Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billygalaxy
    • Dec 7, 2010

Wonder Northwest

So I got sick of there not being a really great show that could cater to a broad base of interests in my own hometown, so I decided that I would make my own. If anyone has any great Mego type ideas feel free to throw them at me. We still have some time and space available to make some stuff happen.

Wonder Northwest 2011 - Portland, OR

www.billygalaxy.com billygalaxy_on_facebook
    www.wondernw.com http://stores.ebay.com/Billy-Galaxy-vintage-toys
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

I might be interested in getting a table.
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• SeattleEd
      SynthoRes Transmigrator
      • Oct 24, 2007

I am so there. Anything to support the Portland toy community.
      Maybe some custom mego giveaways? Raffle? Bands? Screening of collections of rarities?
      Hope there is a good DJ.

Comment

• billygalaxy
        • Dec 7, 2010

The Portland Zombie Walk is teaming up with Wonder NW to gather edibles for the Oregon Food Bank and we are thinking a of tying a raffle into that. No bands or collections on display (maybe next year!) but there will be plenty of good pre-recorded music and some DJ'ing by DJ Alpha Mullet.

Comment

• megocrazy
          Museum Trouble Maker
          • Feb 18, 2007

A little far for me but kudos for being proactive in getting something done.
          It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• billygalaxy
            • Dec 7, 2010

If anyone is interested, here is the press release for the show:

Portland, OR – Wonder Northwest, a brand new Comics & Pop Culture Expo, is being held on May 14th and 15th of 2011. Located at the Crowne Plaza hotel near Lloyd Center and is made possible by the help of major sponsors Billy Galaxy, Dark Horse Comics, Robot Piercing & Tattoo, Things from Another World, and the Portland Geek Council of Commerce and Culture - Wonder Northwest will fill a void in the local convention scene by presenting a wider and all encompassing presentation of geek and pop culture than is currently available via the more specialized comic, anime, gaming and other shows in the area.
            A variety of local up and coming comic book talent will be on hand as well as international superstars Craig Thompson, Tim Seeley, Kurt Halsey, Paul Guinan and Anina Bennett. Popular local podcaster Rick Emerson will be spearheading a contingent of podcasters that will be in attendance as well as promoting his own Penguin Books release Zombie Economics. Speaking of zombies – the annual Portland Zombie Walk is moving its date and location to be during and near Wonder Northwest and will be collecting food donations for the Oregon Food Bank at the show and Multnomah County epidemiologist Amy Sullivan will be doing a presentation on the spread of Zombie plague. Gus Lopez and Skot Kirkwood, who are both internationally recognized experts in the field of Star Wars geekdom, will be stepping down from the major league Lucasfilm sponsored events that they usually do to spend time with us at Wonder Northwest. Local USA Today best-selling author Andy Mangels will be hosting a Gays in Comics panel in his hometown after years of hosting it at San Diego Comic Con International.
            Along with all of this content, attendees will have a wide variety of events, signings and contests available to partake in. The most inclusive of these will be a costume contest with celebrity judges and prizes, distributed through multiple judging categories. Another major event of the convention will be a fashion show dedicated to the popular Japanese street fashion known as Lolita. The vending hall will be host to an impressive array of vendors from many locations on the west coast and will feature a staggering variety of toys, comics, vintage collectibles, games and more. When each day’s festivities are over, attendees can visit a special after party hosted by local businesses. Saturday’s party will be hosted by the Lovecraft bar, and Sunday’s will be a very special repeat performance of Critical Hit Burlesque’s Geeklesque! performance at the Bossanova Ballroom.
            Wonder Northwest is open to attendees of all ages with the exception of the after parties which are 21 and over due to their location and mature-themed content. Tickets are available at the door and in advance via the Wonder Northwest website. A one day pass is $6 and it is $10 for admission to both days of festivities.
            For more information please visit Wonder Northwest 2011 - Portland, OR.
            Last edited by billygalaxy; Apr 14, '11, 3:07 PM.

Comment

• pmwasson
              Maker
              • Sep 12, 2007

I will definitely check it out!
              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• SeattleEd
                SynthoRes Transmigrator
                • Oct 24, 2007

^^Ditto. So close I can walk to it. Thanks for the heads up

Comment

• billygalaxy
                  • Dec 7, 2010

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by pmwasson
                    I will definitely check it out!
                    I'll probably check it out, too.

Comment

• pmwasson
                      Maker
                      • Sep 12, 2007

We should pick a day/time to meet up!
                      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• MegomanJess
                        MegoHead
                        • Oct 9, 2003

Will there be one next year?
                        ~~~ Jess ~~~
                        If you want an Action Jackson #1 card PM me with your mailing address. It might not go out ASAP but I will send you one.
                        http://actionjackson.wikia.com/wiki/Action_Jackson_Wiki

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                          MeGoing
                          • May 14, 2003

So...how was it?

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎