X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

^lol new MegoMeet activity
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by MIB41
      I think Dr. Steel sort of served as a stand alone character in the beginning. Because his first series box didn't mention the "Pack" or any affiliation with a group. His box basically showcased him as simply a new addition to that existing Big Jim line. I know the period of time between this and his initiation into the Pack was brief. But I can distinctly remember there being a period where he was his own character devoid of a team concept. When the Pack theme was flushed out, they gave him a new box (with Jack Kirby artwork) and added a belt with a Pack belt buckle. So there were slight differences that I remember pretty well.
      Yeah, I remember the original commercial for him, and he was definitely more of an adversary for Big Jim. He was originally released a year or two before the whole PACK thing began if I remember correctly. I got my Dr Steel when he first came out, and of course, he didn't have the belt or wolf tattoo on his hand. I think his release was the beginning of moving Big Jim out of the whole sports thing and more into an action/adventure themed series (which lead to PACK). And not being a sports fan at all, this is when I started getting interested in the line as a kid.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎