• Sep 6, 2002

^^^Ohhhh, Thank You Sir!

Comment

• livnxxxl
      Megoholic RocketScientist
      • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by johnmiic
      ^^^Ohhhh, Thank You Sir!
      You are most certainly welcome. Glad I could help point you in the right direction. Good luck with the hunt and be sure to keep us posted.
      Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
        Persistent Member
        • Oct 3, 2007

INFO BREAK::::
        Most of the soft Vynil vehicle toys are produced by two companies that I'm aware of.
        http://americanplastictoys.com/
        http://processedplastic.com/ourtoys.html
        These 2 companies seem to cycle through molds every couple of years. Thus you may see a vehicle produced several years back once again on toy shelves. This maybe a market or Licencing issue also.
        Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
        MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• livnxxxl
          • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by ddgaff1132
          INFO BREAK::::
          Most of the soft Vynil vehicle toys are produced by two companies that I'm aware of.
          http://americanplastictoys.com/
          http://processedplastic.com/ourtoys.html
          These 2 companies seem to cycle through molds every couple of years. Thus you may see a vehicle produced several years back once again on toy shelves. This maybe a market or Licencing issue also.
          I am indeed familiar with both of those companies. Although I was not aware that they cycled through their molds though. It makes perfect sense. I do not blame them for wanting to get the most out of their molds.

I for one am glad that they continue to produce what was old and make it new again. That is especially great for those of us that may have missed out the first round or two. Thanks for sharing the info.

Comment

• livnxxxl
            • Oct 23, 2007

Here is something a bit different to add to the database. I was messing around in the man cave the other day and pulled this out of my huge box of Megoish vehicles that still need to be cataloged and added to the database here. Thank goodness at least it is not pink and it is not Barbie for a change. This ride even comes with safety in mind as it has working seat belts/shoulder straps. How cool is that?

This vehicle is (C) 1998 and is manufactured by Toy State Industrial. It has several buttons on the back to push that make different sounds and activate lights.

All in all it is a pretty snazzy little Meogish gem.

The Fonz gives it two thumbs up!

Comment

• Dirtshot Mahoney
              • Dec 21, 2011

That buggy is awesome it could be a great update of the spider-buggy

Comment

• Dirtshot Mahoney
                • Dec 21, 2011

Found the buggy on Ebay

here is the link...
                is pink thou...

Large Plastic 1998 Dune Buggy With Engine Sounds & Lights - Batteries Incl. | eBay

Comment

• Brown Bear
                  Still Old School
                  • Feb 14, 2008

This thread is awesome.
                  Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• shellhead
                    museum rustpot
                    • Mar 1, 2007

Here is a cool car on ebay now.
                    Vintage 19" Andy Gard Red Plastic Touring Sedan Car Model.3178G - fits Barbie | eBay
                    Last edited by shellhead; May 31, '12, 6:28 PM.
                    Chris

Keepin' it Mego-ey !

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                      Persistent Member
                      • Oct 3, 2007

2 New additions to the Mego Garage!!!

Been a while since I came across Mego-esque vehicles.
                      First up is a 1985 Playmates Remote control or Control by Wire Super Corvette.

Perfect head room for Mego's but the dashboard distance leaves something to be desired. A longer steering wheel should solve this.

Next is bit of a mystery??? Marked Mattel 2002. I think it might be from the recent He-Man line of toys. Anyone knows this by name, please chime in!!!

If I ever get anywhere with my Hawkman custom. This is gonna be his Hawkcycle!!!
                      MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                        Persistent Member
                        • Oct 3, 2007

We have all these possibility's for Mego scale rides. How is it we only have 2 for the MegoMeet races???
                        MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                          Moderation Engineer
                          • Aug 14, 2003

Next year will be Vantooth vs. the Super Collector van.

I think the original idea was that the cars had to be equal like in Nascar.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                            Persistent Member
                            • Oct 3, 2007

Produced in 1998 by Hasbro for the Movie "Small Soldiers"

Also... Here is an 80's version of a vinyl toy found a few years ago. This pictured copter is trademarked as "Gay Toys Inc."
                            Gay toys, Was restructured as "American Plastics Inc." in the late 80's.
                            MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• billbot85
                              • Jun 24, 2012

Originally posted by ddgaff1132
                              Check dis!!! Working on the assumption that since Tonka made vehicles in the 1/6 scale to sell to the GI Joe market. I began to search for items they might have aimed for the Mego market. "Tonka 1979 Pick up truck"

Cant really figure what vehicle line they were basing it on. But I'm not really a car guy like that.

The truck's got a real solid look to it. I'm using a standard AJ and a redux spa Dinah. CTVT female and Doc Mego Supergal head.

Cab shot here shows the figures fit perfect. AJ seats easily and doesnt have to stretch to grab the steering wheel.
                              Hey all, I'm new to the forum here. I was wondering if this Tonka pick-up truck would fit Ninja Turtles figures too? Specifically Bebop, since he's so bulky its hard to find a truck for him. What do you think? Thanks!

Comment

• Chris
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 23, 2009

That is perfect!
                                If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎