Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Any recommendations on horror flicks for my 13 year old daughter?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Images

Any recommendations on horror flicks for my 13 year old daughter?

For some reason, she likes scary movies. I was trying to think of some of the better movies in this area that aren't rated "R".

Apparently, I found out that she has been watching movies at a friends house with her friends' parents knowledge but without our permission...Saw and other movies that I just don't think are appropriate at this age.

We watched the Sixth Sense the other day and she liked it but didn't really scare her. I'm racking my brain trying to think of a movie that would be ok and give her that scare factor. I know when I was 13 or 14, my parents let me stay up and watch Carrie on TV (it was the watered down version since it was on network TV but I remember that being the first and actually one of few horror movies that scared me). Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
    ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Images
    The Shining remake (mini-series)

It's a good story and has no nudity or foul language
    .................................................. .......................

Heck, I don't think Saw is appropriate for people my age, must less 13. Thankfully, my 13 year old daughter can't stand the sight of blood or violence. My wife and her usually wear out the TV watching old classics comedy and romance movies. I really can't think of any horror movies that I would let her watch except some old school stuff like Salem's Lot and real old horror classics, which would probably bore her anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by megoapesnut View Post
    Heck, I don't think Saw is appropriate for people my age, must less 13. Thankfully, my 13 year old daughter can't stand the sight of blood or violence. My wife and her usually wear out the TV watching old classics comedy and romance movies. I really can't think of any horror movies that I would let her watch except some old school stuff like Salem's Lot and real old horror classics, which would probably bore her anyway.
    I agree SAW would be unappropriate for a 13 year old or maybe Im just thinking when I was that age in 1984. A movie like that would have scared me for life.But the kids now like that sort of mess?

Images
    Scream
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by toys2cool View Post
    Scream
    I think he said scary movies not stupid ones...lol

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by starhunter View Post
    I think he said scary movies not stupid ones...lol
    it's actually scary for teen girls, not us obviously
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Wow this is a tough one there are so many great films also does she have a favorite type or subgenre(vampires,werewolves,maniacs,monsters)
    "Scream 1,2,3"
    They are great.First one also has Henry Winkler in it.

"I know what you did last summer"(plus sequel) they are both good.also has sarah michelle gellar,Jennifer love hewitt.
    "The Fog" remake is decent.(the smallville guy)
    "prom night" remake is okay.
    "Night of the living dead" 90's remake by savini is the best version plus it's in color...LOL
    "Land of the dead" romero
    "return of the living dead II"
    "The grudge" (plus sequel)(sarah michelle gellar)
    "The Ring"
    "The Return" (sarah michelle gellar) good psychological thriller.
    "Shaun of the dead" not really scary it's more of a zomedy but great.
    "The crazies" 2010 remake great film.

I am pretty sure most of the above listed films are nudity free and the gore factor is not that bad.
    I agree on not wanting them to watch the saw films or crap like hostel.Not at 14(my oldest daughter is also 14)
    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

The Ring

Blair Witch Project