Originally posted by ealdrett
    Is this the one in Northgate?
    Nope - Woodinville

Comment

• Sandman9580
      Career Member
      • Feb 16, 2010

Originally posted by johnmiic
      I thought Marshal's was a clothing store? Is there another store named Marshalls?
      Interesting -- Marshalls, TJ Maxx, and AJ Wright are all owned by the same company, per Wikipedia.

Comment

• megomania
        Persistent Member
        • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by Sandman9580
        Interesting -- Marshalls, TJ Maxx, and AJ Wright are all owned by the same company, per Wikipedia.
        Walk in to any TJ Maxx and then walk in to a Marshall's and they are exactly the same...

Comment

• Mojo
          • Jun 24, 2010

Originally posted by kryptosmaster

Gotta wonder why these are in the liquidators stores.
          Just seems rather odd to me.

Rich
          I wouldnt worry about it. I think that since they are exclusives, TRU had to order a minimum quantity from Mattel. They probably had to order quite a bit for the commission. Now only a certain amount sell but enough to make a profit. And they dump the overstock through the discounters probably for cost so they make their money back or take a small loss.Im sure the mark up is pretty high. Gotta clear out waves 1&2 to make room for 3&4!

Comment

• Sandman9580
            Career Member
            • Feb 16, 2010

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
            Gotta wonder why these are in the liquidators stores.
            Just seems rather odd to me.

Rich
            Originally posted by Mojo
            I wouldnt worry about it. I think that since they are exclusives, TRU had to order a minimum quantity from Mattel. They probably had to order quite a bit for the commission. Now only a certain amount sell but enough to make a profit. And they dump the overstock through the discounters probably for cost so they make their money back or take a small loss.Im sure the mark up is pretty high. Gotta clear out waves 1&2 to make room for 3&4!
            Yeah, it's really weird that a line that is A) exclusive to TRU, B) has people chomping at the bit to buy it at TRU, and is C) really hard to find at TRU... is showing up at overstock stores for 50% off of what you'd pay at TRU.

I'm trying to remain calm here -- trying to keep the font size normal, trying not to use bold text -- but we're effectively 3 waves in and the second wave is being discounted at other stores. So, I'm a little concerned. I considered starting a new thread about it, but I'm afraid the Stepford Wives will delete it. (Kidding, kidding... sort of.) Seriously, most of us are happy to buy these at $20, all of us are happy to buy them at $10, and all of us want the line to have healthy sales and continue far into the future. So... if I'm getting nervous over nothing, I'll be very happy to be wrong that I was getting nervous over nothing.
            Last edited by Sandman9580; Dec 9, '10, 1:45 AM.

Comment

• EMCEtoys
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 1, 2007

Originally posted by Sandman9580
              So, I'm a little concerned. I considered starting a new thread about it, but I'm afraid the Stepford Wives will delete it. (Kidding, kidding... sort of.)
              At this point? Speculate away.

The response to this wave, the recognition of the improvements to the base body, the quality of the sculpts and costumes, the enthusiasm over something as simple as Captain Cold's accessories...I feel that our mission is now accomplished.

What saddens me is that, no matter how hard we work, and no matter what wins we have like this, there are still a handful of deeply unhappy people out there who have the luxury of time to trash it all over the internet. And even sadder, those are the voices that are the loudest.

And these loud voices do indeed have an impact. One miscreant actually posted on Amazon the conspiracy theory that Paul deliberately manipulated Mattel to produce inferior bodies just so he could sell more of his own. So, clearly someone who is a Mego fan who knows all the players, with some kind of bizarre beef.

Yes, I can already hear you say, "Oh, they're nuts, just ignore them."

Well, right after that psycho's comment was another comment from someone clearly not from the community, to the effect of "Thanks for the warning...I was going to buy these because I remember them as a kid, but I'm glad I saved my money."

Sale lost.

I tracked the "stranger" down and offered him a couple samples of our stuff so he could see what we've been working on and judge for himself and he was elated. So, we may not have made a sale at that point, but we may have gained a new customer.

And that was just the one I caught.

So look. At this point, we have Toy Fair coming up and lots of stuff we're working on for it, and I've spent an inordinate amount of time on these boards the last week just to gauge reaction to the newest wave, only to be caught up in all the speculation about the future. We've told what we know, we've been more transparent than most, and Wave 3 has proven what can be done.

I can't speak for Paul, but I'm definitely gonna go quiet for a while, because I have dead people to sculpt. Speculate on that.

So, it's a pleasure to have beeen able to put Mego superheroes under people's trees this year (or, at least one for each day of Hanukkah), especially those as good as have come out in the last few weeks alone. I couldn't be prouder to have been able to help my friend Paul achieve his dream of bringing them all to you.

Happy Holidays and see you next year.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

The Stepford Wives, awesome.

We deserve passive aggressive attacks for the work we do, that's fair.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• LOU
                  Museum FIN-atic
                  • Nov 20, 2003

Originally posted by megomania
                  Walk in to any TJ Maxx and then walk in to a Marshall's and they are exactly the same...
                  Hey! A.J. Wright has these too or am I reading into your post too deeply? If they do carry them, I wish I knew that yesterday as there's an A.J. Wright in the plaza directly next to the T.J. Maxx I visited yesterday. Perhaps I should check them out today!

Comment

• EMCEtoys
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 1, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
                    The Stepford Wives, awesome.

We deserve passive aggressive attacks for the work we do, that's fair.
                    Welcome to my world.

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by EMCEtoys
                      At this point? Speculate away.

The response to this wave, the recognition of the improvements to the base body, the quality of the sculpts and costumes, the enthusiasm over something as simple as Captain Cold's accessories...I feel that our mission is now accomplished.

What saddens me is that, no matter how hard we work, and no matter what wins we have like this, there are still a handful of deeply unhappy people out there who have the luxury of time to trash it all over the internet. And even sadder, those are the voices that are the loudest.

And these loud voices do indeed have an impact. One miscreant actually posted on Amazon the conspiracy theory that Paul deliberately manipulated Mattel to produce inferior bodies just so he could sell more of his own. So, clearly someone who is a Mego fan who knows all the players, with some kind of bizarre beef.

Yes, I can already hear you say, "Oh, they're nuts, just ignore them."

Well, right after that psycho's comment was another comment from someone clearly not from the community, to the effect of "Thanks for the warning...I was going to buy these because I remember them as a kid, but I'm glad I saved my money."

Sale lost.

I tracked the "stranger" down and offered him a couple samples of our stuff so he could see what we've been working on and judge for himself and he was elated. So, we may not have made a sale at that point, but we may have gained a new customer.

And that was just the one I caught.

So look. At this point, we have Toy Fair coming up and lots of stuff we're working on for it, and I've spent an inordinate amount of time on these boards the last week just to gauge reaction to the newest wave, only to be caught up in all the speculation about the future. We've told what we know, we've been more transparent than most, and Wave 3 has proven what can be done.

I can't speak for Paul, but I'm definitely gonna go quiet for a while, because I have dead people to sculpt. Speculate on that.

So, it's a pleasure to have beeen able to put Mego superheroes under people's trees this year (or, at least one for each day of Hanukkah), especially those as good as have come out in the last few weeks alone. I couldn't be prouder to have been able to help my friend Paul achieve his dream of bringing them all to you.

Happy Holidays and see you next year.
                      This is so true...I just don't get all the hate. Seriously, if you don't like the goddamn things, just don't buy them, and keep your effing negativity to yourself. I am so sick of internet trolls whose sole purpose in life is to suck the joy out of everyone elses.
                      Toys are one of the few enjoyments I have in life, and I for one am ecstatic about what you and Paul have done, flaws and all. Nothing in this world is perfect, but I prefer to look at the glass as half full rather than half empty.
                      In fact, I only see one problem with the retro hero line...you're not making Marvel characters too!
                      Keep up the great work you guys...and most importantly, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU'VE DONE SO FAR!

Comment

• drmego
                        EMCE Toys
                        • Jun 15, 2001

Remember when FAO Shwartz had the Star Treks (up through Scotty/Keeper)
                        for $5.00 each? Everyone said that the line was dead.

I drove into Manhattan and looted the place before they realized their error.

The line was not dead - and it is still going.

I don't pretend to understand the wisdom of wave 2 selling for $10 at TJ Maxx, all I
                        know is that I will buy all I can find and look forward to the new releases of 2011.
                        www.drmego.com
                        www.megoman.com
                        www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by drmego

I don't pretend to understand the wisdom of wave 2 selling for $10 at TJ Maxx, all I
                          know is that I will buy all I can find and look forward to the new releases of 2011.
                          Isn't that the truth?! Amen Paul. Same here.

Comment

• wyatterb
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 2, 2001

Anybody wanna hook me up with a $10 Batman?

Comment

• garagesale
                              Dept. of Mego Studies
                              • Aug 8, 2006

I drove to every T.J. Maxx, Ross, and Marshalls in the OKC metro this a.m.

Nothing!

Course, they don't really have 'em in our TRUs here, either.

JamesD

http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/adjunct/dolph/

THANKS!

Comment

• sprytel
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by drmego

It's even funnier when you look at what else is in the toy section at TJ Maxx: GI Joe, Transformers, Barbie, Thomas the Tank Engine, etc. I guess all those guys are dead too....

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎