Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what classic toy line would you like to reissued?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasonmego1277
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 9, 2008

what classic toy line would you like to reissued?

If you could choose one classic toy line to have reissued or redone what would it be? So many choices .......LOL..... can't wait to see what you guys come up with......
    In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142
  • SUP-Ronin
    Stuck in a laundry shoot.
    • Oct 8, 2007

The fact that I had or wanted a particular toy line as a kid is really what makes them special for me. I don't get as excited about reissues because they can't be as cool as vintage stuff. But, that doesn't mean my imagination is dead, or I suppose I wouldn't make custom figures. I love the fact that Mego style figures that I always wanted back in the day are being released now - Flash, Green Lantern especially, and the Baddys of course.

Edit - Now that I think about it, I'd love to see an 8" Warriors of History line. Like a Spartan, a Samurai, an Aztec dude, A Hun, A Mohican, A Gladiator, US Civil War - N and S., and A Red Coat/Blue Coat Revolutionary set or something. To sort of go along with the Knights, Pirates, and Wild West Figs.
    Last edited by SUP-Ronin; Feb 8, '11, 6:56 PM.
    "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• TrueDave
      Toy Maker
      • Jan 12, 2008

"Edit - Now that I think about it, I'd love to see an 8" Warriors of History line. Like a Spartan, a Samurai, an Aztec dude, A Hun, A Mohican, A Gladiator, US Civil War - N and S., and A Red Coat/Blue Coat Revolutionary set or something. To sort of go along with the Knights, Pirates, and Wild West Figs."
      Yeah , me too. I love history .

Probably my #1 reissued line would be GI Joe Adventure Team. I didnt have them as a kid and don't want to pay top dollar for vintage.
      Food fighters.
      Bone Brigade. ( I wrote them a letter saying how much i loved em and they wrote back promising Knights were coming . .never did)

I would like to see Suckerman , Stretch Monster, and maybe by now they could make Mangloids that work !

I'd love to have the Action Force figures from England.

Wave 1 and 2 of A Real American Hero in 12" scale. Comic style.

Vintage Captain Action, the Acessory kits like the Survival Vest.

Kaaarrrate! Men by Aurora

A bunch of great 1950s and 1960s Marx toys. CHEAP ! Like Steve Canyons Jet fighter cockpit. And the guns :Johnny 7 One Man Army !!!

Kenner made a cool gun that shot around corners but I can't remeber the name of it.

I'l think about it more.

Comment

• Jason73
        Correctamundo!
        • Jan 11, 2009

Stretch Armstrong is easily my number 1 choice. I'm really hoping that along with the movie next year, Hasbro decides to rerelease the original mold.
        Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• BOTZWANA
          spam
          • May 28, 2009

I always say this as my answer. I would like a Dungeons and Dragon line. Fully articulatd 6 inch with build a figure Umber Hulk. Wave 2 is build a figure Purple Worm.

Comment

• mego73
            Printed paperboard Tiger
            • Aug 1, 2003

Kenner bionic toys.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• Iron Mego
              Wake Up Heavy
              • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by Jason73
              Stretch Armstrong is easily my number 1 choice. I'm really hoping that along with the movie next year, Hasbro decides to rerelease the original mold.
              I'd buy one. I wanted one so bad as a kid, and the deal was if I scored a goal in soccer I could get one. I did, but was called off-side (a bad call, btw). My folks felt I was robbed, so they decided I should still be able to get one. Of course it was such a hot item all they could find was the damn stretch monster. I was disappointed, and never did get SA.
              Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• torgospizza
                Theocrat of Pan Tang
                • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by mego73
                Kenner bionic toys.
                I'd go with this, but I'd like to see Sideshow-level sculpts and actual 1/6 scale figures.

Comment

• captact
                  King of Super Queens!
                  • Aug 19, 2007

Accurate reissue of the Colorform Aliens, poseable rubber, same size and all as the originals, and not smaller plastic versions......!

Comment

• starsky
                    veteran member
                    • Aug 26, 2007

six million dollar man!

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 1, 2005

Fisher Price Adventure People. And not new updated versions with chunkier bodies or anything, I'd want an exact re-released version of the original toys from the 1970s/early 1980s. Aside from that I'd say maybe the Mattel version of the 24" Shogun Warriors. I think they were redone later in Japan but only got one shot here in the U.S. Call me crazy but I think, even with the limited poseability, these would still do well with kids today.

Comment

• Chris
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 23, 2009

Big Jim.

The 6 Million Dollar man is a great suggestion.
                        If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

I had to do a lot of thinking on this one. If I were in the business of making action figures, and wanted to bring back a classic line that would be profitable, I think the most likely choice would be the Six Million Dollar Man. I think an 8 inch version would be a huge hit across the board with any age group. So many diverse characters, all of whom would be considered "must haves". I think I would do Steve Austin and the Bionic Woman together. And then start doing villains. Bigfoot and the Fe-bot (for Jamie Summers). Then bring in Oscar Goldman and Rudy Wells. You could have the Seven Million Dollar Man after that and another version of Maskatron. So much there to work with that would be desirable. I'm hoping we see that at the Toy Fair next week. The iron is hot right now to make serious money on this license with the box set release and Lee Majors hitting the promotional trail.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                            Moderation Engineer
                            • Aug 14, 2003

I'd love SMDM or Shogun Warriors 24"

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                              To Fear is Not Logical...
                              • Feb 17, 2008

Fisher Price Adventure People. And not new updated versions with chunkier bodies or anything, I'd want an exact re-released version of the original toys from the 1970s/early 1980s.
                              I totally agree on this one. What appealed to me as a kid was that they looked rather realistic. They did not look like the "little people" or "weebles" nor were superheroes. They were action figures of everyday lives. I would use them as they were on the box or on more creative days as civilians with my CAH or even as extra characters with the Battlestar Galactica figures to round out the crew.
                              It's all good!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎