From this pic you can see the excess of room in this vehicle. I'm either going to extend the steering wheel or beef up the seat.
          Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
          MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• Hotfoot
            Dazed and Confused
            • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Toyman_Chris
            Perfect Brick Mobile!
            Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• johnmiic
              Adrift
              • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by Megotu
              I was thinking it was 3/4 of the way there to the Batman Beyond Batmobile.
              This isn't a Batman Beyond car as is? What is this from? Where'd you find it?

Originally posted by Megotu

Monster High Dolls Draculaura's car...Saw this at Walmart today and looks like it is really close to Mego scale. Could go a lot of ways with htis one...
              It would make a nice batmobile but with a little tweaking it could be made into a Catwoman Coupe.

Comment

• johnmiic
                Adrift
                • Sep 6, 2002

Has anyone looked into what off-the-shelf R/C toys in the stores could be used as the basis for Mego vehicles. As an example I eould like to be able to buy a R/C car and discard the body and put 2 seats and a Mego scaled car body on top. Say like putting the Mego Batmobile body right on and driving it around.

Comment

• livnxxxl
                  • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by johnmiic
                  Has anyone looked into what off-the-shelf R/C toys in the stores could be used as the basis for Mego vehicles. As an example I eould like to be able to buy a R/C car and discard the body and put 2 seats and a Mego scaled car body on top. Say like putting the Mego Batmobile body right on and driving it around.
                  To the very best of my knowledge no one has as of yet. However, I like your idea and I totally understand where you are going with it

I have seen RC cars in 1/9 scale so I would not rule out the possibility. Of course the correct wheel base will be the biggest issue. I will see what I can do to try and make your dream a reality.

p.s. TO ALL - BTW - I have some more stuff to add to the database within the next couple of days.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                    Persistent Member
                    • Oct 3, 2007

Originally posted by johnmiic
                    This is as close as you can get to what your asking...

The Jeep body is not originally Mego. But note how the RC Chassis rides on it. The RC chassis have alot of bulk to them, Battery compartment and electric components. In this case a 4x4 style doesnt seem to suffer from the lack of chassis space given. In order to conceal all that RC chassis under a Batmobile body. The best I could suggest is to get a smaller RC car. Cut it driver to passanger side. Then add a spacer piece between the RC halves and extensions for the wiring. Also you'll still need to find room for the batteries. I've seen this done on GI Joe scale vehicles but it would be a PAIN on a smaller scale like the Mego Batmobile!!!
                    MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• Megotu
                      jerk
                      • Dec 16, 2001

I have seen knock off Barbie corvettes with radio control that had room for the dolls. My thinking was to cut a mego batmobile into 4 pieces and glue a piece to each corner, bondo the gaps together...
                      sigpic

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                        70's Era Pimp
                        • Sep 7, 2011

Got another car for Brick's ever growing fleet. I can say that the Bratz cars are freaking perfect!!

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                          70's Era Pimp
                          • Sep 7, 2011

Thing finally got his sled! (Thank you Rescue Heroes)

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                            Persistent Member
                            • Oct 3, 2007

Great Additions Toyman C. From the foto's, It looks like you place is becoming the Hertz rental car place for Mego's!!! The Bratz sportscar is AWESOME!!! Any year of Production given or is it a "Still on the shelf" item?
                            MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• livnxxxl
                              • Oct 23, 2007

Adding to the ever growing data base we have here....

This was one of those hopeful vehicles that just isn't quite Mego scale although it is close and with a little imagination and some modifications it will work.

Many of you have probably seen these in your thrift store journeys here and there.

This is actually a really cool M&M's car/candy dispenser.

After what seemed like removing 100 "tiny little screws" later. (This thing was built to last) I was finally able to disassemble it and remove the red and green M&M characters.

I think the Fonz looks pretty cool standing next to it. It reminds me of Fonzie's jalopy car.

Comment

• livnxxxl
                                • Oct 23, 2007

This one has to be one of my personal favorites of my Megoish vehicles collection to date. This car just screams awesome just the way it is when I look at it. And as soon as I find another one I am definitely going to modify and paint it up.

This was another Goodwill find that I picked up some time ago. You got to love those thrift stores. I gave $20.00 for it so in the stores it would have probably been at least double that if not more.

That is it for now.....However, There is still LOTS more to come. For now it is back to the HUGE box of vehicles that I have accumulated to dig out more potential Megoish goodies that I had found. Who knows what you might see here next.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎