• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bronxboykev
    Permanent Member
    • Mar 7, 2011

Originally posted by JediJaida
    Yeah, thanks.

Well, January is close to being over. Only eleven more days and its kaput, then onto February.

I just hope we don't get hit with massive amounts of the wretched white stuff here in the Bronx; it messes up the mail something awful.
    I'll make sure I keep my part of the Bronx well salted and shoveled if you keep your part the same lol...

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Yvonne Delayed

Just got an update from the factory and was told production on the female figure won't be completed until after the Chinese New Year holiday. The reason for this is because there's a problem with the sonic weld mold that would cause significant issues with the quality of the bodies. This puts Yvonne's ETA at the end of March instead of February. Needless to say I'm not thrilled with the delay but the fact that this factory seems to be genuinely concerned with the quality of the bodies gives me a very good feeling.

Craig

Comment

• Scousebadger
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2, 2012

Aw, thanks for keeping us updated Craig.

Is good that the factory is talking to you about their concerns and not just rushing ahead regardless.

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Scousebadger
          Aw, thanks for keeping us updated Craig.

Is good that the factory is talking to you about their concerns and not just rushing ahead regardless.
          Yes, I'm extremely happy about that with this particular factory. It's definitely been a much more positive experience than what it was with my last factory.

Comment

• Scousebadger
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by ZICA
            Yes, I'm extremely happy about that with this particular factory. It's definitely been a much more positive experience than what it was with my last factory.
            So I've read on here.

Here's to 2013 being ZICA's rebirth and forging ahead with an increasing range of 1/9 scale bodies, heads and accessories.

To be honest, the slight delay gives me the chance to look at my finances and maybe order a couple of more Yvonne figures.

Comment

• ZICA
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Scousebadger
              So I've read on here.

Here's to 2013 being ZICA's rebirth and forging ahead with an increasing range of 1/9 scale bodies, heads and accessories.

To be honest, the slight delay gives me the chance to look at my finances and maybe order a couple of more Yvonne figures.
              Thanks!

Comment

• Scousebadger
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2, 2012

Thanks!
                Thank you Craig: you've impressed me with your attention to detail and the quality of your products. Is worth the wait to get hold of quality figures from someone who cares about producing first-rate goods, instead of taking the easy option and banging out inferior products just to make a quick buck.

Comment

• ZICA
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2006

Yvonne in pieces . . . several pieces.

This is a recent image from the factory that I thought would be interesting to share. The vinyl heads aren't shown but I've been told that they're finished and awaiting their fully assembled bodies.

Comment

• pmwasson
                    Maker
                    • Sep 12, 2007

Cool picture!
                    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• megalomaniac001
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 24, 2009

That's so cool! (It does however, remind me of my spare parts drawer a little)

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

Yeah, magnified by an order of ten thousand!
                        JediJaida

Comment

• Scousebadger
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 2, 2012

This is a recent image from the factory that I thought would be interesting to share. The vinyl heads aren't shown but I've been told that they're finished and awaiting their fully assembled bodies.

It's a massacre!! lol

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

I thought that it was a bit too quiet on their end, now I know why.

*Sigh*, I REALLY have to learn how to keep from getting too eager about stuff; something ALWAYS happens to mess things up!

I was getting all eager beaver to get Yvonne in February, and THIS happens!

I know that stuff can go wrong at the last minute when it comes to manufacturing, but it seems like EVERY time I get my hopes up when it comes to certain stuff, other stuff happens that necessitate pushing back the timeline!

Oh, well! C'est la vie, or something like that.
                            JediJaida

Comment

• ZICA
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JediJaida
                              I thought that it was a bit too quiet on their end, now I know why.

*Sigh*, I REALLY have to learn how to keep from getting too eager about stuff; something ALWAYS happens to mess things up!

I was getting all eager beaver to get Yvonne in February, and THIS happens!

I know that stuff can go wrong at the last minute when it comes to manufacturing, but it seems like EVERY time I get my hopes up when it comes to certain stuff, other stuff happens that necessitate pushing back the timeline!

Oh, well! C'est la vie, or something like that.
                              Setbacks like this are always frustrating, and also fairly common in this business, but I'd much rather wait an extra month to be sure the quality is where it needs to be than receive an inferior product.

Comment

• JediJaida
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 14, 2008

I hear ya, Craig.

Well, that at least gives me another month to plan on where to put her, seeing as how I'm running out of space.

Not really, but it seems like it.
                                JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎