X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Logan's Run TV Series finally coming to DVD

It's a Warner Archive release which means it'll be harder for me to get but it's still great news:

Logan's Run DVD news: DVD Plans for Logan's Run | TVShowsOnDVD.com
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • megoapesnut
    The name says it all!
    • Dec 3, 2007

It will include the 3 unaired episodes. That's awesome. I'll be getting that on release day. Let me know if you need any help getting it, Brian.

Comment

• highquality
      #1 Super Guy
      • Jun 10, 2003

Well it's about damned time.

Great news. I remember being so frustrated as a kid when I missed it. The show must've jumped time slots or something.
      WorldMEGO: Where MEGOs Go! 24 Hours a Day

Comment

• megoapesnut
        The name says it all!
        • Dec 3, 2007

Yeah, it will be like watching a new series for me. I have very vague recollections of it, but I don't remember a single episode. Kinda like the POTA TV series. I remembered very little of them from childhood and was fascinated when I got to watch them after 20 years. I actually saw them before the DVD's were released. Sometime in the mid 80's or so, they ran 5 "movies" on TV. Each movie was three episodes slapped together. The cool thing was that, mixed in with the new commercials, were old commercials that originally aired when the show was on. I don't know if that was an accident or not. The one I remember clearly was the commercial for Ideal. "If you've gotta a passion for fashion, and you've got a craving for savings. Take the wheel of your automobile, and head on down to... Ideal".

Comment

• ironman1188
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 11, 2007

Great news indeed!!
          Bugler, sound the advance.

Comment

• Hotfoot
            Dazed and Confused
            • Dec 30, 2007

2 Thumbs Up!
            Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

I never seen the series.

One time in the early 90's a channel played it on weekend afternoons but I was usually out.

Comment

• kennermike
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 4, 2007

I got a real good bootleg that I got from Ebay about a year ago the 90 minute pilot and all 13 episodes. .Warner Archives is super expensive will hold on to my bootleg on this one. great show though,actually perfer it over the film in many ways
                Last edited by kennermike; Jan 14, '11, 2:54 PM.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                  To Fear is Not Logical...
                  • Feb 17, 2008

Must have for me too. I still remember the next week promo where their hovercar was trapped in a force field and the next week I sat down to watch and the local channel had played a hockey game instead.
                  It's all good!

Comment

• HardyGirl
                    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                    • Apr 3, 2007

I've only seen 1 or 2 eps of this series. I liked it. I'd watch more eps.
                    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by megoapesnut
                      It will include the 3 unaired episodes. That's awesome. I'll be getting that on release day. Let me know if you need any help getting it, Brian.
                      Thanks, I'm just going to use the Amazon route you pointed out earlier. I need this immediately.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• david_b
                        Never had enough toys..
                        • May 9, 2008

Originally posted by megoapesnut
                        Yeah, it will be like watching a new series for me. I have very vague recollections of it, but I don't remember a single episode. Kinda like the POTA TV series. I remembered very little of them from childhood and was fascinated when I got to watch them after 20 years. I actually saw them before the DVD's were released. Sometime in the mid 80's or so, they ran 5 "movies" on TV. Each movie was three episodes slapped together. The cool thing was that, mixed in with the new commercials, were old commercials that originally aired when the show was on. I don't know if that was an accident or not. The one I remember clearly was the commercial for Ideal. "If you've gotta a passion for fashion, and you've got a craving for savings. Take the wheel of your automobile, and head on down to... Ideal".
                        It was marginally entertaining as a 'stand-alone' show, not much relation to the movie, IMHO. The creative team did away with the sense of a romance between Logan and Jessica, moving them to a dull 'brother-sister' subplot ('course this was a decade before 'Cheers' and 'Moonlighting' keeping a romantic tension between the main characters..).

At least Heather Menzies tried to stay as sexy as network censors would allow (from her interviews..).

I liked the 'Francis' character, but I can agree with Gregory Harrison that he wasn't given much to do as Logan..., 'Rem' however was an interesting character.

Despite the movie out the year or so before, frankly, not a lot of folks knew why Logan was running.. I know this because I still pull our vintage reviews of shows I watched back in the day.
                        Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• bobws
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 13, 2008

2 words......Heather Manzies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎