X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

>Are you doing the bots too?

Eventually. I was disappointed that the Shout Factory ones aren't Mego scaled. (They're close to 12" scale though.) I've been looking for a VW bus.... like the AJ one.... for cheap. (Preferably with body, doors, and wheels intact.)

Don C.

Comment

• MegoCapnMike
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 22, 2012

Originally posted by ctc
      >Are you doing the bots too?

Eventually. I was disappointed that the Shout Factory ones aren't Mego scaled. (They're close to 12" scale though.) I've been looking for a VW bus.... like the AJ one.... for cheap. (Preferably with body, doors, and wheels intact.)

Don C.
      Didn't realize that Shout put anything out like that. I don't see anything on their web site. Are these still being made?
      Looking for:

--Lion Rock "Mr Rock's" shoes/ boots (these may also be the same as the lion rock monster line boots)

--Mystery Astronaught

Comment

• MeerkatMego
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 7, 2007

Wow, AJ has an impressive fleet of vehicles.
        Meerkat Mego

Comment

• SentientApe
          Career Member
          • May 1, 2014

As I think has already been observed here, many of the roughly 1:6 scale "Barbie" vehicles are actually smaller-scale (i.e., closer to 1:9 Mego-sized) bodies with enormous seats to accommodate the larger dolls. While that means many vehicles will require some modification to accommodate 1:9 scale figures, once in awhile the fit is more natural.

... case-in-point: RC Jeep! I need to get some video clips of this tooling across my favorite "Forbidden Zone" landscape, but in the meantime --

Comment

• SentientApe
            Career Member
            • May 1, 2014

I apologize that I do not know the specific manufaturer/brand of this collectible, but I found a fully-leathered Harley Davidson rider AND high-quality scale HD(-licensed?) motorcycle at an antique store -- coincidentally, this happened 10 minutes after I found a loose Mego Fonzie in the same store! Here's a shot of the rider striking a sale of his bike with Fonzie, while George Burns looks on --

...and Fonzie on his new ride!

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

That bike is coolamundo.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• SentientApe
                Career Member
                • May 1, 2014

Okay... this one technically stretches the parameters of this Thread, but if we want to consider ALL types of transportation...

There is a plastic cookie-jar T.A.R.D.I.S. currently available for about $25. When the hinged lid is opened/closed, the light flashes along with T.A.R.D.I.S. sound effects. If you want to get specific, a 10-foot-tall Police Call Box should be just over 13" tall if translated to 1:9 scale (and I believe there is also a model available in that size for a MUCH greater price!). This 10" cookie jar is, therefore, technically small for true Mego-size, but you must consider that it WILL fit between 1-3 Mego figures inside, so it doubles as a storage container for your Tom Baker or Matt Smith figures, along with a companion or two.

The cookie jar also has a removable inner sleeve (cookies leave greasy residue), so it actually becomes BIGGER ON THE INSIDE!! (obligatory Doctor Who joke)

As I said, it is slightly smaller than perfect scale, but a little forced perspective still makes it ideal for various photo shots --

...and I specifically purchased it so I could set up this photo of The Doctor landing in New York in the year 3978 --

Last edited by SentientApe; May 1, '14, 7:25 PM.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                  Moderation Engineer
                  • Aug 14, 2003

Great shots! Close enough is good enough IMO

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, that is NICE! Great shots, and I think it works. Mego never got scale 100% right, so it works.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• SentientApe
                      Career Member
                      • May 1, 2014

Another "Barbie" car. This one gets two "Thumbs Up" from Cornelius.

Comment

• SentientApe
                        Career Member
                        • May 1, 2014

FURTHER ON THE ISSUE OF MOTORCYCLES --

As interest rises on creating Custom "Ghost Rider" figures, the need for 1:9 motorcycles will inevitably increase.

I am deliberately ignoring the Batcycle, Fonzie's bike and CHiPs motorcycle, because everyone should already be aware that these already exist for the Mego universe. If your plans already include modifying one of these bikes, you don't need the following suggestions, anyway.

Anyone motivated in adding a Mego-scale motorcycle to their collection/fleet is urged to first search eBay for "1:9 scale motorcycle" to see a relatively wide range of choices, brands and manufacturers. Styles available in this scale range from Fat Boys and Choppers to "crotch-rockets", these are made from a variety of materials, including diecast metal and plastic. A very common scale for diecast motorcycles appears to be 1:10, so be sure to search for those, as well.

A styrene plastic model kit (manufacturers include Imex, Testors) would be the easiest to convert. Combining ("kit-bashing") a few different models can give you an absolutely unique custom bike. In the case of Ghost Rider, you might consider incorporating parts from skeleton models or even some prehistoric/dinosaur models; it is also worth mentioning Aurora's "horror" series of models. There is no shortage of horror-related resin models, many of which can provide useful parts.

A diecast metal bike (Guiloy, Franklin Mint, Tootsietoy, Maisto, among others) would give you something sturdy enough to stand by itself mounted by a (top-heavy) Mego figure. Be sure to check out the "West Coast Choppers" line, as some of these 1:10 scale bikes are well-suited for consideration as a Ghost Rider vehicle.

Comment

• cmhorse
                          • Jan 25, 2010

I have found a several mego size vehicles. if you are looking for a truck check out the breyer ones they are 1/9 scale the horses are the right size also. Bratz vehicles are also the right size. I have several and are perfect. 1/9 scale motorcycles are fairly easy to find also.

k

Comment

• Spyweb007
                            Persistent Member
                            • Apr 18, 2006

I just found Mego scale Motorcycles at Dollar Tree. They are dirt bikes and come in different colors, green, red, yellow and blue I think. I picked up a green one and AJ fits on it perfectly, the bikes are not undersized at all.

Comment

• pmwasson
                              Maker
                              • Sep 12, 2007

Was it this one? https://www.dollartree.com/Kawasaki-...9531/index.pro

Or maybe theses? https://www.dollartree.com/toys/acti...0553/index.pro
                              Last edited by pmwasson; Nov 2, '16, 9:53 AM.
                              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                                Moderation Engineer
                                • Aug 14, 2003

I like option 2 for a vintage accessory

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎