Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

I've heard a lot of mention of doing a Vampirella custom with this. As a newbie, I have to ask...could the Yvonne hair be styled to have bangs?

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

I have no idea about how to do hair, other than braid the heck out of it, but it can't be THAT hard to do.

It might be tricky, with her having a center part, but not impossible.
      JediJaida

Comment

• Scousebadger
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2, 2012

Cutting doll hair bangs:

http://dollycare.blogspot.co.uk/2010...ake-bangs.html

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Cool, thanks.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by ZICA
            Just got an update from the factory confirming that production has started on the body and it should be finished by the end of this month. Assuming all goes well, Yvonne will hopefully be available and shipping by the end of February.
            Awesome news! Thank for the update.

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

Any way to track the shipment when it goes out? The waiting is making me nuts!
              JediJaida

Comment

• Scousebadger
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by JediJaida
                Me too! Been looking into rerooting the multiple bodies I've ordered

Comment

• JediJaida
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 14, 2008

Well, as to that, the vinyl of the head will probably be a lot sturdier than say a vintage Dinah.

When it comes to pulling out the roots in the center part, be very careful as you don't want to rip a great big hole in her head.

I've done that a couple of times, even when I was being careful!

Maybe somewhere down the line, Craig can come up with other colors for the hair.

Like auburn, brown, blonde, and other more esoteric shades.
                  JediJaida

Comment

• Scousebadger
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2, 2012

Well, as to that, the vinyl of the head will probably be a lot sturdier than say a vintage Dinah.

When it comes to pulling out the roots in the center part, be very careful as you don't want to rip a great big hole in her head.

Maybe somewhere down the line, Craig can come up with other colors for the hair.

Thanks for that! I'll try softening the head in hot water before removing roots.

Craig has said he'll look into other heads if Yvonne is successful, but I want to make use of the heads I'm getting.

If it doesn't work I'll look at wigs instead.

Comment

• boss
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 18, 2003

If they're leaving China by boat, good luck on getting any type of reliable tracking on them. Even when they get to the US they can get hung at various other places.
                      Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Scousebadger
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by boss
                        If they're leaving China by boat, good luck on getting any type of reliable tracking on them. Even when they get to the US they can get hung at various other places.
                        Aw. I'm in the UK, so I'll be waiting a while then.

Comment

• ZICA
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2006

Like Boss mentioned, once they're on the water there probably won't be a reliable way to track them. However, I'll do my best to try and get some updates once I know they've shipped.

Comment

• Scousebadger
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by ZICA
                            Like Boss mentioned, once they're on the water there probably won't be a reliable way to track them. However, I'll do my best to try and get some updates once I know they've shipped.
                            Thanks

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

Yeah, thanks.

Well, January is close to being over. Only eleven more days and its kaput, then onto February.

I just hope we don't get hit with massive amounts of the wretched white stuff here in the Bronx; it messes up the mail something awful.
                              JediJaida

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 4, 2011

I've found it pretty easy and been able to avoid damage by first cutting the hair off close to the scalp and then using either forceps or a crochet hook to remove the rest from inside the head. It tends to go pretty quick and easy for me and I've not had any issue with tearing so far.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎