Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Save Lost Megos: The latest info....SDCC Exclusive??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoscott
    Founding Partner
    • Nov 17, 2006

Save Lost Megos: The latest info....SDCC Exclusive??

Here's the latest on the Lost figures from BifBangPow.

I got to speak with Jason Labowitz, co-owner of BifBangPow yesterday to get the latest news on the status of the Lost action figures.

The Good News: Sales of Wave 1 have been better than they expected. They will eventually sell out and will not be discounted, so act now on Locke/Hugo and Ben/Kate .

The Bad News: Wave 2 is still in danger of being cancelled. BBP says that if they don't get enough pre-sales by March 1 they won't be able to start production on Wave 2 in time for a July delivery. Their Lost merchandising license expires in July and they can't run the risk of not being able to sell what they make, they need to be confident that the sales will be there.

I almost never do pre-orders---most of us don't---but this is a special circumstance. This line has had it's share of delays and set-backs that has pushed it to this point. It's up to us Lost Mego fans to make our intentions known. If you think you want these figures now is the time to say so.

Place a pre-order, your credit card won't be charged until the figures ship so you have nothing to lose. Here's the links:

Jack/Sayid
    Miles and Claire
    Sawyer and Juliet

This profile is no longer active.
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

So if their license expires in July and Wave 2 would be delivered by July does that mean just 2 waves of figures?
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

I have my pre-order in. I hope they get enough orders. If people are on the fence, they should pre-order now. You could always change your mind before they ship.
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• megoscott
        Founding Partner
        • Nov 17, 2006

Originally posted by The Toyroom
        So if their license expires in July and Wave 2 would be delivered by July does that mean just 2 waves of figures?
        Unfortunately, yes. We'll have to solve the Desmond problem some other way.

Given the realities of the situation, I'd be more than happy with 12. No Jack/Sayid/Sawyer would be sad.

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by MegoScott
          Unfortunately, yes. We'll have to solve the Desmond problem some other way.
          I was unaware of a Desmond problem I was thinking more along the lines of a Charlie connundrum. "You all ev'rybody!"

And I wish they had chosen a character other than Claire and her belly bump....for chicks I'd prefer a Rosseau. But I'd really like to have seen a Jin, Eko, Charlie, Desmond and a bunch more before Claire....

Comment

• megoscott
            Founding Partner
            • Nov 17, 2006

Dude, don't get me started.

A Desmond/Charlie 2 pack would have been a nice Comic-Con exclusive. I can live without everyone else.
            Last edited by megoscott; Feb 1, '11, 7:51 PM.

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

Yeah Charlie and Des would have been an awesome 2-pack. Charlie was always one of my favorite Losties and he had one of, if not THE best death scene.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

I have been meaning to get my pre-order in anyway...just have not gotten around to it. I will do so

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

I placed a pre-order, to show my support for these figures. I love Megos and I love Lost, and Wave 1 definitely has an indescribable charm. But I'm very disappointed to hear that there are no plans to go beyond Wave 2. I'm hoping BBP will reconsider that decision and renew the license. There are so many more figures to make.

Comment

• RG
                    Removed.
                    • Oct 1, 2004

man that sucks, so many figures that could be made. To be honest, I haven't bought any, for fear that something like this might happen. I don't want to spend money on a couple figures only to have some key ones not get made. If only they could have made them before the show ended. I know I didn't help sales, but at the same time money's tight and I'm picky. If they had started out with figures from season one then season two etc. and so on I might have been more willing to buy. but the selection of figures as one from here and the other from there etc. didn't give me a feel of a set and that was a turn off for me.

Comment

• megoscott
                      Founding Partner
                      • Nov 17, 2006

Well, I guess I can understand that, but there's still some great figures in this line, especially Wave2. Honestly, getting 12 Lost figures a year after the show ended would be pretty remarkable, so I can't mourn what might have been.

It's pretty ironic to hear "I'm sad they aren't making more figures" in the same breath as "I won't be getting any". Oy vey.
                      Last edited by megoscott; Feb 2, '11, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                        Career Member
                        • Dec 21, 2009

We'll consider Desmond/Charlie for SDCC... :-) We can change our minds if there is enough quick / fast interest.
                        Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                        bifbangpow.com
                        twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• rche
                          channeling Bob Wills
                          • Mar 26, 2008

if there is enough time, perhaps you could host a "Who do you want to see most in the Lost line for SDCC" poll. You have a captive mego audience here, and Scott could host or link the poll to his Island of Lost Mego blog. That covers quite a bit of the folks who have interest in this line.

Just a thought.

Comment

• megoscott
                            Founding Partner
                            • Nov 17, 2006

Wow. That's huge. I'll spread the word!

Comment

• RobPerrin
                              • Feb 16, 2010

I was just working on my Wave 3 wishlist this morning!

First cut puts Des, Charlie, Daniel, Dogen, Eko, and Mikhail on top.
                              Alternates include Danielle, Keamy, Ethan, Ilana.
                              Maybe a Walt / Mr. Friendly 2-pack?
                              And of course Frogurt!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎