Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monkey tennis
    "Kiss my face."
    • Jun 8, 2007

Theses and Buck Rogers figures were well played with in our house, and any lost limbs just became part of the story...battle scars.
    We did the mix n' match thing too, with Buck, Black Hole, Star Wars, Star Trek and Battlestar Gallactica figures getting it together.
    "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• jds1911a1
      Alan Scott is the best GL
      • Aug 8, 2007

it seems many of us did mix our figurs for play and it was easy they were all in the same scale. today every toy line is not in scale so even if you like marvel and DC you can't play with them and not have them look like little people (JLu are just under 6 " and the cuirrent marvels are like 7 inches)

Comment

• raider5gt
        Museum Tree Cutter
        • Nov 25, 2007

I use to mix and match my figures for fights,Black Hole,Battlestar Galactica,Star Wars and Micronauts,i did use the Cylons as guards and Vincent and Maximillian had to rescue Adama and Muffy from the Cylons prison.

Still got Vincent minus 1 of his ball feet and Maximillian,there put away somewhere,never managed to get BOB.

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• Action Martin
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 30, 2007

The Black Hole figures came out near the end of my action figure buying days. I never saw the 12" ones and the 3.75" ones weren't widely released in my area. Within 20 minutes west and east I had a Toys R Us, Playworld, Child World, KayBee Toys, Woolco (formerly Great Eastern), 2 Woolworths, TSS (Time Square Stores), and various other department stores like Sears, Service Merchandise, Consumers Distributor, J.C. Penney's, etc. And the only store that carried the Black Hole figures was the Woolworths in the Sunrise Mall. They had them inside the locked glass display case and marked at $3.33. The price was ridiculous as most all other action figures were $1.97 in other stores, unless you went to KayBee where they were $2.99. KayBee was always a little pricey. I did wind up buying Pizer, Holland, Durant, Kate, Ernest Borgnine, Reinhardt, and the sentry robot. The others were not available. My friend, who had to own every action figure ever made, did manage to get the other robots at Heroes World, where he paid more than $3.33 for them.

I did find them to be very fragile. The thumbs were delicate and the elbows & knees were very tight.
          Scott

Comment

• starsky
            veteran member
            • Aug 26, 2007

i didnt really think about breaking any figures when i played as a kid. all i wanted to do is play with them and the thought of them being too fragile to play with never even entered my mind. as a result, like what others have said, the first to go were the thumbs... had hours of fun tho!!!

Comment

• Ranger 3
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 25, 2007

I got my Vincent at K-mart; on the card, his head is retracted so you can't see his eyes and I recall wondering if it was stuck that way, or if it raises. I actually hesitated buying him because of that; in the end I just couldn't believe that it wouldn't, so I got him. Sure enough, I was right!

Why in the world would MEGO package him like that?

Mark

Comment

• jds1911a1
                Alan Scott is the best GL
                • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by Ranger 3
                I got my Vincent at K-mart; on the card, his head is retracted so you can't see his eyes and I recall wondering if it was stuck that way, or if it raises. I actually hesitated buying him because of that; in the end I just couldn't believe that it wouldn't, so I got him. Sure enough, I was right!

Why in the world would MEGO package him like that?

Mark
                The heads were always prone to falling in maybe they wanted to avoid wearing them out? I haven't seen a carded one with a good pic recently so I can't see if they were intentionally closed or it was a matter of the head falling in in shipment (if the blister was taller than his head shut it is probably a matter of shipping)

Comment

• Ranger 3
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 25, 2007

Originally posted by jds1911a1
                  The heads were always prone to falling in maybe they wanted to avoid wearing them out? I haven't seen a carded one with a good pic recently so I can't see if they were intentionally closed or it was a matter of the head falling in in shipment (if the blister was taller than his head shut it is probably a matter of shipping)
                  The blister was actually custom-shaped around the head being closed and the little side arms to be out (they have to be out for the head to drop down). It's pretty clear that they were intended to be packaged with the closed head.

Here's a pic of the foreign carded version (the same bubble was used for the US release):
                  http://www.bugeyedmonster.com/toys/b...nce3carded.jpg

Mark

Comment

• gort
                    • Jan 9, 2008

I ended up with quite a few Black Hole figures as they were quite heavily discounted (in the end I could by them for about 20p each). Once I'd broken a few thumbs and stopped trying to make them hold things they were reasonably robust. Not as tough as GI Joe's (or Action Force as was) but they didn't just fall to pieces like some figures (will Wheels Willie please stand up... Oh, apparently he can't)

I also anded up with so many Sentry figures I started using parts to fix other figures. I still have Charlie Pizer with his robot arm, not to mention Cyborg Hulk. Come to think of it, all my Comic Action Heroes had modified Sentry legs at some time or another.

Comment

• Dadioche
                      • Oct 8, 2007

Hey, bionic super heroes, that's fun !
                      Do you have any pic ?
                      Thanks in advance.
                      Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel !
                      The Power of the Toy

Comment

• gort
                        • Jan 9, 2008

I only have Hulk left, the rest eventually reverted to their original legs and were sold off years ago but as you'll see, Hulk was in a little worse shape.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...2/AFA/hulk.jpg

I found a few other figures while I was looking, Dan Holland Human Torch, a couple of birdman types and a home made STAR (who was never sold here). These were all made when I was a kid so the quality isn't up to much, but they were fun at the time.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2.../blackhole.jpg

Comment

• Ranger 3
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 25, 2007

I don't mean to be a 'thread pirate', but fans of Black Hole toys will enjoy this:

YouTube - Stop motion Black Hole Robots

Mark

Comment

• Bones
                            Museum Patron
                            • Oct 4, 2009

I loved (and still love) the film, but I only had poor old Harry Booth. I always wanted more, and desperately wanted a V.I.N.Cent, but they were never widely available in my area and my parents' action figure dollars nearly always went for Star Wars.

Comment

• captact
                              King of Super Queens!
                              • Aug 19, 2007

Any words on the 12" versions???? I love the detail on them and accurate face molding,...Ive got them all,..even the VINcent wind-up,...which i got from Ireland,..hardest to find (same wind-up function as Mego Buck Rogers Twiki).

Comment

• tmthor
                                God of Knock-offs
                                • Nov 29, 2005

I had the Sentry, Vincent, Maximillian & durant
                                I used to play with them with all my figures

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎