Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSG Cereal Mail-away

Blog Entries

BSG Cereal Mail-away

Anyone ever send away for the General Mills Battlestar Galactica Viper cockpit?

My husband was telling me about how he had one as a child, but traded it away for some Kenner Star Wars playsets years ago.

I've been looking for some photos of one, and all I've been able to find is scans of the offer on the back of the cereal boxes. (He got his from Cocoa Puffs, but they were available from a bunch of different GM cereals.)

SO... Anyone here ever send away for one? Anyone have any memories related to it?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
    Check out my art:
    Art Portfolio@Redbubble
    Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Images
    No, but I wish I had

WOw I remember those!!

Sent away for it as a kid. It was one of the first things I 're-aquired' when ebay started. Now I have two sets- one to set up and one to keep in the mailer envelope as-is. I'd love to find one of the original cereal boxes some day!

Great memories!

M

Images
    I never ordered it, but my childhood pal who had EVERYTHING, had one and I eventually acquired it from him. I believe it's missing one or two of the moveable dials, but I have it stored away in the basement.

Never saw this ad before, Thanks!!

david_b
    Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Blog Entries
    If one of you guys that have one ever get a chance, I'd love to see an actual photo of it built up.

( I hope to either find one, or at least recreate one for my husband one day.)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
    Check out my art:
    Art Portfolio@Redbubble
    Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Images
    The funny thing for me is..., is I really didn't want anything to do with BSG when it first premiered, preferring to just stick with Star Wars.

As the show progressed, I started really getting hooked, so I had to quickly start grabbing up all the discarded stuff on bargain bids before disappeared..

Images
    I would like to see a real photo, too, please

Same story as Ranger 3 here. I had one as a kid and thought it was the coolest thing. I have no idea what happened to that one. When I discovered eBay years ago, it was one of the first things I tried to track down and eventually found one (complete and in the original envelope!) This was the item that convinced me that you truly can find ANYTHING on eBay if you look hard and long enough. I put it together and displayed it briefly, then disassembled it and put it away for safe keeping. (But, this thread has made me want to dig it back out.)

I have to say, it is still a pretty cool thing. The amount of design and detail that was put into this freebie, mail-away item is pretty impressive.

Images
    TOTALLY agreed.. It was certainly elaborate and YES, you're right about eBay..: I've found more 'holy grails' I didn't even know I needed until I saw them there.

david_b