• Show
Clear All
  • BaronSat
    Museum Super Collector
    • Sep 17, 2007

Stretch armstrong Hulk

I just found that on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stretch-Armstron...QQcmdZViewItem

The photos are not great but it's the first time I saw this toy, so was wondering if you girls and guys knew that toy and why it is so rare to reach such a price?

PS I don't know the seller and do not intend to promote him.
    Custom models :
    www.baronsat.net
  • Sweep Secondhand
    Museum Super Collector
    • May 18, 2007

You notice there are only two bidders in that auction. This could easily be a case of trying to prove who has the deeper pockets or one of the accounts could be a schill baiting an idiot. Don't be surprised if you see this turn up on eBay again in the near future either.
    - Sweep

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

I don't know,judging by the sellers description.It doesn't look as if he had any idea of what he had,but then again he only has 1 feedback and that could be a way of trying to fool some people,for that price I'd drive there and do the transaction in person
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• PCofmisfittoys
        Banned
        • Oct 17, 2007

the phantom guy will get it if it's anything. He's the stretch armstrong guy that bought or wasted 15 grand on the batman. He tends to buy all of the stretches just to say he has all of them on his site..lol

Comment

• Count Creepyhead
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jul 28, 2007

Stretchies are a Niche market (If 2-3 people people make a market). They are very cool pieces but only a small handful of people value them at such a high price. Most collectors don't value them past the $400 range..on a good day. Let alone 4 Grand?? They must have some good dope where these guys are from..

I wonder when he'll come here and brag about how rare this one is...yada yada yada...

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Auctions for these things always seem to be highly suspect and strange. And here's another one. Two bidders bidding up each other in a really idiotic way, as if it's some kind of p*ssing contest (or shill bidding, or people just goofing around, who knows? Someone seriously interested in the item sure shouldn't be bidding like this, they're bidding like a couple of noobs). Over 4 grand already, and the seller has one feedback and has been on ebay for all of a month and a half.
            Last edited by cjefferys; Oct 18, '07, 7:01 PM.

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Count Creepyhead
              Stretchies are a Niche market (If 2-3 people people make a market). They are very cool pieces but only a small handful of people value them at such a high price. Most collectors don't value them past the $400 range..on a good day. Let alone 4 Grand?? They must have some good dope where these guys are from..

I wonder when he'll come here and brag about how rare this one is...yada yada yada...

I hope not. I don't think we want to go through that again.

Comment

• PCofmisfittoys
                Banned
                • Oct 17, 2007

it reminds me of back several years ago , someone listed a couple of MEGO elastics ads on ebay and they ended up going for 150.00. Now these are the comic ads found in ROM space knight comics and just neatly cut out of the issue and put into a sleeve. About two weeks later , you saw 10 of them on ebay. While they are nice , the real Elastics are a rare item and demand a high price due to a few people with more money than sense. But what idiot pays 150.00 for the ad. Just a time where they wanted to be able to post they had the ADS...lol.

Comment

• Sweep Secondhand
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • May 18, 2007

The part I find really interesting is that this is a supposedly new seller who, based on his extremely limited description, does not really know this product and yet somehow he knows to put a reserve on this item that is somewhere in excess of $1.5K (the current bid price). It just doesn't add up.
                  - Sweep

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Stretch Collecting is a small pool of people, some like to collect multiples, many mistake that for overwhelming demand and interest.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎