• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GhostLord
    Comic strip artist
    • Oct 10, 2008

A Farewell Tribute to Twisted Toyfare Theatre

Hi all,

GhostLord here with a two page farewell tribute to the recently cancelled Twisted Toyfare Theatre. Constructive criticism is welcome.

Check out my tumblr.
    http://ghostcomics.tumblr.com
  • jimsmegos
    Mego Dork
    • Nov 9, 2008

Very nice. I would close with a third page that shows the book ending up on the windshield of Khan's ship ala bird poop. From here the book is retrieved, Khan reads, and from here a new series of adventures could begin. The first being Khan scouring the galaxy to find the now retired duo of Mego Spidey and Hulk...

And so begins the continuing missions of TTT The Next Generation.

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

Fantastic! I never heard of the Twisted Toyfaire Theatre until I came here to MM. But it was a fitting tribute. Good Job!
      Last edited by HardyGirl; Feb 11, '11, 12:58 PM.
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• mego73
        Printed paperboard Tiger
        • Aug 1, 2003

The question remains on how will TTT will be affected by the Genesis effect.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• GhostLord
          Comic strip artist
          • Oct 10, 2008

Originally posted by jimsmegos
          Very nice. I would close with a third page that shows the book ending up on the windshield of Khan's ship ala bird poop. From here the book is retrieved, Khan reads, and from here a new series of adventures could begin. The first being Khan scouring the galaxy to find the now retired duo of Mego Spidey and Hulk...

And so begins the continuing missions of TTT The Next Generation.
          I have thought of doing some kind of continuation to this tribute or some TTT styled comic strip of my own. Not sure when I'd make one if at all.

Originally posted by HardyGirl
          Fantastic! I never heard of the Twisted Toyfaire Theatre until I came here to MM. But it was a fitting tribute. Good Job!
          Thank you for the compliments.

Originally posted by mego73
          The question remains on how will TTT will be affected by the Genesis effect.
          Good question.
          Check out my tumblr.

Comment

• jimsmegos
            Mego Dork
            • Nov 9, 2008

GhostLord I think you should keep it up. I for one will keep making silly comic strips (and more) featuring Mego's and other toys because I enjoy the medium. Just because Toyfare is gone doesn't mean the form should go away.

It would be like only one person on the planet to ever use water colors and when they died no one else picked up a brush.

Plus, your good at it. Entertain brother, ENTERTAIN!

Comment

• GhostLord
              Comic strip artist
              • Oct 10, 2008

Originally posted by jimsmegos
              GhostLord I think you should keep it up. I for one will keep making silly comic strips (and more) featuring Mego's and other toys because I enjoy the medium. Just because Toyfare is gone doesn't mean the form should go away.

It would be like only one person on the planet to ever use water colors and when they died no one else picked up a brush.

Plus, your good at it. Entertain brother, ENTERTAIN!
              Oh don't worry I have been making comics featuring Megos and other toys long before I had even heard of Toyfare. I have no intention of stopping now that Toyfare is gone in fact I've never been more determined to make great comics now more than ever in order to keep the medium going. It's just that my comics tend to focus on one toyline, franchise or set of characters where as TTT focused on all sorts of different toylines, franchises and characters. That is the biggest difference between my comic and TTT. However with Toyfare gone I am considering doing a comic that features all of my Megos and doesn't focus on one particular franchise. I've just got to find a way to make it unique and not like an exact copy of Twisted Toyfare Theatre. Thanks for the input.
              Check out my tumblr.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Let's see more.

Comment

• GhostLord
                  Comic strip artist
                  • Oct 10, 2008

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                  Let's see more.
                  Check out my latest thread "Retro Hour" to see more.
                  Check out my tumblr.

Comment

• JohnySteel
                    • May 24, 2011

Goodbye Twisted Toyfare!

If we ever see you again,it will leave a mark in Mego history!(Let's hope that we may someday see their humor once again)

Comment

• MEGO_SUPERMAN
                      Say No To Kryptonite!
                      • May 9, 2011

Awesome stuff! I think the 3rd Page should show the book landing in the mailbox of Spidey. Then show him on the crapper reading it. Man I still cant believe ToyFare is dead. What a BUMmer! TTT was pretty damn cool. I knew a bunch of the guys at TTT and they were good peeps.

So as I was writing this I recalled I had a buddy of mine (at the time) send me a high res picture of a great full page spread from a TTT. It was AWESOME. So my gift to you guys and a great farewell to TTT is that picture.

Hopefully I put this in right!

You can find the original full size version in the gallery HERE: http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/file...0_original.jpg

Last edited by MEGO_SUPERMAN; May 24, '11, 8:41 PM. Reason: Added Link
                      Truth, Justice and Megos THAT is the American Way!

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan! - Ron Burgundy KVWN Channel 4 News Team

A picture is worth a thousand words. A Chuck Norris is worth 1 billion words. - Chuck Norris

You know what? I can already tell that I don't like you. And I'm probably not gonna like you no matter how many pull-ups or push-ups you do. All right, anybody who wants to pick on anybody in class, aim for him, 'cause I'm not watchin'. -Kenny Powers

Comment

• megokissface
                        • Nov 26, 2012

Why was Toyfare magazine cancelled? Why couldnt they cancel MTV,Vh1,Jersey Shore,ALL reality tv shows instead???
                        I love the nightlife..I love to boogie:googly:

Comment

• chazb
                          • Sep 10, 2014

It really was funny as heck

Comment

• SentientApe
                            Career Member
                            • May 1, 2014

I still have a stack of old issues of Toyfare magazine and pull them out every one in awhile to mourn over this tragic loss of actual quality entertainment.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                              galactic yo-yo
                              • Apr 6, 2006

Them folding was due to half of their staff leaving to do Robot Chicken. After that happened,it seemed the quality went downhill.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎