Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any love for the 1980's Britains Space toys?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acrovader
    Career Member
    • Jan 19, 2011

Any love for the 1980's Britains Space toys?

The Britains Space Toys Page

About ten years ago, I bought tons of these from sellers in the UK, for pennies on the dollar.

I suppose they own a little to the Micronauts, as far as interchangeability goes.

The figures don't have much in the way of articulation, but the toys are cool in their own way.

The 'Mutants' and 'Cyborgs' are my favorite, although the paint is more like make-up, and is gooey, smelly, and gets all over everything. Muton and Master is awesome, along with the 'Cylon' style red/black bad guys.
    I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I had maybe one of those but I used to admire them at the hobby shop all the time, where they were kept under glass.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
      MeGoing
      • May 14, 2003

I have never seen them before but I like them.

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

Neat. Definitely have that Micronaut vibe.
        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
          Pat Troughton in disguise
          • Nov 21, 2007

OMG....I loved these....but could never remember the name so thanks for the heads up acrovader.
          There was a shop on the way home from school where you could buy the small figures singularly and I used to walk home every day from school and use my saved bus fares to buy these little guys...only ever had one of the vehicles but remember that you could pull it apart and put it back together in a combination of designs....and LOVED the little space helmets on those guys....The space suits in ST: The Motion Picture used to remind me of these....
          ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• ctc
            Fear the monkeybat!
            • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I loved these! Got TONS one summer when on vacation, and amassed a bunch when I got back. The ships had all sorts of neat features, and the alien guys were cool.

Don C.

Comment

• mazinz
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 2, 2007

an old elementary school friend of mine used to take trips to England and he brought some of this stuff back. I thought though the ones he had were green and yellow? I recall the ufo one as the cockpit was encased in (assuming) water so that no matter if you turned the ship upside down or not the cockpit on the inside with the drivers would always face up
              "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Never seen those before. They're really cool.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ctc
                  Fear the monkeybat!
                  • Aug 16, 2001

>I thought though the ones he had were green and yellow?

The first run space ones had astronauts in yellow suits, and aliens with red heads and black suits. Most of the vehicles were black and green.

Don C.

Comment

• MLoudin
                    Possessed by Megos
                    • Sep 13, 2007

This is the first I have seen of them... and now I want them

Comment

• mightyquinn
                      Proud to be a Nerd
                      • Aug 4, 2009

Never saw those either, but they are cool. Need to start looking, thanks.
                      Wanted: Lincoln Dracula & Hunchback, AHI Male Creature, Remco Phantom, Ghost of Captain Kid, 8" Tomlands

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎