Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MATTEL EAGLE 1 spaceship--can it return?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tristan
    • Nov 9, 2010

MATTEL EAGLE 1 spaceship--can it return?

With Hasbro doing retro packaging and re-doing classic SW toys like the AT-AT and snowspeeder, Im wondering if Mattel wouldnt want to try and up the ante and hit the collectors/fans of SPACE:1999 with a re-vamped EAGLE 1 Transport.
    Granted the old Eagle was classic but not alot of detail. With such a simple design, it would be easy to make it a bit more modular like the DINKY/PE Eagles.

Changes to the following would have to be made, but I think its size is still pretty perfect.
    -more detailed cockpit to allow 3 3/4 figures from mattel and other brands-gi joe/sw etc
    -better landing gear, spring loaded would be nice but not critical.
    -removeable transport pod---so that other updated pods--rescue, vip, medical etc could be re-issued or sold seperately or possibly used for exclusives for other retailers.
    -lights and sounds would be great, but a fantastic paint job would be better.
    -3 figures with some articulation like gi joe or even basic articulation would be great. removeable helmets, but keep backpacks molded into figures. Keep the sculpt generic enough and you only need one body. Heads would be for Cmdr Koenig, Pilot Alan Carter and Prof. Bergman
    -Keep the component system together, removeable command module and engine assembly would be great.

Rather than hundreds of dollars, this great, iconic spacecraft can be enjoyed by new and old fans alike.

EAGLE 1 TRANSPORT
    MEDICAL/RESCUE EAGLE
    VIP EAGLE
    FREIGHTER EAGLE
    EAGLE WITH WINCH ASSEMBLY
    LABORATORY EAGLE
    LABORATORY EAGLE WITH BOOSTER ASSEMBY FOR SPINE
    EAGLE 1 TRANSPORT WITH ORANGE GLIDER CRAFT--fits 1-2 figures

HAWK-white and orange versions--can be used for exclusives and come with exclusive HAWK pilot.(same body sculpt/same helmet)

I think Mattel could get the most use out of the EAGLE with minimal re-investment. The mold has possibly 7 re-uses after the original. Thats a big money saver.

For a one shot deal this is great with a potential to turn it into a line if Mattel wants to. I believe the market is definately there, just keep the Eagle under 125$.

Would you be interested in this? What changes would you want to see?
  • Tristan
    • Nov 9, 2010

Im an amatuer customizer, I know there are infinately better models, but simple improvements really do make this an incredible toy.

Over the next several months, Im going to try and customize my Mattel Eagles into what I would think would make a great OLD toy NEW again.

If you have any suggestions to what other improvments I can make, please post them.
    Last edited by Tristan; Nov 18, '10, 12:59 AM. Reason: I felt like adding something.

Comment

• Tristan
      • Nov 9, 2010

This version was done by Shado X of Eagletransporter.com forum. The paint job is amazing.

Comment

• actjac01
        Veteran Member
        • May 17, 2009

I definately would want one.
        Without a doubt one of my more favorite toys from the '70s...that and Megos, of course.
        "...You can capture the Klingon & bring him back to the Enterprise!"

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎