X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Typically, zombies are dead. Even reanimated they're still dead. Frankenstein's monster was MADE from dead guys, but he was alive. He's something different, usually referred to as an "animate." Golems, (and living snowmen) are considered animates too: they're alive. DIFFERENT life from what we know, but still alive. Ghouls are trickier, since they can be dead OR alive, depending on the continuity. (D&D ghouls are undead: souped-up zombies essentially. Lovecraft's ghouls were living things, possibly mutates since it was shows that a human could become one over time.) They always feed on the dead though.

Don C.

Comment

• AAAAA
      Permanent Member
      • Oct 28, 2005

Frankenstein's Monster(name Adam by the way)is alive he can perform at lest 6 out of the 7 functions of life.
      zombies don't

Comment

• TrueDave
        Toy Maker
        • Jan 12, 2008

Come on most of my friends dont perform the 7 functions of life ( Yes i remeber them from 9th grade science)

Contiuty: The only place I see ghouls over and over in my Geek Diet is EC comics and the Ghouls were always just cannibals. Live people.

I know "REAL" Zombies are Voodoo, but the improvement outstripped the original. The Romero Zombie is THE Zombie now. Slow Dead guys walking around are dull unless theyre walking around looking for living people to eat.

Frankenstien is alive. His heart beats. He has a mind.

Zombies are mindless. Golems seem to be also. Again I'm calling on my old comic exposure. The Jewish golem in a WW2 Weird War Tales story etc. Mindless clay .

Frosty the snowman is a Golem?

Now I know why I dont hang out at bars for decent conversation. Normal people out there have nothing interesting to say.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎