Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheeling Super 8 - Up and Ready for Reservations!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by MIB41
    It's about time I met my buds. I do wish everyone would include their forum name on a badge, so I could make associations quickly. I'm thinking about making a shirt.
    ChrisDVM makes the badges we wear for the meet each year. This year we plan to include your real name and your museum id on it. There should be a place to list it when registration for the show opens.

I still don't know 70% of peoples real names here.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Type3Toys
      Home Of The Type3 Body
      • Jan 18, 2005

It would be cool to have both names on the badge, if it is not too much trouble.
      Kind of: Type3Toys, then John Farley right below that.
      LOOK
      Action Figure Design & Prototypes
      For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
      To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• mego maniac mark
        Career Member
        • Aug 3, 2010

I have booked my room for my first mego meet. i am very excited to attend this years meet!
        Can anyone tell me if there would be an exclusive figure available, and how to obtain one?
        Also, if there are any good bars/resturaunts near the hotel.

Thanks to all,

Mark
        mego's befo ho's

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Type3Toys
          It would be cool to have both names on the badge, if it is not too much trouble.
          Kind of: Type3Toys, then John Farley right below that.
          That's a great idea! Seeing the forum name allows you to make a quick association, then you can lead in from a more personal point of view using their actual name.

Comment

• noelani72
            27inaleon
            • Jun 25, 2002

not real sure what's going on here...but I had this 'feeling' today....

I went to Super8 online, ran my confirmation number...yup, no dice.

Tried under my name and Chris Johnson...no dice.

I call em up, and they had no idea about my confirmation number.
            She said she had 20 rooms under Chris Johnson, but none started with 665.
            She took one of the rooms off his plate, tied my own name too it, still get the discount, and I got a new confirmation number to cover my butt.

I hate to make you guys paranoid...buuuut might double check yo stuff. June was pretty frazzled the day I made my reservation; nice and polite, but pretty unsure of what she was doing. I don't wanna drive 8 hours and not have a room.

Comment

• Brue
              User without title
              • Sep 29, 2005

I always feel like i am missing out on band camp not staying at the hotel. i plan to stop by the suite thus year but as always i will be staying with a close friend in wheeling.

Comment

• johnmiic
                Adrift
                • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by ScottA
                ChrisDVM makes the badges we wear for the meet each year. This year we plan to include your real name and your museum id on it. There should be a place to list it when registration for the show opens.
                If you pre-register at the Mego Meet site I think a badge will be printed for you.
                If you just pay at the door I think you get a blank badge and you fill it in yourself. I don't want to discourage anyone from pre-registering. I would rather pay at the door myself. Previous years my name seemed to turn out different. In 2009 my badge said I was Shaun Michaels, (my real name is John Michals), and trust me; the typo didn't get me any better service at the McDonalds. Oh, and wait till you try and get service at the local eateries! You will go home with stories to tell.

Comment

• almitysufx
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 27, 2004

Well, it was time to "sit or get off the pot" (boy the difference one letter makes). Registered today and reserved a room at the 8. Laura and I will be there sometime Thursday afternoon. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎