Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any recommendations on horror flicks for my 13 year old daughter?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

How about The Mummy remake?

Comment

• Adam West
      Museum CPA
      • Apr 14, 2003

I allowed my daughter to watch "Poltergeist" a week or so ago. She said it was creepy and made her jump at times but not particularly scary...My first thought was "What in the hell scares you?" I just about jumped out of my skin watching the movie when I was 13. She did say the one movie that really scared her was "Paranormal Activity" which I have never seen nor would I have allowed her to see before I viewed it since it is rated "R". I know the TV version of "The Shining" scared her a bit and I'm sure "It' would probably freak her out but I'm trying to still trying to grasp what she considers truly scary instead of "creepy" in her words...I remember watching "Creature from the Black Lagoon" when I was about 8 or 9, "The Birds"at 10 or 11 and both scared the living s*&^ out of me at the time. Maybe it's just me but it is sad to see that my children have become so desenitized that "Poltergeist" is just considered creepy but not scary to a 13 year old girl.
      "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
      ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Captain_Dan
        Museum Super Collector
        • Dec 19, 2010

Cats Eye, Critters part 1, Brainscan is good but not popular, Dreamscape- 80s classic.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Curse of the Demon/Night of the Demon (1957)

Watched it tonight on comcast on demand. It is really good! I can't believe I've never managed to see it before.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ctc
            Fear the monkeybat!
            • Aug 16, 2001

>Curse of the Demon/Night of the Demon (1957)

OH YEAH! That's a great film! How often do you see the leader of an evil cult performing at a birthday party? And he was such a nice guy too! Well, other than the whole "evil cult" thing!

Don C.

Comment

• Den82
              Career Member
              • Jan 17, 2011

Let's Scare Jessica to Death and Deathdream are two of my favorite films. I'll take atmospheric and creepy American made 70s films any day over that trendy euro crap any day.

I'd recommend Don't Be Afraid of the Dark and Bad Ronald (both TV movies, so they are tame).

I guess Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things. No nudity or foul language. Just some grave desecration and bargain basement Satanism.

Also Herzog's Nosferatu simply because it's the best film of all time and will set the wheels of good taste into motion for her.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎