X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Relic
    Banned
    • Jun 24, 2012

Does anyone remeber the Big Jim Rescsue Rig? I used it as a kid with my mego's. My younger brother would be the super heros and i would be the villians. I would have Penguin or Joker commit a crime in front of the Rescue Rig and my brother would respond with Batman and Robin in the Batmobile. When the batmobile pulled up I would open the door to the rescue rig and a half dozen or so bad guys including Green Goblin, Lizard, Catwoman, etc. would kidnap Batman and Robin. Can the Rescue Rig be even found anywhere now a days?

Comment

• johnmiic
      Adrift
      • Sep 6, 2002

I have this Erector Design 1 Motorcycle. I think it will be close to MEGO scale when assembled. I'm selling one I never had time to complete in The Marketplace.

Comment

• nobody
        banjo!
        • Jan 26, 2012

Also... Here is an 80's version of a vinyl toy found a few years ago. This pictured copter is trademarked as "Gay Toys Inc."
        Gay toys, Was restructured as "American Plastics Inc." in the late 80's.

I'm afraid to do an ebay search for Gay Toys.....not that there's anything wrong with that.

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

Breyer has a pick-up truck for 8" figures.

Comment

• fallensaviour
            Talkative Member
            • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by billbot85
            Hey all, I'm new to the forum here. I was wondering if this Tonka pick-up truck would fit Ninja Turtles figures too? Specifically Bebop, since he's so bulky its hard to find a truck for him. What do you think? Thanks!
            With a little repaint this truck would be perfect for a fall guy custom or simon and simon.Nice find!!
            “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• shellhead
              museum rustpot
              • Mar 1, 2007

stupid double post....
              Last edited by shellhead; Oct 4, '12, 5:21 PM.
              Chris

Keepin' it Mego-ey !

Comment

• shellhead
                museum rustpot
                • Mar 1, 2007

I just found a new one at my friendly neighborhood Albertsons store, while grocery shopping.
                It's a Ford Mustang, for "Barbies" but as you can see from the pic on the box, it's more scaled to Megos.
                The cool thing is that it's not a true pink !
                The color is super close to Mego Green Goblin purple !
                The interior is black, and it's made from the same type of plastic as the Batmobile.

Chris

Keepin' it Mego-ey !

Comment

• pmwasson
                  Maker
                  • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by shellhead
                  I just found a new one at my friendly neighborhood Albertsons store...
                  Cool $5. There's an Albertson's within walking distance from me.
                  sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                    Persistent Member
                    • Oct 3, 2007

New Additions to Mego Motors!!!!

Hey all. I have 2 new additions to the Mego Scale Vehicle ranks. First is a Better version of an early Myster Motercycle.

The Road Rippers Turbo Chopper. I posted this before but lacked info for a ggod description. Made in 2008 and would be a good base for a Chips Patrol cycle. With a little paint of course.

Next is a Vynil vehicle from Mexico. Plasticos Impala

They must really love VW in Mexico. Nice little Hatchback. I had to cut out a section from under the dash so the Mego's feet could fit in. About the same scale as the American Plastics Nascar vehicles or Pick up trucks. Looks and feels like a classsic Beach toy. Not sure if the "Impala" is part of the company name or descriptor for the vehicle.

Just like the Prior mentioned Nascar vehicles, The head of the Mego can rub against the roof. So the threat of paint loss or color transfer is there.

Heres the production sticker just incase someone needs it. I'm not a car guy as I state often. So I'd really liked to know the exact version of VW this represents. " Quick Maryjane, To the Spidey Rabbit,,, Shirocko,,, Whatever!!!" See what I mean!
                    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                    MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• SeattleEd
                      SynthoRes Transmigrator
                      • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by ddgaff1132
                      They must really love VW in Mexico.
                      They manufacture VeeDubs down there. They still manufacture the Bug, not the modern but the old school one. So VW is really popular down in Mexico.

Comment

• Enik24
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Jul 4, 2011

I actually saw a green car that would perfeclty fit megos at the swapmeet. I would have bought it if the dealer had not said it was $10...
                        <>_<> I will always be watching you, always.

Comment

• Neutron X
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 22, 2007

Found a few cool pics Rich sent that I would like to add:
                          1970s Goodness

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                            Persistent Member
                            • Oct 3, 2007

Originally posted by Neutron X
                            Found a few cool pics Rich sent that I would like to add:
                            1970s Goodness

WOW!!!! Thanks for putting these up N-X. This is really adding to my belief that Gay Toys was marketing vehicles to work with Mego Figures. The scale is perfect!!! And since it has the companies earlier name sake (circa 70-early 80's), It seems to add more fuel to the fire!!!
                            I wish we could get an interview from someone from Gay toys to confirm this as fact once and for all! It just seems too perfect that alot of their toys from that period are Perfect Mego Scale!!!!
                            MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                              Persistent Member
                              • Oct 3, 2007

Homage to Secondary Market toy Vehicles!!!

Hello all! My latest CONVERTED toy vehicle for Mego use. Is a throw back to toy manufacturers who provided secondary market vehicle for use with other major toy lines back in the Golden Age of Action Figure toys. A salute to those who road on others coattails but still expanded our play enjoyment. With this homemade vehicle, I pay respect to LJN. Who in the 70's produced a line of vehicles for use with multiple action figure lines such as GI Joe, Big Jim, Mego and their own 12" figure "Mister Action".

I myself received the Training tower (shown in the photo insert) one Christmas along with a Authentic Hasbro GI Joe. Later in life I found the ATV in a thrift store (Most of it, anyway.) but remembered it from pictures on the towers box. Just like the LJN model, my homemade version follows the classic "Knock-Off" model selling scheme. Add as many Doodads as possible to make the toy set more desirable.

Now for the formula. The base vehicle is a Lanard ATV. Funny I should use a vehicle that itself is a Knock-off of the classic 3 3/4 GI Joe line. There was a middle seat much like the one my Mego is sitting on. It is secured by a screw making it easily removable. The controllers are cut from a Barbie Bicycle and inserted in holes that were provided for Lanard accessories. The other accents add are various Doodads added to dress up the ATV from various toy lines. I'm still trying to attach the shovel and fire-extinguisher.

This angle shows the 2 foot wells that the little 3 3/4 GI Joe's legs would occupy. In the Mego's case, He uses a foot in each well.
                              I'm finding it amusing that this is probably the first actual "action Figure vehicle" that I've UP-Scaled for Mego use as opposed to Down scaling a 1/6 doll vehicle (AKA Barbie type vehicle)
                              Last edited by ddgaff1132; Feb 10, '13, 2:55 PM.
                              MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• MegoCapnMike
                                Veteran Member
                                • Feb 22, 2012

Originally posted by ctc
                                Hmmmm....

Let's not forget the mightiest Mego scale vehicle:

2 cyllnders of pure power baby! WOOOOO!!!!!

Found it at the dollar store. I've only found the one; which is too bad 'cos I could really use at least two more. I could use one of them VW busses too. (I have a Pearl Forrester custom in the works.)

Don C.
                                MST3K custom in the works!!!!???? Very cool!!!! Are you doing the bots too?
                                Looking for:

--Lion Rock "Mr Rock's" shoes/ boots (these may also be the same as the lion rock monster line boots)

--Mystery Astronaught

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎