Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • batgirl
    Crime fighter
    • Mar 29, 2007

I love smallville, but over here we are only up to season 5 ...
    I was so tempted to read the other posts to find out what happens
    Although i have heard that Tom is signed for season 8. Micheal Rosenbaum absolutely makes the show, i love the sense of humour and the way he plays Lex, it would really suck to lose him. Plus he is very appealing....

Comment

• Daremo
      METALHEAD
      • Mar 24, 2005

Kristin Kreuk has it in her contract that she must appear in every episode. I fully expect to see her in the first episode of the next season.

The ratings for the season finale were bad, so I'd expect season 7 to be the end of it. They need to stop writing "filler" episodes, and stop with the corny 1940's flashback type shows. There's not much left to do with Clark, except get him in the suit. I know it most likely won't happen, but I think it could draw in a lot more fans to see "Superman" again.

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

As much as I like what killing Lana would do to the show (allow Clark to move on to Metropolis, bring Lois to the forefront, push Lex completely over to the dark side, etc), I absolutely think she's in that truck. If she were dead, you could really launch Clark into the Superman part of his life.

I rather like this version of Bizarro Clark. I've always thought of Bizarro as a bit silly. He's almost like mentally challenged Supes.
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
          The Man of Many Voices
          • Aug 30, 2005

Smallville Season Finale

Except for the Justice League episode and the one with Lynda Carter as Chloe's mom, I really haven't watched Smallville since Jonathan Kent died. I just read that Annette O Toole would not return as Martha Kent. I was about to ask if she was also getting killed off, but one of the posters answered my question.

Did they really introduce Bizarro? Wow!! They've introduced Mr. Mxyztpltk, and Brainiac in human forms. Whose next disguised in human form? Darkseid?!
          All joking aside, I could actually see that happening. I still can't get over Bizarro Clark from what I've heard "Me Kent Clark. "Me hate Lang Lana."

Cheers.

Comment

• Hulk
            Mayor of Megoville
            • May 10, 2003

One of the reasons I like this show is how much they draw from the DC Universe and also honor those involved with the Superman heritage.

From the Superman movies, we have seen the actors who played Superman, Lois Lane, Lana Lang, and Zod all playing mostly significant characters in the show. Heck, they even gave Wonder Woman Lynda Carter a guest appearance this season.

And as far as DCU characters, besides the regulars, we've seen the Justice League (Aquaman, Flash, Green Arrow, Cyborg, Martian Manhunter) and 5 of Superman's biggest villians (Lex, Zod, Braniac, Bizarro and Myx), we've seen Supergirl/Kara-El (sorta), Dr. Hamilton, Perry White, Jimmy Olsen, Morgan Edge, Andrea Rojas, Sam and Lucy Lane, Krypto (I'm still waiting for Beppo, although with all of Lex's labs, I might have missed him), Maggie Sawyer, and I'm sure the list goes on. They even named a character after Geoff Johns, which I thought was a cool thing to do.

Some might bring up the same old complaint about how so many of these post-Clark becomes Superman characters can be in the show, but I think that misses the point. It draws from and honors the heritage of the comics and other incarnations to enrich this particular incarnation. So what if it doesn't fit with our perception of Superman history, DC does this every time a new writer picks up a pen in the comics. I've said it before, despite not always being specifically directed at our particular demographic, it is by far the most intelligent and well developed treatment of any major comic book character on TV, and probably the movies as well (considering most movies only have to tell a limited story for a couple of hours at a time). Nothing would please me more than letting Millar and Gough turn this show into a full blown version of Superman on TV.

Comment

• batgirl
              Crime fighter
              • Mar 29, 2007

Amen brother

Comment

• Mego Maverick
                • Apr 18, 2007

I agree. Even though Smallville is aimed more at a Teen like audience, it is their attention to the DC Univerese and Superman Movie/TV lore, that keeps us Comic Geeks interested.

I too would love to see it go past next season but I really don't think that is possible without changing the dynamics of the show. There is really only so much more than can be done before he suits up. If they try to stretch it out too far, it could completely undermine the integrity of the series. IMO they have not had a "jump the shark" moment yet. But if the story doesn't progress to the next level soon, they very well could. Who Knows maybe Ted McGinley could guest star.

Comment

• ozcollector1992
                  Longtime Oz Collector
                  • Oct 13, 2006

Season

I think that was a great ending
                  now all they have to do next season is get lois to replace chloe at the daily planet and get clark to work there to. Lex is in jail and bizzaro is already made. also they have to kill of lionel and bring lana back up alive.
                  as for the finnaly, i felt it was a perfect way to end it: chloe dead, clarks doupleganger, Lex in jail, and lana's fake "death"

Best show Ever
                  Sean
                  Last edited by ozcollector1992; Jun 8, '07, 7:38 AM.
                  Your powers on Earth may seem extraordinary, Kal-El, but we are not gods. - Jor-El (Smallville Season 5)

Comment

• ozcollector1992
                    Longtime Oz Collector
                    • Oct 13, 2006

Final Clip

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Here is the final 6 minutes of the season finale
                    Shows how bizzaro is formed
                    Last edited by ozcollector1992; Jun 8, '07, 7:38 AM.
                    Your powers on Earth may seem extraordinary, Kal-El, but we are not gods. - Jor-El (Smallville Season 5)

Comment

• Brue
                      User without title
                      • Sep 29, 2005

This show sucks.

Just kidding. I watch it weekly. I love the way they have reinvented the character while still staying within reasonab;e bounds of past tellings of his origin. I love the way they have taken his costumed world and given it plasuability.

I loved Lana in season one - so sweet. Subsequent seasons have demonstrated the lack of understanding of an 18 year old and highlighted kreuk's limited acting ability. We could only hope she was dead. I am sure this is in vain.

I can live with or without Cloe - I think it is irresonsible of the writers to never mention Pete or at least give Clark a friend that is a guy.

I'd love to see a 2 hour finale where the final shot is similar to the first shot of Reeve in the costume. Then end it before it goes astray.

Comment

• johnmiic
                        Adrift
                        • Sep 6, 2002

Hey folks!

I am not a regular viewer of Smallville, and I'll leave it at that, ( I am not here to pooh on an enjoyable thread, in stark contrast to what is going on over in the Doctor Who threads, lol ). So could someone tell me how was Johnathan Kent killed off in the show? Was Martha written out or did they sort'a leave it up to the viewer because it would be obvious anyway?

Comment

• The Sentry
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 3, 2007

Originally posted by ozcollector1992
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=tVSVyuQDvVg

Here is the final 6 minutes of the season finale
                          Shows how bizzaro is formed
                          Now Bizarro's my man! I love me some sdrawkcab namrepuS

(backwards Superman)
                          sigpic
                          http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                          [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎