X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cast-a-Way Toys
    Museum Patron
    • Apr 15, 2010

Creepy Classics available now!

Finally ready for you the true Cast-a-Way Fans! These classic styled monsters with that crazy 70's flair! From our basement to your greedy hands!Tim Baron's artwork just solidifies the whole thing and we couldn't be prouder. These are limited to complete sets (4 figures individualy clammed). There are 20 sets and that's it. These may not be sold individually, that will depend on sales. With only 20 available that's gonna be tough, so the only way to gaurantee you get them is the set.

They are available now and are $100 plus shipping and handling.
    Cast-a-Way Toys
  • SeattleEd
    SynthoRes Transmigrator
    • Oct 24, 2007

I'm sure these guys wil sell out fast.

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

Wow, the figures look great and Tim's art is perfect! These won't last long.
      Last edited by pmwasson; Dec 9, '10, 12:29 AM. Reason: typo
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
        Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
        • Mar 3, 2010

Ok. Placed my order. I ordered a Santa Zombie this morning. Can we combine shipping to save me a few bucks... That is if Zombie Santa has not shipped out yet.... Thanks
        Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

I thought I begged you guys in an earlier thread not to release these until after Christmas? lol

Oh well, I don't have $100 to spare right now, but they sure do look nice. Enjoy them, people who get them.

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by galaxyexplorer42
            Ok. Placed my order. I ordered a Santa Zombie this morning. Can we combine shipping to save me a few bucks... That is if Zombie Santa has not shipped out yet.... Thanks
            I placed my order for a Zombie Santa last night and for the Creepy Classics set this morning, paid for shipping twice, but can they be combined? And maybe a refund given? No problem if it's not possible, just asking.
            Either way, more monsters headed towards Belgium
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• alex
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 15, 2009

Originally posted by ODBJBG
              I thought I begged you guys in an earlier thread not to release these until after Christmas? lol

Oh well, I don't have $100 to spare right now, but they sure do look nice. Enjoy them, people who get them.

This is a bit naughty, I thought these would be a regular release, and not some quick Xmas money for u lot, Ill be missing out as well.

Hardly a day goes by that we aren't asked when these will be back... , so you produce 20 sets
              Last edited by alex; Dec 9, '10, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• wilbs518
                Mego Collector
                • Jul 25, 2009

Nice set. Too close to Christmas for me.
                sigpic

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
                  House of a thousand Megos
                  • Aug 10, 2009

Those are awesome and if I had already finished christmas shopping then I would buy them
                  Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• David Lee
                    The Fix-it-up Chappie
                    • Jun 10, 2002

hmmm...

Originally posted by alex
                    This is a bit naughty, I thought these would be a regular release, and not some quick Xmas money for u lot, Ill be missing out as well.

Hardly a day goes by that we aren't asked when these will be back... , so you produce 20 sets
                    Alex, I understand why you might think that, but let me add some information for perspective, and let me say I am not saying this out of anger or frustration. We appreciate your business and we would never ask you to blindly defend us or not ask questions. So thanks for bringing this up.

1. Money! It's always the goal. But for us timing is crucial, having time to do small projects is very hard for us. We had planned to do these next year and Tim's artwork came much faster(and better) than we anticipated... so we thought we'd get them out for the holidays (turns out we were right, more on that in a bit).

2. 20 sets?! why so few? Well these are hand made figures, like the originals 6 years ago. So when you add the Zombie Claus to the 20 sets we are talking about 100 figures we have to make... yes Jason and I make these by hand. Getting 100 figures made in China is nothing (they won't do less than 1000 anyway), but for two guys it's a big deal. Remember we still have to run the site, work day jobs, have families, celebrate the holidays (eat and sleep if we get a chance)

3. Why not make them in China? You mean besides the $14,000 it would cost to start up? That's before we would see one red cent, and after making thousands of figures. While we love the enthusiasm folks have for our stuff and the passion they bring. The Chinese are not big on making figures for "passion" and "enthusiasm", they want cold hard $USD$ cash!

So in wrapping up... two guys making all these figures, can't spend loads of money and not see return, had an opportunity to speed up the timetable and took it, and finally we have a good idea of how many to make and how many we'll sell... over half are gone as of right now.

We hate that some folks will miss out, and if we could we'd sell these forever, but that's just not feasible so we do the best we can... And as always THANK YOU for your support and business!

-Dave

Comment

• SeattleEd
                      SynthoRes Transmigrator
                      • Oct 24, 2007

And CAT certainly does a bang up job with the results.
                      I, for one, thank you for all the hard work you guys put into the company and taking your personal time to make the ideas come to fruition. I appreciate all that you folks bring to this hobby.
                      In the overall grand scheme of things, CAT seems to be doing things correctly and I for one like the DIY boutique paradigm CAT is working within.

Comment

• MegoNutt
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 8, 2009

Woo-hoo!!!!! Man I don't believe it accepted my order. I thought these would be sold out by the time I got home. Man I got my monsters!!! Finally after 6 years in waiting!!! Yes! Yes! Yes! It only cost me back and foot rubs for my wife for the rest of this year and next. Thank YOU Castaway Toys!
                        If you need a hole, I can dig it.

Comment

• alex
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jun 15, 2009

Im being rude now,but maybe u can compensate me, after ordering phantom/red beard last october, for a quick delivery, with these

Comment

• Cast-a-Way Toys
                            Museum Patron
                            • Apr 15, 2010

Originally posted by alex
                            Im being rude now,but maybe u can compensate me, after ordering phantom/red beard last october, for a quick delivery, with these
                            Alex, man you are not rude at all... like I said we have no problem explaining why things are the way they are. Sometimes we have control and sometimes not. Thanks for your patience and willingness to purchase our stuff. We appreciate it, and we will come through for you!

-Dave
                            Cast-a-Way Toys

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
                              Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
                              • Mar 3, 2010

Oh!!! Hey- Where is Nosferatu? I was hoping he'd be in with the Creepy Classics. Are you guys still gonna do that figure too?
                              Galaxy Explorer

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎