Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

No problem man. Thanks for sharing your purchase with us. It's great!

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
      Career Member
      • Jun 10, 2007

Please get a nude pic of a MEGO body next to the nude Mattel body for size comparison.

Lynn

Comment

• MegoNutt
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 8, 2009

OMG!! Awesome pics!
        If you need a hole, I can dig it.

Comment

• stabilio
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 10, 2002

Wonder Woman. I didn't like this figure from the moment I saw it. Even when I went to pick these up and saw it in person I didn't like it and had to talk myself into it. I didn't even think it was worth the swap. I was wrong, I like how it came out.

As for the Mattel figure. First, the red is the same as Supermans trunks (ie too pink) and I might as well let everyone know, Flash's costume is the same color as well. Wonder Woman's head is okay. These are not rounded at the bottom like Mego, they have a straight bottom so it looks a little odd that way from some angles. The suit is okay (I would have preferred the yellow over gold). The snaps in the back are bulky and look bad, so try to only look from the front. The boots are not too big and clunky - these are cool. The Lasso has a velcro hoop holding it on. Through that velcro loop is one of those plastic things like a few of the earlier figures had keeping things in place. I have my doubts that this velcro will hold if that thing is removed so I left it as is - its very thin crappy velcro. I was able to stretch the material to make the W a little higher up. There are clear shoulder straps as most people know by now.

The head is gonna be a love it or hate it for most and there are some odd things about it. The expression is pretty Barbie-ish but thats to be expected - this is Mattel. Now for the interesting stuff, The hair seems to have some kind of glue in it to keep it in place as well as an elastic cord running over and under and through the tiara. Its odd and I think if you mess with it, you will never get it back the way it came. I tried to show this with a couple closeups. I guess this is something that you will have to decide on for yourself if you get these. If you can, definitely pick one that the hair looks okay in the package. The glue, especially on the curls is pretty darn set and solid - no combing here. I don't think there is too much room to mess with it. Mine isn't horrible thankfully.

To answer an earlier question, I don't see any glue on the emblem, looks only sewn.

Second successful Mattel to Mego female body swap - again just a little widening of the neck hole. Also of note I used the paler WOZ (Dorothy/Glinda) Mego body here as the standard color looks way too dark with the Mattel head.

Last edited by stabilio; Dec 3, '10, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

I can't believe it looks better on a Mego body... such a loss for Mattel. Man.
            The Mego body could almost make me accept not having a flesh suit if
            I had one of my own.
            (I'd probaly remove the WWs and replace 'em higher up on the chest with
            a custom eagle design)
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• BlackKnight
              The DarkSide Customizer
              • Apr 16, 2005

wow ..., Her Hair looks alot smaller, and as if she's wearing some sorta Hairnet of sorts. From Your Pics, Her top looks like a Darker Shade of Red, Than Superman's Undies. The Face Woulda been Better ..., If She had No Smile, and the Classic Supergirl "pouty closed lip" look.
              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Can we get some shots of the Flash? I was curious if he suffers like past characters from the "bends" or did you get one that doesn't? I know the improvements are not in production yet, but I like to ask anyway.

Comment

• Goblin19
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 2, 2002

I really like Cheetah. Wonder Woman may be the first I pass up on. I'm starting to think I may just get the ones Mego never produced.

Comment

• stabilio
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2002

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                    wow ..., Her Hair looks alot smaller, and as if she's wearing some sorta Hairnet of sorts. From Your Pics, Her top looks like a Darker Shade of Red, Than Superman's Undies. The Face Woulda been Better ..., If She had No Smile, and the Classic Supergirl "pouty closed lip" look.
                    I didn't mess with the hair, not sure why it looks smaller but I guess it could have been spread out from being against the back of the card creating the effect. Its not a hairnet just an elastic cord it appears to come from each side of the tiara, then both meet and disappear into the hair at the back, come under and then back up around the ears and then looped around the point of the tiara. Like I said I'm not interested in messing with it.

As for the red, don't go by the colors in my photos, I've got bad lighting in this room and the flash might be throwing it off as well. Its the same red as Supes.
                    Last edited by stabilio; Dec 3, '10, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• stabilio
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2002

Originally posted by MIB41
                      Can we get some shots of the Flash? I was curious if he suffers like past characters from the "bends" or did you get one that doesn't? I know the improvements are not in production yet, but I like to ask anyway.
                      I'll get there eventually, but for now, I don't see much difference in the bodies. Elastic seems to be tied tighter maybe but otherwise its the same, same issues.

Comment

• jimsmegos
                        Mego Dork
                        • Nov 9, 2008

All will be mine once the cash flow turns around... What's the word on the Male Bodies in this wave?

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Cool. Thank you sir!

Comment

• stabilio
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 10, 2002

Originally posted by Lynn TXP 0369
                            Please get a nude pic of a MEGO body next to the nude Mattel body for size comparison.

Lynn
                            Pretty close height wise

Comment

• megoscott
                              Founding Partner
                              • Nov 17, 2006

I like...
                              This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• drmego
                                EMCE Toys
                                • Jun 15, 2001

Well Ron got pictures up before I could - here is the new Mattel female
                                body in a yoga pose.

www.drmego.com
                                www.megoman.com
                                www.emcetoys.com

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍