I Found 2 Retro Action Figures in TJ Maxx

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • batjimi
    • Jan 14, 2008

Hey I got 3 batmans from my tj maxx today in north Carolina very excited and again I paid 10 Dollars each for them I hope this is not a sign that they are not selling well I love the series and want them to keep going! megos are back!

Comment

• drmego
      EMCE Toys
      • Jun 15, 2001

Have faith fellas.
      www.drmego.com
      www.megoman.com
      www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Iron Mego
        Wake Up Heavy
        • Jan 31, 2010

I'm hitting TJ Maxx tomorrow!
        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• renegade
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 16, 2010

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYY.......I got a Supes....AM...and Manta today due to this thread.....Looks like TRU is bailing on the concept...if it's exclusive why are discounters getting it? Love the DMPC but someone knows more than they are talking bout!! Why would a secoundary retail chain get the wave that most people are missing out on? And at 1/2 price?......If it walks like a duck...etc etc...Whose gonna tell the realllllllllllllllll truth?
          Paul wassssssssssssssssupppppppppppppppppppppppp? believe it or not we can handle it...just because we play with toys doesn't mean we can't handle the truth like adults!!
          Last edited by renegade; Dec 7, '10, 10:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• johnmiic
            Adrift
            • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by EMCEtoys
            Boy, does Queens suck when it comes to this stuff, huh?
            Actually Joe, I had a friend who told me of a few guys who used to hit every TRU in the area and buy up the rare and collectible figures. Mainly these guys were Spawn-addicts but they were known to gobble up Star Wars rare figures. One guy actually snagged the Boba Fett palm paint error figure and sold it on eBay for $800.00.

2 guys worked it from the outside but there was also a guy on the inside who actually worked for Hasbro in the 1990's. So if he still works it from the inside that would explain why I can't find certain SW toys. Not sure if these guys are still doing it or if the torch has been passed down. In general tho, I am under the impression collectors/hoarders are buying up a lot of stuff here in Queens.

Comment

• MegoNutt
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 8, 2009

thanks saildog!! Been checkin the local TRU for 3 months and nothing. I snagged me wave 2 minus two face on lunch break at the local TJ. AWESOME!! Guy I met there said they had flash gordon last month! SWEET! I guess I'll put the TJ and Marshalls on my list of places to check weekly! BAM!!
              If you need a hole, I can dig it.

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 15, 2010

Got a Batman at TJMAXX for 9.99. It's unbelievable that I've yet to see this wave at TRU and now it shows up at discount.
                sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• Iron Mego
                  Wake Up Heavy
                  • Jan 31, 2010

Well, heck. There's a TJ a few miles from my house, and a quick Google search showed they're open till 9:30 so I took a little excursion and found one Aquaman. I hesitated, as I'm really only interested in Bats. But hell, I had AM as a kid, and at that price it was definitely worth. He's already out of the shell, and yes, wobbly as all get out. But he stands, and if my daughter shows any interest (maybe as a mate for her Barbie) then he's all hers. Will check the other one across town sometime this week for Bats. And my initial reaction was, "Man, he's light!"
                  Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Hotfoot
                    Dazed and Confused
                    • Dec 30, 2007

$9.99 I'll have to check it out. That is if the other Atlanta area members have not found them all!
                    Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

Didn't find anything at the TJ Maxx in Huntsville.

Comment

• LOU
                        Museum FIN-atic
                        • Nov 20, 2003

AMAZING! The TJ MAXX near us here happens to be the VERY LOCATION where I bought Megos as a kid! Same plaza, same walls, same store location, same doorway...just decades later! I would love to find the Retros on the very ground where I bought Megos so long ago! How cool is that?!!! Thanks for the head's up!

Comment

• geoffdude
                          Banned
                          • Apr 18, 2009

Yo all, I wouldn't be TOO happy that these are being found there... these stores are structured as dumping grounds for overstock, and canceled brands. I hope the DC Retro-figs are not in the latter... and is just Mattel dealing with some canceled orders. (But wave 2?)

At any rate, I'll be hitting all stores around me to get what I can find for $9.99.

regards,

g

Comment

• Sandman9580
                            Career Member
                            • Feb 16, 2010

^ Yeah, this is kind of strange news.

I'm happy for everyone who's getting a good deal on 'em (I'll be looking at my local TJ Maxx as well), but... I dunno. Spider-sense tingling.

Comment

• johnmiic
                              Adrift
                              • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by Azrak
                              SCORE! My Marshal's had at least two cases of wave 2, weird no Mantas though. Thanks for the heads-up, I only heard of one instance of wave 2 at any TRU here and I missed it.

I thought Marshal's was a clothing store? Is there another store named Marshalls?

Comment

• Wyld Knights
                                • Oct 7, 2009

Originally posted by johnmiic
                                I thought Marshal's was a clothing store? Is there another store named Marshalls?
                                Marshall's sells a lot of home goods and toys too.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎