• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

Request Please ...
    a Nudie Shot of WonderWoman.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• ScottA
      Original Member
      • Jun 25, 2001

Interestung. Kinda thought WW would have a headband to keep the hair straight. Nonetheless, thanks Ron. Will be following this thread.
      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by stabilio
        Youtube video of the Reginald episode for those not familiar....
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjV-iPIHOQE

Your sailor suit is much nicer Ron
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• stabilio
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 10, 2002

Originally posted by BlackKnight
          Request Please ...
          a Nudie Shot of WonderWoman.
          Haven't gotten to Wonder Woman yet. Cheetah has been disrobed though and I'm sure its the same. The joints are pretty stiff other than the hips which are connected to each other with the same type of elastic as the older figures. Not super tight there but not like the older male bodies at all. The torso is 2 pieces. However no waist articulation. The top part with the boobs can tilt back (not forward) and very slightly side to side. The legs are a little nobby kneed inward. The heads are not glued on and can be popped off the post easily - no boiling required. The neck post is smaller than a female Mego so the hole might need to be enlarged to put on a Mego body - we shall see.... You can see the rest of the articulation in the pics I'm sure.

Comment

• stabilio
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 10, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
            Your sailor suit is much nicer Ron
            Did I leave my webcam on with Skype open?

Comment

• BlackKnight
              The DarkSide Customizer
              • Apr 16, 2005

Haven't gotten to Wonder Woman yet. Cheetah has been disrobed though and I'm sure its the same. The joints are pretty stiff other than the hips which are connected to each other with the same type of elastic as the older figures. Not super tight there but not like the older male bodies at all. The torso is 2 pieces. However no waist articulation. The top part with the boobs can tilt back (not forward) and very slightly side to side. The legs are a little nobby kneed inward. The heads are not glued on and can be popped off the post easily - no boiling required. The neck post is smaller than a female Mego so the hole might need to be enlarged to put on a Mego body - we shall see.... You can see the rest of the articulation in the pics I'm sure.

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/file...5_original.jpg

Are you Pitching this Body then ?
              I sorta Like it ..., The Design is better than the Mego Female Body imo. and it looks a ton better than the Male Bodies.
              Thanks for the Pics .
              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

Comment

• Type3Toys
                Home Of The Type3 Body
                • Jan 18, 2005

The female body looks pretty decent. I just wish I had more interest in DC characters.
                LOOK
                Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• stabilio
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2002

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                  Are you Pitching this Body then ?
                  I sorta Like it ..., The Design is better than the Mego Female Body imo. and it looks a ton better than the Male Bodies.
                  Thanks for the Pics .
                  I'm not pitching it. But you're asking the wrong person on that issue. I'm putting mine on a Mego body. That said, I think people who are looking for a new body will not hate it like they do the male body. I think the fingers are odd looking. And I think the inward curve at the knees is not very good looking (though not as bad with Cheetah as WW since shes clothed). Unfortunately not too many other people have them yet but I'll let those who might want to use the body judge when they get them. I do think the lack of waist articulation will put some off though - the top torso piece does not twist at all - just tilts backward and tilts slightly to each side. Here's a side shot.

Straight on...
                  Last edited by stabilio; Dec 3, '10, 8:00 PM.

Comment

• stabilio
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2002

Cheetah's suit has an enormous tag sewn right inside the back. It was tucked in but here it is pulled out straight.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                      The DarkSide Customizer
                      • Apr 16, 2005

I'm not pitching it. But you're asking the wrong person on that issue. I'm putting mine on a Mego body. That said, I think people who are looking for a new body will not hate it like they do the male body. I think the fingers are odd looking. And I think the inward curve at the knees is not very good looking (though not as bad with Cheetah as WW since shes clothed). Unfortunately not too many other people have them yet but I'll let those who might want to use the body judge when they get them. I do think the lack of waist articulation will put some off though - the top torso piece does not twist at all - just tilts backward and tilts slightly to each side. Here's a side shot.

Straight on...
                      http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/file...8_original.jpg

Her Hands do Look ..., Weird. By Pitching ..., I meant Throwing it away ?.
                      But I do Like the over all shape of the Female Body. She looks like a Woman, not a Girl. The Body really looked like it was Slapped together, it appears as if I am seeing Glue all over the Place, and the 1 Knee looks CTVT Style Cracked. The way the Thigh's fit into the Pelvis, looks like the same issues with the Male Body..., and they come off as Thunder Thighs.

Comment

• stabilio
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2002

Ah I see, no I'm not going to toss it. I might find something useful in the future from it. I only really see glue at the seams though it does appear to have some extra at the torso seam that ran over the plastic there. It does appear to be a solid figure. The splitting at the knee I just don't think it was held long enough or glue missed that spot but I don't think its going to come apart further or crack. The way the hips are, are definitely the same as the males. If you held the body off the ground and pulled the legs up and let go they will fall back down. I've looked closer at this body now than I ever would have otherwise. I get the idea of what you like as far as the updated shape of the body. Me, I just want more characters that look like the ones I had as a kid. I suspect that you will not be in love with this body, at least not as is.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                          The DarkSide Customizer
                          • Apr 16, 2005

I suspect that you will not be in love with this body, at least not as is.

You are probably right with that Statement .
                          However, I do see Potential , and if You were just gonna Throw it out in the Garbage, I wanted to play with it, to see things.

Thanks for the Review ..., I'm too Broke to buy 1 at 24.99.

Comment

• johnmiic
                            Adrift
                            • Sep 6, 2002

Ron, how is WW's face? Can you give us a close-up to see what she looks like?

Comment

• stabilio
                              Persistent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2002

First successful Mattel to Mego female body swap is complete. Only real adjustment I had to do was slightly widen the hole in the vinyl head to accept the Mego neck post. And only slightly, it will still pop on and stay on the original body. Eventually I will be painting the hands. Mattel gave her flesh hands anyway so no swap was even possible. And I will likely lose the boots and apply some spots directly to the fabric but I took the pic as a direct swap so people could see it. For the record, the female boots are not nearly as big and goofy as the male boots.

Last edited by stabilio; Dec 3, '10, 9:01 PM.

Comment

• stabilio
                                Persistent Member
                                • Feb 10, 2002

Originally posted by johnmiic
                                Ron, how is WW's face? Can you give us a close-up to see what she looks like?
                                I'll get to WW next John. I'm slow.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎