X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by sprytel
    I think overall it looks terrific, so this is not intended as a wholesale criticism... but something about the legs is troubling me. Too wide? Too manly a stance? I dunno... can't quite put my finger on it...
    I think the Feet seem a little big...to wide perhaps?
    sigpic

Comment

• Sandman9580
      Career Member
      • Feb 16, 2010

Looks beautiful! And making the bust size customizable is a really great idea.

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

I cannot wait for these!

Hopefully this will be a huge paradigm shift for the 8" scale hobby. The more bodies to choose from, the better.
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Excellent. Those female characters will...flourish...in that body. Well done.

Comment

• GUYx1
            FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
            • Apr 20, 2005

The only way to keep 1/9 scale alive is to make it as well designed as the 5" and the 12" figures. This is totally on par with 1/6 scale figures.
            Times have changed and modern kids are accustomed to sophisticated toylines.
            The time for selling dopey looking toys to kids of the 70's is past.
            We need to get with the program and make mego scale toys that are on par with toys that actually sell.
            Zica may just be our last and best chance for the NON mego world to take notice of 1/9 scale.
            I have seen the future and the future is ZICA.
            ALL HAIL ZICA!!!!
            Last edited by GUYx1; Dec 31, '10, 11:55 AM.
            Cheers,
            Guyx1

Comment

• Mefiboschet
              Career Member
              • Nov 29, 2003

Great! I'm just imagining, how the BR Wilma and Arlala figures will look like.
              Will the release of the BR wave 2 figures be synched with the availability of the female body?

Comment

• ZICA
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Mefiboschet
                Great! I'm just imagining, how the BR Wilma and Arlala figures will look like.
                Will the release of the BR wave 2 figures be synched with the availability of the female body?
                The female body should be available before the wave 2 figures.

Comment

• Captain
                  Fighting the good fight!
                  • Jun 17, 2001

Another silly question for you Craig. The feet look bigger than female Megos, I'm betting in this instance, existing Mego female footwear wont fit? Will the male stuff work? And last but not least, will you be bringing out your own line of footwear (and more) for these (and the male bodies) in the near future...or is that a ways off yet?
                  "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• ZICA
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Captain
                    Another silly question for you Craig. The feet look bigger than female Megos, I'm betting in this instance, existing Mego female footwear wont fit? Will the male stuff work? And last but not least, will you be bringing out your own line of footwear (and more) for these (and the male bodies) in the near future...or is that a ways off yet?
                    The feet are bigger than a female MEGO so I doubt the existing female footwear will work. I'm not sure about the male footwear. Yes, I will be bringing out my own line of footwear along with several other clothing and accessory items. How soon that will happen all depends on how well the Buck Rogers line does. The more money I have coming in, the sooner I can start development on new projects.

What's happened is that I've pretty much switched gears from my original plan which was to make the Z-Body Build-A-Figure concept compatible with MEGO and MEGO like figures. The direction I'm going in now is the same as what's being done in the 1/6 scale action figure world in terms of design, detail and customizing possibilities.

Comment

• Captain
                      Fighting the good fight!
                      • Jun 17, 2001

^^^^ Wise choice.

Trying to be Mego compatible is a nice gesture, but it does kind of lock you into a few things. For example you couldnt do a great looking female figure like this, while trying to match the itty bitty feet, skinny legged Mego model. This hobby is growing by leaps and bounds of late, and I think theres plenty of room for somebody doing something new and fresh and going for more realism in their designs!
                      "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

Thank you God! A female figure that doesn't have the little bitty stick arms, puny hands, and baby feet!

This figure looks fantastic, and it's only the prototype.

I wish I worked for you Craig, as working at my current job kinda sucks since I've been stuck working 12 hr nights since last Sunday.
                        JediJaida

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
                          House of a thousand Megos
                          • Aug 10, 2009

I want a bunch of these when they are available AWESOME!!!!!
                          Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

Oh yeah! I've got a bunch of female heads that need bodies REAL bad, and this will fit the bill perfectly!

I predict that these will sell even better than the male figures, Craig.

BTW, when are you getting some more of those bad boys? I've got a young Obi-Wan custom floating in my head that wants realization.
                            JediJaida

Comment

• ZICA
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JediJaida
                              Oh yeah! I've got a bunch of female heads that need bodies REAL bad, and this will fit the bill perfectly!

I predict that these will sell even better than the male figures, Craig.

BTW, when are you getting some more of those bad boys? I've got a young Obi-Wan custom floating in my head that wants realization.
                              I won't have any male bodies back in stock until production starts on the remaining three Buck Rogers figures from series one. When that will happen I can't say for sure but hopefully soon.

Comment

• JediJaida
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 14, 2008

As long as they are in stock when the female body comes out, I don't mind.

I know it's way too soon for pre-orders, but put me down for three or four.
                                JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎