Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TOYS R US exclusive Mattel Retro-Action figures found @ discount store!?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • =DAMAGE=
    • Sep 3, 2008

TOYS R US exclusive Mattel Retro-Action figures found @ discount store!?

Here in Cleveland Ohio where I have not had much luck finding Mattel's new MEGO tribute"Retro Action Figures" series figures that was supposed to be an exclusive to Toys R Us-having to resort to buying series 2 on eBay. Only to find them a month later at a discount store here called "AJ Wright" for $9.99 w/an additional 25% off as the store I went to was going out of business. The store is similar to TJ Maxx or Marshall also in this area. Check em out if they are in your area.
    This makes me wonder where series 3 is gonna end up? PLEASE IF SOMEONE SEES THEM-drop me a line. Thanks Bryan
    mrbryandamage@gmail.com
  • Sideshow Spock
    valar morghulis
    • Mar 8, 2005

Damage, finding those figures at AJ Wright (and the other stores you mentioned) has been a big topic here for a month now.. this is the main discussion thread:

I Found 2 Retro Action Figures in TJ Maxx - Mego Talk

You'll also find other threads on the new Series 3 here in the EMCE forum as well. Welcome aboard!

Comment

• Goblin19
      Talkative Member
      • May 2, 2002

I'm in the Cleveland area, too. Wave 2 appeared only at TRU Express stores in this area.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
        MeGoing
        • May 14, 2003

Damage did you find any Batmans? I have been searching in all the TJ Maxx's around here and haven't come across any figures let alone Batman.

Comment

• =DAMAGE=
          • Sep 3, 2008

Yeah-Batman and Aquaman is what they had most of-3 and 3, 1 sups, 1 2face, 1 blk manta. This was AJ Wright-I checked several TJ Maxx and a Marshalls around the Cleveland Ohio area and found nothing. I have heard of them turning up at the TRU Express stores.
          I definitely wanted to share this with everyone here for one I haven't been able to find them at the store that they are suppose to be exclusive to?!-not that I am complaining about getting the ones that I found at less than half price, BUT WHY ARE THEY AT AJ WRIGHT, TJ MAXX-EVERYWHERE BUT WHERE THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE AND WHAT ABOUT SERIES 3?! *** IS MATTEL DOING? Does this mean that they are dumping the line already or what? I must find series 3! I have been wanting a MEGO Flash since I was a kid. Anybody know what's going on with this line-and series 3? The ones that were on ebay are gone and the last ones that I had seen there were Captain Cold only.

Comment

• dchero66
            • Jan 18, 2009

Amoktime.com has Wave 3 available now, both individually and as a set. Great people to deal with too.

Comment

• CollectorDave
              • Aug 4, 2010

Damage, would you be willing to go and see if there's any of the Batman and Superman figures left and work out a possible swap? We've got Wave 3 here in Portland, and I'd gladly pick up a Flash or Capt Cold and send it to you for a Batman and Superman at the $9.99 price. It'd be even steven, Oregon doesn't have sales tax so I could swap one of the wave 3 figures for 2 of the TJ Maxx discount figures. I sent you an email as well. Let me know and thanks in advance. Dave

Comment

• Batman
                "Real" Unlike Others
                • Dec 13, 2010

Yea I e-mailed you in one of your other threads about helping out..(Since you live in the Cleveland area as well)

LMK

Comment

• =DAMAGE=
                  • Sep 3, 2008

Batman Sorry I didn't see a message or email from you? You're in Cleveland too cool! I just messaged Dave in Portland. I made the rounds today to see what I could find and I only found 1 Aquaman at AJ Wright that was it nothing else-sorry. I picked it up anyway incase someone needs it. Also went to TRUexpess today last day-nothin, figured since I was half way there I might as well check TRU-one Sinestro.*Really would like to know why those series 2 were never @ TRU and at discount stores instead.**So tired of wasting gas runnin around. I did some lookin around online and ended up buying 2 sets of series 3 at AMOKtime.*Also seen on Amazon pix of series 4-Shazam/Black Adam, Martian Manhunter/Darkseid. Kinda lame set in my opinion. I would have much rather seen a Hawkman, Catwoman-since the original MEGO was so bad, maybe Batgirl or Robin but atleast mattel seems to be going forward with the line.*
                  Amazon.com: retro action dc superheroes: Toys Games
                  U probably don't want Aquaman but I have him, lmk
                  Thanks again, Bryan

Comment

• BATMAN89
                    Mego obsessed!!!
                    • Jul 20, 2010

A Museum member posted that ToysRus.com has series 3 posted now.
                    Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                    My Early Custom Megos

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎