X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

GI Joe collection for sale

My Pal Jesus sent me an email full of pics of incredible 300 figure plus G.I. Joe collection and mentioned to me that it's for sale. He has Joes from all over the world, Italy, Canada, Spain and most of all, Mexican Lili Ledy Joes which are different from US versions.

I've had dozens of dealings with Jesus over the years and can vouch for him as an honest and dependable trader, he'd be in my top ten.

If anyone is interested, get in touch with me and I can forward yout info on and if you have a collection you want to showcase here, let me know. It doesn't have to be toys, it can be anything 70's related and it doesn't have to be for sale. I'd like to do a "Cool collections" week someday.
    Visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Is he selling it as a lot or piecemeal?
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I think ideally, he'd like to sell it as a lot but I don't know if that'll happened.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

Holy crap that's a lot of Joes,I don't even wanna ask what the price is
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Cool pics, that's quite a collection of Joes and other 12" figures. It's too bad that he feels the need to sell it all (for whatever reason). It's always sad to see such an extensive collection leave a collector.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

True but believe it or not, he has other collections that are equal in size, especially Big Jim.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

I'd like to see that, I'm assuming he has some of the Mexico only Cipsa Big Jim figures too? (some of those are very cool and unique figures)

Comment

• Bill
                Parminant Memble
                • Oct 20, 2002

That's an amazing collection.
                Not to hijack the thread, but do you think Joes are now on a downward slope as far as interest? The age of someone who had painted hair Joes has got to be getting up there at this point.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                  Alan Scott is the best GL
                  • Aug 8, 2007

Joe collector point

to toys2cool:
                  This is alot of joes but there is nothing fabluous here (except what looks like a Leddy Adventire team commander in the front) just alot of volume. This is the equivalent of 100 incomplete WSGH, Star trek, and apes in a mass lot. to the untrained eye it's a wow. but to a joe collector the reply would yeah so what. A dealer or customiser will probably buy it if the price is good but I doubt the seller would even break even. 15 years ago it was not uncommon to see an incomplete almost bald joe sell for 30-50 easily. I don't even think of what I spent on beater joes because there wasn't repros. If I had got into 12 inch joes 10 years later I probably would only have repros for common stuff.

to Bill
                  as a collector of both NO. The annual GIJOE collector convention is a big event in major cities each year (in 10 years I would expect the same of Megomeet)
                  The simple fact hasbro still markets repro joes in the mass retail market is a sign of how strong the line still is, and the collectors club creates brand new 12" joes each year at a cost of 200-300 each and they sell (but seldom sell out). of course to get to that point we had 10 years of straight repros in new style packaging (timeless collection) or club repros in vintage packages (adventure team like hasbro sells at walmart now) before the rarer joes were reproduced (75 adventure teams and the 69 cadets) and we only ever got 1 "new" figure at retail (the Merchant marine dress timeless from FAO SCHARTZ). I think the abundance of repros has hurt sales of junk lots and incomplete figures but rare items usually draw good prices.

The simpe fact a father or grandfather can go to walmart and buy a Joe for a child just like he had for 10-20 bucks is something that emce's venture really is shooting for. That kind of manufacturing leads to brand loyalty no amount of advertising can buy.

Comment

• toys2cool
                    Ultimate Mego Warrior
                    • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by jds1911a1
                    to toys2cool:
                    This is alot of joes but there is nothing fabluous here (except what looks like a Leddy Adventire team commander in the front) just alot of volume. This is the equivalent of 100 incomplete WSGH, Star trek, and apes in a mass lot. to the untrained eye it's a wow. but to a joe collector the reply would yeah so what. A dealer or customiser will probably buy it if the price is good but I doubt the seller would even break even. 15 years ago it was not uncommon to see an incomplete almost bald joe sell for 30-50 easily. I don't even think of what I spent on beater joes because there wasn't repros. If I had got into 12 inch joes 10 years later I probably would only have repros for common stuff.

to Bill
                    as a collector of both NO. The annual GIJOE collector convention is a big event in major cities each year (in 10 years I would expect the same of Megomeet)
                    The simple fact hasbro still markets repro joes in the mass retail market is a sign of how strong the line still is, and the collectors club creates brand new 12" joes each year at a cost of 200-300 each and they sell (but seldom sell out). of course to get to that point we had 10 years of straight repros in new style packaging (timeless collection) or club repros in vintage packages (adventure team like hasbro sells at walmart now) before the rarer joes were reproduced (75 adventure teams and the 69 cadets) and we only ever got 1 "new" figure at retail (the Merchant marine dress timeless from FAO SCHARTZ). I think the abundance of repros has hurt sales of junk lots and incomplete figures but rare items usually draw good prices.

The simpe fact a father or grandfather can go to walmart and buy a Joe for a child just like he had for 10-20 bucks is something that emce's venture really is shooting for. That kind of manufacturing leads to brand loyalty no amount of advertising can buy.
                    actually i use to collect these joes about 2 years ago,and I had pretty much all the rare items you can imagine,including 4 boxed deluxe SOTW figures,tan and green MP's and even the green field radio which I sold for $1500 alone,I know there's nothing to valuable in there,but to see 300+ joes in one lot it's still amazing,but I understand what you mean though
                    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• HardyGirl
                      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                      • Apr 3, 2007

WOW! That's sone collection. I noticed the Karate Men. I remember my cousins had those. We would play w/ those and Rock'Em Sock'Em Robots all the time.
                      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Man of Action
                        Persistent Member
                        • Oct 26, 2006

My, My ..lookie at all those Fuzzy heads...you gotta love em..nice to see so many in one shot...looks like De Simone's basement...how much for the whole lot??? thats gonna be a big crate!!!

Comment

• Sweep Secondhand
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • May 18, 2007

I think the really nice thing here is that this is obviously someone's personal collection and it's always cool to see what someone has put together based on their preferences. It always amazes me on eBay when some seller claims to have a "collection" for sale and it's obvious they just threw a bunch of crap together. I also love the "box found in grandparent's attic" auctions where you can pick out the modern reproduction pieces just from the photos!
                          - Sweep

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎