Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I need to check the slime that came with Toy Biz's first Venom figure, from the 1990 Marvel Super Heroes line. The slime came in a spider-shaped squirter. I bet it's all dried up too.

The knock off slime sold in bubble gum machines smelled worse, and had an almost apple sauce like consistency. I remember getting a tongue-lashing for destroying an area rug with that stuff.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• ScottA
      Original Member
      • Jun 25, 2001

Do you think if you messed with an open can say once a month it would help it in not hardening? You know, message it through your fingers, etc. I never had slime so I don't know.
      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by ScottA
        Do you think if you messed with an open can say once a month it would help it in not hardening? You know, message it through your fingers, etc. I never had slime so I don't know.
        Nah, it's exposure to air that dries them out. The old containers just aren't as air tight as they used to be. If anybody has some good vintage Slime left they might want to store them in Tupperware instead of the vintage cans.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

Mattel still has the formula....I remember seeing it at KB a year or so before they liquidated.....it was licensed to a secondary company (Just 4 Fun, or something) but it had a Mattel Copyright on it too, so it was real Slime.

I imagine it won't be long that MOTUC fans will be demanding it, so keep an eye open....the Slime Pit was always a small playset, so it would be a likely candidate if they branch into that area.
          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎