Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wayne foundation 07
    Time to feed the cat
    • Dec 30, 2007

I've yet to see all of line 2 at 1 place, and here we go starting the chase for these,wow they look great.

Comment

• EMCEtoys
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 1, 2007

Originally posted by MIB41
      Great shots! And great work too! Wave 3 is easily the best in the lot to date. Well done Paul and EMCE. And a big 'THANK YOU' to Mattel for not waiting around on the fix for the bodies. I also think the Mattel female body is excellent. An improvement over the Mego version in my opinion. And yes, I know the above shot has the Mego body swap. I like the head sculpts and outfits on all of them. Very Mego-like as I would have envisioned them.
      Okay, chalking this one up as a win. You've traditionally been a difficult one to please So, this comment means a lot, thank you!

Comment

• stabilio
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 10, 2002

Originally posted by EMCEtoys
        Nailed the references. As this was the first time we were going to this kind of length on the accessories, we delved deep into Paul's collection and tried to figure what Mego would have done in this instance. We also wanted to make sure that the holster was removable...just cuz we thought it would be cool to do so. I admit that I never really cared for this character until I started working on the gun and the rest.

Sorry you don't like Flash's boots, considering I only spent a week of my life working on them to get them right :-) And no comments on Captain Cold's boots or the gun? I'm not lucky enough to have the time to do head sculpts, but I'm pretty much the Designated Accessory Sculptor at the shop.

And Brian Leitner really deserves a hand for the work on the costume. In case no-one realized he was our suit guy on this one...one of the best things I've seen him do, totally marrying a Mego approach to a new character. We love Brian.
        Don't get me wrong Joe, both sets of boots look very nice. And neither of them was actually super large like the earlier figures. But as you can see by my immediate body swap, I'm a Mego guy at heart. So having those plain Mego boots on the figures completes my vision of the figure. The wings tempt me very much to keep them. I would imagine I am not the typical customer with these views, so I think you will have a lot of people loving these boots, particularly given the size decrease. The gun is awesome and I like how they (you?) made a little notch in the holster for it to fit into place instead of rattling around in there. I love the entire belt/holster/gun combo. I will be cutting the belt straight across in the front and eliminating that extended bottom piece but thats just my personal preference.
        Last edited by stabilio; Dec 4, '10, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• Type3Toys
          Home Of The Type3 Body
          • Jan 18, 2005

I was in TRU today and found only a few Luther figures. I know I can order this stuff, but dumb as it sounds, I really want to buy it in the store!
          LOOK
          Action Figure Design & Prototypes
          For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
          To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• EMCEtoys
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 1, 2007

Originally posted by rlkrefft
            I love what you did with Wonder Woman's gold chest plate. It should have looked like that in the first place. I love the Retro line really I do but whichever one of you guys designed Wonder Woman's outfit you messed up...it never should have been so low. The way this guy did it in photoshop is the way it should have been done. If I hurt someone's feelings,I'm sorry. However people need to accept and admit to the flaws they have done in their work. If I do something silly at my job it is quickly pointed out to me and I live with it and try to do better next time. Wonder Woman's biggest (and in my opinion only major flaw) is that chest plate being way too low. How did you guys allow that design to go through is beyond me.
            The challenge on this one was our original plan to have the emblem completely follow the curve of the bust. Our original prototype had the red top over the bust and the emblem about 1/16" below it. ALmost a year later and having done several other softgood projects, we can only imagine that this must have been next to impossible to reproduce in mass production. In this size, getting that kind of exacting detail is difficult and is most likely done by hand. Therefore, there will be variations. I noticed that the red peaks at the top are considerably longer than initially designed, and that can only be because the factory people doing the sewing needed some clearance to work with in such a small scale. So, the emblem wasn't lowered as much as much as the red material was pulled higher to acommodate the process, including adhering the clear straps to the peaks.

And, I can make it look like my family landed on the moon in Photoshop, but last I checked, it's another thing to actually build a rocket.

So I hope that gives you some comfort and that the issue doesn't cause you to lose sleep at night, so you can go to work the next day fully rested and avoid doing something that your boss will point out as silly.

Comment

• EMCEtoys
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 1, 2007

Originally posted by stabilio
              Don't get me wrong Joe, both sets of boots look very nice. And neither of them was actually super large like the earlier figures. But as you can see by my immediate body swap, I'm a Mego guy at heart. So having those plain Mego boots on the figures completes my vision of the figure. The wings tempt me very much to keep them. I would imagine I am not the typical customer with these views, so I think you will have a lot of people loving these boots, particularly given the size decrease. The gun is awesome and I like how they (you?) made a little notch in the holster for it to fit into place instead of rattling around in there. I love the entire belt/holster/gun combo. I will be cutting the belt straight across in the front and eliminating that extended bottom piece but thats just my personal preference.
              No prob...I'm just fishing for compliments (and I caught a BIG one!). And glad SOMEONE noticed the notch!

Thanx man, just glad you and most everyone else here seems so happy with this wave.

EDIT: One more thing -- it should be pretty easy to slice the wings off the Mattel boots and glue them onto Mego boots, if you want to keep the wings. The sad part is that the boots won't have Flash's treads. That were done by hand. By me. In the wee hours of the morning. When I should have been home with my family. But no pressure (snicker).
              Last edited by EMCEtoys; Dec 4, '10, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
                Time to feed the cat
                • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Type3Toys
                I was in TRU today and found only a few Luther figures. I know I can order this stuff, but dumb as it sounds, I really want to buy it in the store!
                Thats the way I feel,the search and hunt is just as much fun.Great feeling when you see them hanging on a peg.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by EMCEtoys
                  EDIT: One more thing -- it should be pretty easy to slice the wings off the Mattel boots and glue them onto Mego boots, if you want to keep the wings. The sad part is that the boots won't have Flash's treads. That were done by hand. By me. In the wee hours of the morning. When I should have been home with my family. But no pressure (snicker).

Okay, this is a dupe and I'd delete it if I knew how.

You guys rock! Thank you Joe! Thank you Paul! Thank you Joe! Thank you Paul! Thank you Joe! Thank you Paul! Thank you Joe! Thank you Paul! Thank you Joe! Thank you Paul! Thank you Joe! Thank you Paul! Thank you Joe! Thank you Paul! Thank you Joe! Thank you Paul! Thank you Joe! Thank you Paul! Thank you Joe! Thank you Paul! Thank you Joe! Thank you , Thank you, Tahnk you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank U

Comment

• zeedox
                    Career Member
                    • Aug 10, 2007

Just got em

My wife only let me get 3 so I'll have to go back for captain cold

They look great tho

A lot of flashes has a black smudge on nose?

Comment

• puckace
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Feb 5, 2009

Absolutely love them! This is my favorite wave to date. I've dreamed about a Mego Flash forever. Even made my own as a kid using Shazam's costume and red electrical tape for the mask. Can't wait for these to get to Amazon or TRU. Did I mention that I love every character in this wave
                      Well done to everyone involved!

puckace

Comment

• ScottA
                        Original Member
                        • Jun 25, 2001

I wouldn't mind seeing your transplantation of the first 2 waves, if you did them as well, Ron.
                        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• stabilio
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2002

Originally posted by ScottA
                          I wouldn't mind seeing your transplantation of the first 2 waves, if you did them as well, Ron.
                          I posted them when those waves came out. I think they are still in the gallery.

Yep found them

Comment

• ODBJBG
                            Permanent Member
                            • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by stabilio
                            I have to change my statement about the male bodies as there has been a change. There is now a plastic connector between the upper and lower torso. The body can still twist from side to side but no longer bends forward and back at the waist. I think this will be a fix to the bent over problem. So changes have been made. The legs are still strung to each other thorugh the pelvis with elastic and are still pretty floppy. I'll try to take a pic.
                            So essentially they did the same cheap fix that some people here were doing? I guess that's progress, but it'd be better if the actual real issue had been fixed. Treating the symptom but not the problem.

Flash sure does have a big nose.

I'm digging Cold's outfit, thus far though. Maybe a bit too much snow on his body, but I like it. Wish the head was a little bigger or something. Seen so many good custom Colds through the years I thought he'd been nailed, but he's just a tad off.

Still looks like a pretty fun wave.

Comment

• johnmiic
                              Adrift
                              • Sep 6, 2002

Thanks Ron for posting all the pics. I like that Wonder Woman's face. Pretty cool.

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

I couldn't wait... My dreams of having a Mego Flash by Christmas have simply put me on a high I can't fight. I ordered a set of Wave 3 from Amok Time tonight, plus an extra Flash for a buddy of mine. I'm officially smitten. I've waited my whole freaking life for this moment. And I never dared to hope for Captain Cold and he was done superbly. LOVE THE BOOTS on both Flash and the Capt! So now I'll be like a little kid waiting for that UPS truck to pull up in front of my house. YEA!!
                                Last edited by MIB41; Dec 4, '10, 9:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎