Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost again...Suggestions for these knives?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

Very cool. I can only imagine what we will see once you two mad scientists team up.

Comment

• megoscott
      Founding Partner
      • Nov 17, 2006

Check this guy out. 1:6, natch.

This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
        Stuck in a laundry shoot.
        • Oct 8, 2007

Originally posted by pmwasson
        Oh hellz yes. Those are sweet. If the edge can be ground some, those are perfect. I'd love a set of fine mego-scaled cutlery.
        "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by pmwasson
          Told ya you should have them laser cut
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• megoscott
            Founding Partner
            • Nov 17, 2006

While waiting for the laser cutter experiment I went ahead and tried a different approach. I'm using a modified wrestling suitcase for this prop. I'll be replacing the sculpted socks and pants and stuff, but they inspired me to try making the whole thing a single relief piece. It'd unquestionably be cool to have beautifully crafted individual knives that fit into a piece of black foam, but I could see a toy company making the call to do a more economical solution. So I took Paul's lovely drawing and printed it out and used it as a template to sculpt the knives onto.

I ended up removing one of the knives so it felt less crowded. The case I am using is a wee bit small in scale, it totally works, but 5 knives fit better than 6.

It's a little bit crude, this is my first attempt to sculpt these kind of accessories, but I like how it turned out. Just waiting for the chrome paint to dry on my suitcase and I'll be finished! I can always pop this out of the lid and replace it with something better if it ever comes along.

Comment

• jessica
              fortune favors the bold
              • Nov 5, 2007

those look really fabulous! Great job, Scott!!
              Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
              Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
              1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
              1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• megoscott
                Founding Partner
                • Nov 17, 2006

Thanks! It's weird how you don't see some things until you do a giant photo of them! I need to tweak the paint some more.

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

I think that sounds like a smart solution.

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by MegoScott
                    While waiting for the laser cutter experiment I went ahead and tried a different approach. I'm using a modified wrestling suitcase for this prop. I'll be replacing the sculpted socks and pants and stuff, but they inspired me to try making the whole thing a single relief piece. It'd unquestionably be cool to have beautifully crafted individual knives that fit into a piece of black foam, but I could see a toy company making the call to do a more economical solution. So I took Paul's lovely drawing and printed it out and used it as a template to sculpt the knives onto.

I ended up removing one of the knives so it felt less crowded. The case I am using is a wee bit small in scale, it totally works, but 5 knives fit better than 6.

It's a little bit crude, this is my first attempt to sculpt these kind of accessories, but I like how it turned out. Just waiting for the chrome paint to dry on my suitcase and I'll be finished! I can always pop this out of the lid and replace it with something better if it ever comes along.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_QxTQIU0ejb...0/P1020231.JPG
                    Wow, that totally kicks ***, Scott
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Sandman9580
                      Career Member
                      • Feb 16, 2010

Hey, those look pretty sharp! I wonder what it would look like if you added black paint to the second knife, to simulate the cut-out perforations on the blade? (Like the old "missing tooth" make-up effect.)

Fun stuff!

Comment

• pmwasson
                        Maker
                        • Sep 12, 2007

Looks great. My procrastination led to some good!
                        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎