Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Save Lost Megos: The latest info....SDCC Exclusive??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BifBangPow! JLabs
    Career Member
    • Dec 21, 2009

Originally posted by Meule
    What's with all these licenses ending? First we had Flash Gordon: 2 figures and wham, that's it, end of license, no more figures. And now the same with Lost: 2 waves (if we're lucky) and done. Can't these licenses be renewed or is that too expensive? How does that work exactly?
    Great questions. It's very hard to address strategic and often confidential business issues on these forums, however. Yes, both licenses can in theory be renewed. As you can see with the recent announcement of Doctor Who, we are focusing on new licenses that appeal to us, our fans, as well as our bottom line. We only have limited resources, so we must carefully pick and select what we work on and focus on.
    Co-founder, BifBangPow!
    bifbangpow.com
    twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

thanks for the info BBP....and not to sound ungrateful for what you have done.....while I am really looking forward to the Dr. Who line (really, really) I also want to complete the Lost line....and I am sure others want to have more Flash Gordon and Twilight Zone....so if sales are still good, is this a possibility

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

It's really a difficult choice for Collector to make to support a line...not knowing if the line will continue. Collectors by nature are completists. And the "if no one pre-pays" the Figures won't get made" tactic seems almost like black mail(or at least pressuring your Customers).

I intend to buy Flash Gordon, but not Ming...because there is no Flash Gordon "Line"...just two Figures.
        sigpic

Comment

• megoscott
          Founding Partner
          • Nov 17, 2006

"Pre-order or the dog dies" isn't my favorite message to pass along either, I'm sure BBP would rather have a more positive spin on this.

It would be nice if it works out and we get a bonus character out of the deal.
          This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• MarkStalcup
            Chases Ambulances,Customs
            • Feb 6, 2008

The lack of more Flash Gordon figures - and knowing that - has kinda stalled my interest on buying the line. Whereas Buck Rogers, which I actually like less, has interested me just because I know they're going to get most of the figures I want to see.
            “As human beings we all want to be happy and free from misery… we have learned that the key to happiness is inner peace. The greatest obstacles to inner peace are disturbing emotions such as anger, attachment, fear and suspicion, while love and compassion and a sense of universal responsibility are the sources of peace and happiness.” - The Dalai Lama

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

the Buck rogers line is awesome and the attention to detail unsurpassed for this scale. but the price wlll keep some people back. myself included. not because I don't want them but because of budget restraints.
              the Lost figures, even if we only get the 12, are awesome. I just hope BBP renews the license and does another dozen or so. we need Jin and Sun, Desmond and Charlie, Ethan and Mikael(spelling?), Echo and Anna Lucia, Michael and Charles Whidmore...to say the least

Comment

• megoscott
                Founding Partner
                • Nov 17, 2006

This seems to be about timing more than anything else. If Wave 1 is doing well this next one should do even better. The characters are almost all winners, there's no odd costume choices in the bunch, and the likenesses are even stronger. For all of Kate's flaws you can't tell me Juliet doesn't look great. I think the Jack is very strong, as is Sayid. Sawyer and Miles are going to be fine and while Claire is the weak link she may surprise us and the Crazy Claire customs will be a blast to put together.

We waited forever to see if Wave 1 was going to be any good--the prototypes bugged people and the production problems were worrisome, then they show up and people are overall pretty happy with them. I know the next batch will be even better and would eventually move.
                Last edited by megoscott; Feb 4, '11, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• starsky
                  veteran member
                  • Aug 26, 2007

too bad the figures didnt come out when the show was still airing!!

Comment

• megoscott
                    Founding Partner
                    • Nov 17, 2006

ya think?

Comment

• megoscott
                      Founding Partner
                      • Nov 17, 2006

Why isn't the Bigbangpow stuff, figures or bobbleheads carried on the ABC website? They have a store on the Official Lost facebook page and nothing there either.

Comment

• LovethoseMegos
                        Lover of Megos
                        • Jan 3, 2010

I guess I'll pre order. Sucks they didn't start with Jack. I already planned to get Locke but with no Jack, epic fail!

Comment

• tllgn
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 6, 2010

bif bang pow is doing a fantastic job,i am on it ill place my order for the next wave.however i dont mind if we move on to something else,as long as we get more retro-megos.hey do land of the giants,lost in space,the time tunnel,voyage to the bottom of the sea.and the ivaders,classic battlestar,and bring on the apes and continue where emce left off ,i know but what the heck,dont hurt to request.thank you

Comment

• megoscott
                            Founding Partner
                            • Nov 17, 2006

Comment

• rche
                              channeling Bob Wills
                              • Mar 26, 2008

hahahahaha
                              awesome Scott! Did you get anything definitive on a wishlist for a SDCC exclusive?

Comment

• megoscott
                                Founding Partner
                                • Nov 17, 2006

Not really, kind of focusing on the March Wave 2 deadline right now. SDCC is moot if Wave 2 doesn't fly.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎