X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Type3Toys
    Home Of The Type3 Body
    • Jan 18, 2005

Originally posted by EMCEtoys
    I confess I don't know the show outside of the Goth girl, and I've always had an aversion to doing toys of "just guys in suits".

And for the record, our Toy Fair booth this year was right next to a company that produces farting stuffed animal toys.
    Are you sure those were the toys farting and not Paul?
    LOOK
    Action Figure Design & Prototypes
    For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
    To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
      Mighty Man/Monster Maker
      • Aug 14, 2007

I'd jump on Abby, uh figure, yeah, I'd jump on an Abby figure.

'Course I'm REALLY waiting for a Triana Orpheus figure from Venture brothers.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
      https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

she'd make a great custom base for Harley Quinn.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Type3Toys
          Home Of The Type3 Body
          • Jan 18, 2005

Well, all I know is someone is gonna make this line and cash in, just would like to see it done by EMCE!
          LOOK
          Action Figure Design & Prototypes
          For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
          To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• Foolkiller
            • Feb 10, 2011

Another show I never watched, actually Big Bang Theory is probably the only thing on TV that I catch weekly. I want a Sheldon Mego figure
            "Live a poem or die a fool"

Comment

• Tothiro
              Kitten Mittens
              • Aug 28, 2008

NCIS isn't my thing... Fringe would be cool. But again - kinda peeps in suits.

Comment

• bobws
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 13, 2008

I'd get some! and though i don't watch it regulary , i always wind up watching the saturday marathons and killing a whole day.
                "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• cdhall
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 14, 2004

My son is 12. He likes Megos. He Loves NCIS. He doesn't really play with Megos but he likes them a lot. He has all the Trek Crew and some duplicates.
                  —-
                  “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
                  - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
                  - Captain Spock
                  https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• Airdave817
                    Satellite Monitor Duty
                    • May 31, 2007

Hey. Been away for awhile. Adopting kids...
                    Anyway, I'm binge-watching NCIS on Netflix. I remember there was a Waltons figure set, Happy Days and Starsky and Hutch. Maybe not all Mego, but...
                    Here's my question: What would Mego do? Was Mego unique to sci-fi like Star Trek and Planet of the Apes Universal Monsters and super-heroes - I think I remember Star Wars was a make or break deal for Mego...Would they have tried to get in on a #1 show like NCIS? The flip-side is: would NCIS have partnered with Mego? The show does very little promotional tie-in. There's no comic books or paperback novels.
                    Yeah, I'm a diehard fan of the show. I'm just curious if a show with peeps in suits would be a thing...?
                    Shameless self-promotion -
                    Earth-Dave
                    KROC-FM
                    Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
                    "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

• Timothy2251
                      Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                      • Mar 15, 2008

Mego gave us Dukes of Hazzard, the Waltons, even freakin' Love Boat figures. NCIS and it's spin-offs would've been on its radar if the company was still around. Most of the characters carry firearms (there's at least 1 shootout per episode), there's usually a terrorist causing problems, so a "cops & robbers" play theme is evident.

In all honesty, though, a figure of Abby alone should generate a decent amount of sales from fans. Throw in extra Goth outfits for her to change into (sold separately - collect 'em all!), and BOOM! Dinah Mite's back, but much smarter and much cooler!
                      "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

Abby? Uh.....no. Just....no. Not a favorite of mine, sorry.

Now Ziva I can understand. She's a strong woman, even if some of her vernacular English is flawed, and HAS flaws in her character.

But I don't know if there is much call for NCIS Megos. I could be wrong though.

I suppose that as long as the sculpts were right, and the heads weren't HUMONGOUS (FTC, this means YOU!), and the tailoring of the clothing was right, THEN there would be a market for it.
                        JediJaida

Comment

• aceclone
                          • Sep 3, 2013

I LOVE the show but I don't think the demographic that watches the show would want figures (at least of the whole, main cast). The show is newer, so it doesn't have the "nostalgic" factor, like "Dukes of Hazard," so the 'Peter Pan-ers' would have no interest. The 'creepers' would love an Abbey figure, but I don't see the 'horny housewives' whipping out their credit cards for a Gibbs or Dinozzo doll. And aside from the poster who said his 12 year old loves the show, I don't see most kids begging Mom and Dad for a set of NCIS figures over say, a Kylo Ren figure.

Comment

• Capt Kirk
                            Museum Patron
                            • Jan 15, 2005

Just saw this thread- I'd happily buy NCIS figures in ReMego form.
                            AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                              Career Member
                              • Dec 21, 2009

Originally posted by Timothy2251
                              Same here, thunderbolt, but I do love this show. My wife got me hooked into it, as well as NCIS Los Angeles (hey, that show has LL Cool J, and who doesn't love them some LL?)

Abby definitely screams for the EMCE treatment - a Goth schoolgir outfit, big shoes, rooted hair pigtails (!) and a lab coat, plus tattoos! And she needs Bert, the farting hippo, or a Big Gulp drink of Caf Pow as an accessory! If we can get a Scott Ian, Abby should be a cakewalk!

EMCE/ Bif Bang Pow!/Spectre Toys/FearWerx will make a decent amount of bank on her alone.

We did well with our Abby bobble head, but had road blocks when we attempted to make other characters. And that's really the issue. We sometimes use bobble heads to test the waters on a license - to determine market popularity, licensor approval process, character likeness issues and character availability. We wanted to make additional characters and see if the popularity was there, but since we could not make more characters more from the licensor side, the idea of creating a whole line - including action figures - just stopped. But, every year is different and we can always try again.
                              Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                              bifbangpow.com
                              twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• Timothy2251
                                Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                                • Mar 15, 2008

Good to know, and thanks for trying with the license at least. Keep trying, though! Maybe 2016 or 2017 will be the year you strike gold with the NCIS license!
                                "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎