Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flash Gordon and Ming Up Close (Pic Heavy)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Byrnes
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 19, 2011

Originally posted by BlackKnight
    ... Look at the few People that just commented on not Purchasing the Set ...
    Come On Folks ..., If you like Stuff in this Scale ..., You gotta Support it with some Cash ..., This Market is so Very Small ...., and can not Thrive on Wishes and "gonna Posts" .

I hear what your saying. I love the way these look and would buy them in a heartbeat BUT since they never made more than 2 I can't. I have the ZICA Buck Rogers figs and it drives me crazy everytime I look at them without Hawk, Guard, Twiki, Wima or other figures to complete a set(5 or more for me). They are fabulous figures and I'm happy to have them but I guess I'm weird like that, I can't stand just 1-2 figures alone. Now that the BSG stuff is at 6 and growing I will be buying the them. It's a crappy thing to think this way and not support the line with the first 2 figures, but it justs kills me when they stop after 2 figures.
    WWW.OG13.com - GI Joe, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Star Trek, toys and more

Comment

• jonwes
      Museum Patron
      • Nov 17, 2011

Would people buying more Flash and Ming have made a difference? I thought they always intended just to do the two? I will say, even though it's sad to only have two, the two they made do feel "complete" in a way.

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

Hate me if you will, but although I loved the movie, there was always something 'off' about the figures to me.

The likenesses were okay, but not great.

Flash himself looks more like something out of a cheap wax museum, with badly tinted head, and washed out paint.

Ming was okay, but he was never really a favorite of mine.

Unfortunately for BSG, it appears that the paint jobs done on Starbuck and Apollo are following the same trend. Badly done heads, washed out paint and only so-so likenesses, with zombie like expressions.

I could not, in all good conscience, justify purchasing figures like that.
        JediJaida

Comment

• boss
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 18, 2003

I'm selling my two. if anyone is interested, check the marketplace.
          Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Chris
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by BlackKnight

... Look at the few People that just commented on not Purchasing the Set ...
            Come On Folks ..., If you like Stuff in this Scale ..., You gotta Support it with some Cash ..., This Market is so Very Small ...., and can not Thrive on Wishes and "gonna Posts" .
            Excellent point. I feel the same way.
            Last edited by Chris; Jan 19, '13, 2:38 PM.
            If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• BATMAN89
              Mego obsessed!!!
              • Jul 20, 2010

It's a shame though that I can only buy a few figures here and there. I only have so much Mego
              money to play with. Part of that goes to collecting vintage Megos and some customizing, I have to pick and choose what I really want.
              I'm sure that's the case with other people. I would support all ReMegos if I could afford them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
              Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
              My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

It's a shame though that I can only buy a few figures here and there. I only have so much Mego
                money to play with. Part of that goes to collecting vintage Megos and some customizing, I have to pick and choose what I really want.
                I'm sure that's the case with other people. I would support all ReMegos if I could afford them all.
                Same here. If I bought everything I wanted, my kids would have absolutely no toys, and we'd more than likely be in the poor house. Growing up sucks, but we all have to do it. I

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• BlackKnight
                  The DarkSide Customizer
                  • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by jonwes
                  Would people buying more Flash and Ming have made a difference? I thought they always intended just to do the two?
                  Come On Man .., the Principle "Idea" behind my post is still there in reguards to Re-Mego ...

All the Posts of Justifications for Why Nots and Fundage just were not Needed either.
                  I heard the Phrase that Customizing Mego wasn't a Rich Man's Hobby 7 Years Ago. I wasn't sure what it Meant ..., But Now I really do, and think It Also seems to Apply Heavy to Re-Mego Collectors as well. Where as it seems that with other Scales, Hobbies and Interestes , the Price is No Limit.

Alot of stuff in this Formate is Better than it Ever Was Period imo ....
                  But, The Problem is, It's ****-Ton Better in other Formates Too.

It is what it is ...., Like with Anything, If You ike it, .... You gotta Support Stuff for Longevity. If Not ...., well look around at whats already Gone.
                  ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

I support lines I like, but do not subscribe to the buy everything to support the cause of re-mego theory.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• BlackKnight
                      The DarkSide Customizer
                      • Apr 16, 2005

I didn't write that Either.
                      My Post was Directed at the People Who Seemed to have wanted ..., Who Posted Before Me ..., and Nothing More. I'm Done with this Thread.
                      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• BATMAN89
                        Mego obsessed!!!
                        • Jul 20, 2010

I agree with you BlackKnight. I would love to buy the Flash Gordon figures just to support the ReMego movement. I have never seen the movie but the figures are awesome. Unfortunately I have
                        to save the bucks for SMDM.
                        Hell, I would buy every ReMego if I could.
                        I love that there are so many coming out!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
                        Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                        My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Brue
                          User without title
                          • Sep 29, 2005

I loved the movie and these figures are excellent!!!!!

Comment

• johnmiic
                            Adrift
                            • Sep 6, 2002

I bought these when they first came out. I would love to get an extra set sometime down the road to do some different costumes for Flash and Ming. Flash does seem a bit too pale and while the heads are the right size they seem a bit blocky to me. Not so much to prevent me from buying them tho.

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

I buy and support what I like, just like i do with anything I guess. FG was a must have, dream come true line for me. I was first in line for FG, Doctor Who and Venture Bros. The rest of the lines, I've picked and chosen or haven't bought any at all.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎