X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

What horror anthology movie was this ?

I remember 2 different short stories.......
    Question.
    Were they both from the same movie and if not, what movies did they come from ?

Joan Collins kills her hubby on Christmas and is being stalked by an escaped mental patient dressed as Santa.

Note sure about this one ......
    Woman wishes for a lot of money .....
    Her hubby dies so she get's her wish .......
    She changes her mind and wishes him back alive ......
    Problem is, he's already embalmed so now he's in eternal pain forever.

What movie-- or movies were these from ?

m
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

It's not the Tales From The Crypt movie is it? I seem to recall that having Joan Collins in it.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

I'm not sure....

m

Comment

• Bill
        Parminant Memble
        • Oct 20, 2002

The Christmas story is on the Tales from the Crypt Zemeckis collection. It's also in the Season One set for a few bucks more. Both should be cheap by now.

From an Amazon review...

The first story, "And All Through the House," is definitely the scariest of the three. It's about a disgruntled wife who murders her husband on Christmas Eve, only to have a madman dressed in Santa garb show up to deliver her just deserts. It is a particulary frightening morality play not only because it warns that "what goes around, comes around"; it also makes a multi-faceted statement about innocence and youth, as it is the murderous woman's little daughter who ultimately lets "Santa" into the house. Larry Drake delivers a delectably deranged performance as the insane Saint Nick. (This has proven to be one of the most enduring stories from the original E.C. Comics series, as it was also previously dramatized in 1972 as one portion of an excellent five-part British flick entitled TALES FROM THE CRYPT. In that version, Joan Collins--DYNASTY's Alexis Carrington Colby--played the part of the homicidal wife.)

Oops, looks like you want the original Tales from the Crypt movie.
        Last edited by Bill; Nov 1, '07, 4:09 PM. Reason: I'm a dummy

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah that's the first Amicus Tales from the Crypt movie, the "Monkey's Paw" story is on there as well.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Thanks Brain,
            It's now on my list of gotta gets.
            I wasn't sure if they were both in the same movie.

Comment

• MegoNinja
              Career Member
              • Feb 7, 2007

I havent seen those in a while actually, my brother used to have a big poster of the mental patient Santa Claus in his bedroom.
              I the Monster Hero

Comment

• lepage
                The Ape General
                • Aug 12, 2001

they just released a 2 movie set of that first tales from the crypt and the vault of horror which was also an EC comic. That X-mas story was done both in the classic tales from the crypt but was also done for the pilot episode for the new tales from the crypt. In fact, Larry Drake (Dr. Giggles) was the escaped insane asylum inmate dressed as Santa in the new pilot.
                I love TFTC. I have every season released to date on dvd (season 7 just released) and I love the comics. Tales from the crypt has just been revived in comic form by papercutz which if you hurry, you can still pick up #1 and #2 for fairly cheap even though they sold out on thier 25,000 copy run. There is also the papercutz "Ghouls gone wild" #1 which will be the next run. They have also started releasing individual harback EC archives that cover every story done of TFTC. EC archive #1 covers 1-6 and HB #2 covers 7-12

I loves me some cryptkeeper!

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

^ I wasn't impressed by the new Papercutz "TFTC" series....seems like it was done by a bunch of "hacks" (and not in a good Crypt-Keeper tounge-in-cheek sense of the word!)
                  Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• lepage
                    The Ape General
                    • Aug 12, 2001

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                    ^ I wasn't impressed by the new Papercutz "TFTC" series....seems like it was done by a bunch of "hacks" (and not in a good Crypt-Keeper tounge-in-cheek sense of the word!)
                    I understand what your saying but for me, I am just glad there is something new TFTC related that I can get my grubby hands on.
                    It would be great if they started another HBO series with the Vault keeper or the old Witch.

Comment

• PCofmisfittoys
                      Banned
                      • Oct 17, 2007

as a side not ,,i loved the Night Gallery series....

Comment

• The Sentry
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 3, 2007

I liked the one about the wishes the end of that story still gives me the shivers!
                        sigpic
                        http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                        [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎