Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Gorgeous!
    JediJaida

Comment

• Jerry68
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 12, 2008

What needs to happen to get this out in 2012?
      sigpic

Comment

• jetzjungle
        Museum Patron
        • Jul 25, 2011

This is totally stellar! Craig you keep trying to top yourself...and it is so awesome!

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Jerry68
          What needs to happen to get this out in 2012?
          I need to either win the lottery or find a massive amount of cash buried in my back yard. Hopefully I won't jinx myself by saying this but I'm in the very early stages of something that might make it possible for both the male and female bodies to be available in 2012.

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

It would be interesting to see a torso that could hold a mego neck post sort of the same way you are doing the male torso. But, I suppose the customizers will figure something out.

Good luck with finding that sack of money in your back yard. I have been digging holes all over the place in mine and I'm pretty sure it isn't over here.

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

Itd be great if we.could get both this year, but if I had to choose id take the female first. If not then ill take the male.
              JediJaida

Comment

• SeattleEd
                SynthoRes Transmigrator
                • Oct 24, 2007

I was about to procure more Mattel fem bodies but after seeing this, I'm holding off.
                I, too, am concerned of the neck post and even thickness but realistically, it nice to see a change from the Mego style neck post. I like it a lot. Superb, Craig!

Comment

• Tothiro
                  Kitten Mittens
                  • Aug 28, 2008

Originally posted by rche
                  It would be interesting to see a torso that could hold a mego neck post sort of the same way you are doing the male torso. But, I suppose the customizers will figure something out.

Good luck with finding that sack of money in your back yard. I have been digging holes all over the place in mine and I'm pretty sure it isn't over here.
                  Without looking directly at the shoulder and mid-section joint connections I'd say that would have to be a pretty easy mod to recast, the problem would then be that the Mego neck posts are so ridiculously narrow that it will look pretty bird-necked against the rest of the sculpt.
                  I guess it's hard to say until it's in hand, but a better option might be to sculpt new neck posts as well, that terminated in a mego socket but fit the body design.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Have you consideered doing some sort of fund raising thru kickstarter? No cash commitment from buyers till you hit a goal, so no preorder pressure until that goal is hit.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• pmwasson
                      Maker
                      • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      Have you consideered doing some sort of fund raising thru kickstarter? No cash commitment from buyers till you hit a goal, so no preorder pressure until that goal is hit.
                      What a great idea! There has been other action-figure projects on there:
                      Backyard Legends: The Prince of Crystal by Tony Fowler Kickstarter
                      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• ZICA
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        Yes, Kickstarter is an option I've considered using. If the other deal I'm working on doesn't pan out I'm planning on giving Kickstarter a shot.

Comment

• JediJaida
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 14, 2008

That is a great concept! We can each pledge 'X' amount, so that Craig can reach his goals without having to dig up his back yard, or trying to hit the lottery.
                          JediJaida

Comment

• Jerry68
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 12, 2008

I would be in for the Kickstarter thing.
                            sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by ZICA
                              Here's an updated pic of the WIP female body prototype that shows the additional bust sizes. These will be interchangeable just like with the male body v.2.

]
                              Craig you ABSOLUTELY know this market. Great, great looking figure. I will be updating so many of my figures with these bodies when they come available. You are a true artist.

Comment

• ZICA
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by MIB41
                                ]
                                Craig you ABSOLUTELY know this market. Great, great looking figure. I will be updating so many of my figures with these bodies when they come available. You are a true artist.
                                Thanks Tom! I really think the 1/9 scale action figure market has a lot of potential for going beyond the retro style that seems to have defined it. Hopefully I can get these bodies made and start putting some of my theories to the test.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎